2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It has now been confirmed.

'Ahead of the next List Lodgement day on 29 October, the following players have been advised that they will be delisted from the main playing list: Steven Dodd, Ryan Murphy, Chris Hall, Brock O’Brien, Tim Ruffles and Ben Bucovaz.'

Ruffles is also delisted. Very unlucky.

Always thought one of BoB or Hinkley would stay - I guess they'd had enough of BoB's constant injuries. Pity, he was a better prospect when fit than Clinkers for mine.

Ruffles and Buco; you would think one or both are going to end up on our rookie list.

The others are no-brainers.

Delistings announced mean this:

Johnson
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Morabito
Fyfe
Houghton
Bollenhagen
Mayne
Bradley
Hayden
Grover (Veteran)
Hinkley

Suban
Ballantyne
Barlow
Ibbotson
Crichton
Roberton
de Boer
Silvagni
van Berlo
McPharlin
Faulks
Mzungu
Griffin
Walters

Sandilands
Hill
Broughton
Clarke

Pavlich
Mundy

Rookies
Sibosado
Pearce
Shepheard
Ruffles (pre-empting this move)

Movements
Solomon - retired
Thornton - retired
Hasleby - retired
Headland - retired
Hall - delisted
Tarrant - traded
Dodd - delisted
Bucovaz - delisted
O'Brien - delisted
Murphy - delisted
Ruffles - delisted

This now leaves us with 34 on the main list, 1 veteran outside the list, and potentially 4 rookies (including Ruffles)... meaning we can take 4 in the ND and 3 in the rookie draft this year, in addition to the 3 we picked up during trade week.

I can't see Smokey McPhee on your list IP but he came across on a 3 year deal so add him to 2012.

It's going to cost us a packet to retain Fyfe and Morabito, looking at the list they're the 2 that the GWS will be throwing ca$h at.

I can't see Smokey McPhee on your list IP but he came across on a 3 year deal so add him to 2012.

It's going to cost us a packet to retain Fyfe and Morabito, looking at the list they're the 2 that the GWS will be throwing ca$h at.

Well isnt it comforting that they are both WA boys and I know for a fact the Anthony wants to stay in Perth.

Sorry Dom - added McPhee (I knew there was someone missing).

Johnson
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Morabito
Fyfe
Houghton
Bollenhagen
Mayne
Bradley
Hayden
Grover (Veteran)
Hinkley

Suban
Ballantyne
McPhee
Barlow
Ibbotson
Crichton
Roberton
de Boer
Silvagni
van Berlo
McPharlin
Faulks
Mzungu
Griffin
Walters

Sandilands
Hill
Broughton
Clarke

Pavlich
Mundy

Rookies
Sibosado
Pearce
Shepheard
Ruffles (pre-empting this move)

Movements
Solomon - retired
Thornton - retired
Hasleby - retired
Headland - retired
Hall - delisted
Tarrant - traded
Dodd - delisted
Bucovaz - delisted
O'Brien - delisted
Murphy - delisted
Ruffles - delisted

This now leaves us with 35 on the main list, 1 veteran outside the list, and potentially 4 rookies (including Ruffles)... meaning we can take 3 in the ND and 3 in the rookie draft this year, in addition to the 3 we picked up during trade week.

Hinkley hasn't got a contract yet has he? He could be dumped after the draft for a PSD pick.

You can certainly de-list a player then invite them to train with the club, but I'd say it's against the list lodgement rules to leave a player in limbo until just before the PSD. And if it's not it won't be great for team morale and would put his manager well and truly off side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's just been left there from the end of last season. Griffin isn't even on there yet.

If Clanceeeee is to stay on the senior list we'll have to de-list someone else to use our 3rd pick in the draft because the club have said we'll be having 3 picks.

You can certainly de-list a player then invite them to train with the club, but I'd say it's against the list lodgement rules to leave a player in limbo until just before the PSD. And if it's not it won't be great for team morale and would put his manager well and truly off side.
But it does happen...

I think he's just been left there from the end of last season. Griffin isn't even on there yet.

If Clanceeeee is to stay on the senior list we'll have to de-list someone else to use our 3rd pick in the draft because the club have said we'll be having 3 picks.

I think you will find that we have now 4 places free on the main list. So we could upgrade Clancee and still have 3 draft selections.

We may also draft someone like Monaco, Chalwell or Litherland.

They'd all be a good chance of debuting in 2011.

And then of course there's Roberton.

Nah, we're fine down back, Dodd can go, it's ok.;)

Scham the three you named stack up well against any KB 18 year olds in the country. Not sure how Monaco or Litherland went at National combine but I know Chalwell got 14.6 on the beep test and 88 cm running leap which equalled the best in Canberra. He should have played 18s but being East fremantles No1 ruck didnt get a chance to be seen at CHB or FB. The selectors didnt want him as a ruck saying he was too small at 193cm but had beaten the 18s ruck through the colts season (and averaged 18 possessions) hence named as ruck in colts team of the year. He can play in a variety of roles. Menagola also tested well at WA combine with a 15.5 beeb. (him and Chalwell got the best 2 results in the beep) Im just a keen fan of drafting local boys , they dont want to go home in their prime!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkIkb1NYNnw footage of chalwell

I think you will find that we have now 4 places free on the main list. So we could upgrade Clancee and still have 3 draft selections.

This is correct

In: Barlow, Silvani, Deboer, JVB, Faulks, Mzungu, Griffin (7)
Out: Solomon, Thornton, Haselby, Headland, Tarrant, Hall, Bucovaz, Dodd, Murphy, BoB, Ruffles (11)

That means the following:
Pick, 20, Pick, 43, Pick 55, Pick 72/PSD/Upgrade Pearce or Sibasado

Word is Ruffles under contract will be added to Rookie list. BoB & Bucovaz to train with others over the Pre-season for a possible spot on the Rookie list. Would like to see BoB and Bucovaz show over the Pre-season that they are over their injury troubles before being picked up again.

Anyone think we may keep a psd pick? Could be a chance now with Kayler-Thomson, Carl Peterson and Gary Moss being delisted from the hawks amongst several from other club becoming available.

Anyone think we may keep a psd pick? Could be a chance now with Kayler-Thomson, Carl Peterson and Gary Moss being delisted from the hawks amongst several from other club becoming available.

Although I rate Peterson as a small Forward, I don't think we will touch him, he appeared to be drop for disciplinary reasons. (let him go across town).

I'd give Moss a chance to train with our guys along with Kayler-Thomson, with a chance to be picked up in the pre-season draft.

Wayde Skipper being dropped was a surprise, as much as I like Wayde I don't think he'll be picked up either.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back