2012 Match attendances

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe if a big crowd for you is 50k :rolleyes:

No stadium can beat 100k at the MCG, especially on GF day.

So you saying 50K isn't a good turnout for Eithad?

Actually what is your point? I've been to big crowds at the G I just perfer Eithad as a stadium.

But that's my opinion and im entitled to one even if my team doesn't draw big crowds.

So you saying 50K isn't a good turnout for Eithad?

Actually what is your point? I've been to big crowds at the G I just perfer Eithad as a stadium.

But that's my opinion and im entitled to one even if my team doesn't draw big crowds.

That's a first.. Preferring etihad to the g.

I think its crap.

Each to their own.

Great turnout, great atmosphere and best stadium in Australia for football.

Agree with this. Docklands over the G any day for footy.

No stadium can beat 100k at the MCG, especially on GF day.

I think you mean only on Grand Final day (and maybe Anzac Day). You need 90k at the G for the same atmosphere that 45k at Docklands gets.

The only decent seating at the G is on levels N and P (and maybe the first few rows of level Q). Level M is not steep enough so you can't see what's happening on the other side of the field. Most of level Q is too far away so you just end up watching the screens.

There is some crap seating at Docklands too but overall I'd say 60-70% of seats have a very good to excellent view. And it's warm.

Food at both venues is still expensive and crap though. :thumbsdown:

Agree with this. Docklands over the G any day for footy.

I think you mean only on Grand Final day (and maybe Anzac Day). You need 90k at the G for the same atmosphere that 45k at Docklands gets.

The only decent seating at the G is on levels N and P (and maybe the first few rows of level Q). Level M is not steep enough so you can't see what's happening on the other side of the field. Most of level Q is too far away so you just end up watching the screens.

There is some crap seating at Docklands too but overall I'd say 60-70% of seats have a very good to excellent view. And it's warm.

Food at both venues is still expensive and crap though. :thumbsdown:

I'd take the 60k+ crowds that Hawthorn have played against Geelong, Collingwood, etc. recently, over anything i've ever been to at Etihad, including a few 'sellouts'.

MCG is an awesome stadium and as we know with 50,60,70K+ crowds noise levels are amazing but even with 40K+ noise comes across loud too well i cant speak for other supporter bases on this experience but going to Richmond games its fricken loud and the atmosphere at the G is phenomenal....

Etihad too i like and last nite against the saints in front of nearly 50,000 fans it was pretty loud...

I go to all venues cant stand hearing oh i dont like Etihad, bottom line do u like watching ur team play "yes or no" cause if its yes u go anywhere to see them play and that doesnt have to mean going interstate but in ur own backyard 2 stadiums 10 mins apart in the city there should be no excuses PERIOD

MCG is the most overated ground in the universe. Etihad craps all over it. I'm not Victorian so I'm allowed to speak the truth!
That's because you have no emotional tie to the stadium. You didn't grow up going to the MCG on a Saturday afternoon every second week or so. Its a special place.

Now supporters of other clubs like WB, St K etc who have rarely played there over history might disagree but for me being an Essendon supporter who started going to the footy from the late 80's, the MCG is all I knew growing up and holds great memories. I love wet weather like tonight, stuff the roof.

Its got a unique atmosphere where as Etihad seems to amplify everything x100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The G is the home of football, always has been and always will be. No contest as to which ground is the best to watch the best game in the world at.

MCG is an awesome stadium and as we know with 50,60,70K+ crowds noise levels are amazing but even with 40K+ noise comes across loud

Be serious - the lack of atmosphere in the AFL is laughable. 15,000 Melbourne Victory fans at AAMI Park make far more noise than 70,000 sweetie paper rustlers at the MCG writing down the goalscorers in their Records.

Be serious - the lack of atmosphere in the AFL is laughable. 15,000 Melbourne Victory fans at AAMI Park make far more noise than 70,000 sweetie paper rustlers at the MCG writing down the goalscorers in their Records.

1) No they don't.
2) We don't have time to chant songs during play, what with all the goal scoring taking place and all. We can't even get a decent Mexican wave happening at Australian Football games. Just when one gets started, some idiot on the field invariably goes and ruins it by scoring :rolleyes:.

Back on topic, decent crowd at both Sat night games given the weather.

Spoken like a man whose never heard 80,000 people call "ball", followed by "yeah" 50 times a match.

piss off r u for real, dont even compare noise levels at AFL to soccer, if u r referring to singing chants thats a different story in itself as how else will u keep yourself entertained when scoring 1 or 2 goals a match and even games u go without scoring at all but sheer noise dont make me laugh AFL every day of the week, surely u were taking the piss...

We missed out on the World Cup, didn't we? Are they still playing that game?

You are just a troll 15,000 for the soccer 12,000 for the RU and 10,000 RL now arent they great big crowds at AAMI? try 80- 90,000 at the G for an AFL game and see who makes the most noise.

Even 45,000 for our game at the Dome make a lot more noise than any of the foreign imported codes there!

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Match attendances

Remove this Banner Ad

Back