Toast 2011 Draft Pick #64 - Cameron Ellis-Yolmen

Remove this Banner Ad

CEY reminds me of Greg Chappell. You know, that famous AFL footballer:D

Same laid back style with plenty of time and economy of effort

That huge kick for goal of Cams isnt a one off by the looks of it.
Left handed bounce in both. He must be left handed and right footed. Would account for his kicking taking a little while longer to develop. Sometimes it just takes time to become more dexterous with your off-hand.

He isn't the greatest kick but what he does have in spades is balance, composure and an excellent football brain...he's the type of player to bring others into the game and very unselfish

That huge kick for goal of Cams isnt a one off by the looks of it.

there's another one somewhere too, running it out from a bounce in the centre, nearly a carbon copy of the one on the weekend.

EDIT: here we go, 30 seconds in

Last edited:
Only strength and conditioning work as far as I know, along with possibly Jarrod Walsh??? (dont quote me on it) and a sprinter.

No AFL related work going on as far as im concerned, but given just how talented Bunji was as a player, there may very well be some fine tuning taking place on the side.
They said pre-season that he'd been shadowing Sam Kerridge as well, since he's one of the fittest blokes on the list and CEY wanted to build his tank up some more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the perils of our clubs upper management.

Should have been a club wide re-assessment of our list and 'premiership window' after Rd 5 2013.

That assessment really should have come halfway through 2010, when Edwards, McLeod, Goodwin, Burton and to a lesser extent Hentschel announced their retirements.

After 2010, 2013-2014 should have been our goal, from 97 to 09, in 13 seasons we'd missed the finals 3 times. Largely due to some absolute superstars, the last of whom were retiring in 2010. Sadly we chose to push on again and whilst we got a good 2012, it was purely a false dawn.

Now, whilst we've spent 4 of the past 5 years out of the eight, we haven't had a true rebuild. Remarkably we've still drafted/developed some amazing talent, but we're now at the point though that we're too far down the garden path with the "anti-rebuild" policy, with guys like Danger, Walker, Sloane, Betts, Talia, Jacobs, Douglas and Smith in or entering their prime, that we kind of have to continue to challenge or we'll waste all the hard work we did training them up. Unfortunately we farted around attempting to challenge for premierships when we had no right to, offering dodgy deals to Tippett and who knows who else, that we don't have adequate support around them.

I think we need to tread very carefully at present with our list management, if we make the wrong move we could very much end up like Richmond. Unfortunately Sando's complete disregard for structure, hard work and basic AFL standards means we're Walsh is right to target 2017. It means we have to be ruthless at the trade/FA table in filling out needs/structures, along with team selection.

If we see Ellis-Yolman as a key part of our midfield in 2017 and he's performing to half reasonable standard, he gets games, similar Cameron, Lever, Kelly etc. I think we've seen this to an extent with Pods and Martin very much on the outer and Hartigan being disposed of so quickly, even without replacement. Hartigan I fear may have had his card stamped, can we afford to have a player who's game goes water in such a bad way when the pressures on? Do these players win finals? Can they be relied upon?

Like a few others I had CEY firmly in the delist group ahead of this season; he's been fantastic and is pretty much a lock in my best XXII now.

He reminds a lot of David Mundy with the ball in hand; looks like he's moving at a snail's space but rarely gets caught and alway seems to have enough time to get his kick away.

Being a taller mid I'm guessing his longer legs mean he doesn't have to shuffle the feet as quickly to move away from opponents - is strange to watch as it appears he's barely moving.

1609951_835901573132429_5253740100360777933_n.jpg

:D

Like a few others I had CEY firmly in the delist group ahead of this season; he's been fantastic and is pretty much a lock in my best XXII now.

He reminds a lot of David Mundy with the ball in hand; looks like he's moving at a snail's space but rarely gets caught and alway seems to have enough time to get his kick away.

Being a taller mid I'm guessing his longer legs mean he doesn't have to shuffle the feet as quickly to move away from opponents - is strange to watch as it appears he's barely moving.

Yeah! I get the exact same vibe with him, it appears like he's not even moving yet he seems to get out of congestion with ease, doesn't even look like he's sprinting. Must be his running action and I'm assuming he has a very large stride, this guy could be anything.

Does anyone remember the back story to CEY? I have it in my head that he was kinda new to Aussie Rules when he was drafted and always seen as someone who would mature late.
No he has been playing footy a long time. I recollect that he played juniors with Lockleys for quite a while, til about the age of 14 and he was a sensation then- fast, great endurance, and a ball magnet. He was tall and skinny for his age, and he had a shock of thick brown curly hair, hence the nickname which has obviously stuck. I think he moved to Flinders Park FC as part of his junior development whilst on the W/WT under16's list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2011 Draft Pick #64 - Cameron Ellis-Yolmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back