List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Billings played better in his bottom age year, no public video for his 2013 highlights. He was responsible for dislocating Acres's shoulder.
Paddy dislocated Sheed's shoulder. Not Acres.

When was that ever on the table?

I dont remember a single tweet, news flash or facebook page even hinting that 1 for 3 and 23 was on offer from either party.

Did we even ask the question? If the clubs attitude is "The offer was not presented" than this is unacceptable. The club should have sought this trade out if they were going to take McCartin. If I find out that this was shopped around and Melbourne rejected it, then I will accept that we tried and move on. However if it comes out that we knew that we wanted McCartin and did not even seek a trade with Melbourne, well then that is nothing short of negligent in my view.

At this stage there is certainly no indication that the club did anything but sit on it's hands during trade week and wait for somebody else to come up with ideas for them. The fact that Pelican left shortly after trade period ceased is also strangely curious.

Something went down leading up to and during trade week, no way was our recruiting team all on the same page. If I had to guess, I think Pelican's influence was muted, hence our all bark no bite approach to trade week.

$5m over 6 years to Dangerfield seem about right now? Would have to pay about $800k a year to be in the market I reckon.
Maybe also $1.8m over 4 years for a GWS gun (treloar / Shiel)

On a side note- out of interest, paddy's old man holds some senior role with Little Creatures brewery. Met his old man, good people. And - in order to get us all on side- he might be able to put on a keg or 2!

So we have a poor mans Kosi/Hawkins?

What a get
I don't think he's that type of player, seems like more of a lead and mark player to me.

Anyway I don't mind the pick. Spencer and Lee etc will be better players with a number 1 forward and there's still plenty of drafts to pick up mids on the way up.

From what I was told we didn't pick Judd because we were told by West Coast that they weren't going to take him and as such we believed we'd be able to get BOTH Ball and Judd, but they double-crossed us and took Judd and left us with X at 5. (I think we believed they would take Polak and Freo would take Sampi- or vice-versa, leaving us with Judd at 5).

Well if that is true, that is nothing short of embarrassing........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why you guys are looking at pick one alone and not the whole picture.

If you did take McCartin with the knowledge of picking up a couple of quality mids in the 20's, would you not be happy for the teams structure?
When's the last time a pick 1 alone made the difference to the team as a whole? Riewoldt maybe?

Again, maybe your recruiters know something they don't wish to convey to all and sundry. I'm confident they actually do.

What if Jack Steven bails at the end of 2015?

If this happens, I personally would prefer to ignore Free Agents & use the compo pick for Jack to trade for Shiel/Treloar/WHE/Cameron, and hit up a free agency at the end of 2016

Add Petracca/McCartin this year.... Parish/Matheison & Cameron/Shiel/Treloar/Smith/WHE next year.... So much yes!

I'd like us to utilise free agency for 'needs' (Lake, Rivers, Dal Santo) rather than for 'franchise poster boys' (Goddard, Franklin)....

Huh - so we wont spend big money on a forward but want to spend 800k a year on Dangerfield?

We wont be going near Dangerfield - 600 for Sheil or Treloar maybe

I would grab Dangerfield in a heartbeat.

If this happens, I personally would prefer to ignore Free Agents & use the compo pick for Jack to trade for Shiel/Treloar/WHE/Cameron, and hit up a free agency at the end of 2016

I'd like us to utilise free agency for 'needs' (Lake, Rivers, Dal Santo) rather than for 'franchise poster boys' (Goddard, Franklin)....
I'd keep it and have pick one and two.

Great point - Stevens likely to bail at the ned of next season.

Maybe McCartin can play in the mids 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back