Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy with

Stanley for 21

Then

1 & 22 for 4, 7 and 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
as someone said to me before....7 & 19 are mutually exclusive...19 goes to Carlton to get 7

I understand the structural component for Stanley, but we're not exactly fighting for a flag right now. Otherwise, I don't understand the love for Stanley. I think he'll still be off and on for his career. Surprised if we actually could manage pick 21. I bet most Cats supporters would be aghast.

I would definitely like something more than 4 and 7 for 1 though.
We're not, but when we are hoping to be Rhys will be right in the butter zone age wise if he turns out to be a good player.

I'm baffled when quite a few of us are so willing to trade Stanley. A midfielder like Armo is far easier to replace than a player like Rhys. We all seem to have short memories regarding his development.

Yes, he's been around for a couple of years, hasn't showed as much as a lot of us probably like. However, there are some pretty big reasons why he hasn't:

• Watters chucking him down at FB for a season.
  • Hamstring/Injury Concerns early on.
  • Being drafted as a legitimate beanpole.
  • His first season of continuity was in 2013, at FULLBACK.
  • Second season of continuity was in 2014, at FWD/RUCK (which is clearly his best position).
  • Plays with one of the most dominant CHFs of the modern era, who sucks the ball like a bloody black hole (not that i mind :p)
  • We can't even hit a target, I would've seen it about 50 times this season where Rhys had 2m of separation on his opponent but he'd kick it 2m over him, or 5m in front.
  • We've enjoyed a long period of having good key forwards, Roo, G-Train, and even Kosi in his prime, who were all above average at the very least.
There's still plenty of room for him to grow, I will be sick in the stomach when invariably he starts to hit his straps down at Kardinia Park. I've changed my mind, I don't want us to part with him unless we get pick 14 in a straight swap, we've put bloody 5 years into a tall skinny bloke from country SA, we'd need significant returns on our investment IMO.

This is an interesting stat. Very interesting:

He was also ranked 5th or 6th in the comp for marks per game for those who played mostly forward in 2014, ahead of the likes of Buddy, Pav, J Riewoldt, Kennedy, Petrie, Taylor Walker, Tom Lynch, etc.
And he is only 23... Imagine how good he will be in a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

header.jpg

Stanley for pick 21
Armo + pick 41 for pick 12
Steven & pick 12 for picks 2 & 3

Go into the draft with picks 1, 2, 3, 21, 22 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Not liking these developments at all.. Stanley finally getting his body right and starting to show some of the talent he has, and we want to offload him for another speculative pick in the 20's.. Guys his size and pace don't grow on trees, so I'm not surprised a few other clubs would be very interested in him.. On top of all that, if we trade pick #1 for 4 & 7 and take Wright at 4, which now looks likely, it will be my worst nightmare.. Looks like we are after quantity rather than quality this year..

Another hypothetical, let's say we trade 1 to GWS for 4 & 7, Armo to Tigers for 12, Stanley to Cats for 21, 60 to Swans for Membrey, & there's also a rumour that we may get O'Shea for 41 to help get the Ryder deal over the line.
That would give us 4, 7, 12, 21, 22 + Membrey & O'Shea.

I have to say, if this happens, that would be pretty damn impressive!

Also, on top of this, if our draft looked like this
4. Peter Wright (to replace Stanley, also hearing we may get Taylor Hunt as part of this deal if it happens)
7. Lachie Weller
12. Nakia Cockatoo
21. Tom Lamb
22. Corey Ellis

That would be super impressive!

With everything going on just up the road, maybe they could merge & become the Western Bombers. Probably as a merger they should just about scrape a team together. :D

still no forward line though

posted 10 minutes ago on SS

jaxons said:
We are likely to give them also a lower pick we won't use to sweeten the deal.
Stanley played 2 good games in 2014.
Was playing at Sandringham mid year.
Unlikely to trade pick #1, so we will enter the draft period with picks #1,21,22 and 41.

The Stanley deal would have to equal or exceed the McEvoy deal we did with the Hawks. A player and two first round picks.

lol... cant be serious. Hes got that potential word but Im not convinced he will become anything of value.

Pick 21 and hunt for Stanley and 41. take that and run....
22 and 60 for O'shea and 37.
37 for Membrey and 39.
1 for 4 and (6-7)

leaves us with 4,(6,7),21, 39 hunt O'shea membrey.
then you could entertain the armitage trade for 12-15 range. Tigers, Frem, GC...

Guys that would have to make way sippos, schneids, simpkin all in trouble if deals go through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back