List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd you feel when we traded Ben? Rhys has shown even less
We got Savage and a first rounder for Ben - AND had Hickey ready to step in, and it allowed us to get longer

Stanley is no world beater, but he is improving. Work rate improved this year, contested marking and set shots from 50 were a feature

You don't put 5 years into a KPPl, start to see reward and then bail.

On the other hand - when Longer and Hickey are up and running, we don't need a ruck/fwd like Rhys.

So long as there are plans in the works to cover the loss, I'm fine with it. But I'm a fan of him

and the bloody cats will end up making him a star knowing their luck

Don't understand the Boyd as a Stanley replacement talk. If Boyd was a forward/ruck he'd fit in perfectly with Patton and Cameron and they wouldn't trade him, but he isn't. Would make about as much sense as throwing Hawkins in the ruck.

How about picks 1 to GWS for 4, 7 and a player
then Armo to Richmond pick 12.
Then Stanley to Cats pick 22.

Gives us picks 4, 7,12, 21,22. Fast tracks our re build.

All it does if give you more chances at finding good players

No guarantees.

I'd rather a known quantity than an unknown one

Brian_Speaking and jaxons have both indicated Petracca.

You have different information?
No, Jaxons said, "If you want to burn your memberships wait for Petracca" or something like that. That tells me, you're all expecting us to take Petracca, well we're going to take McCartin. Which is part of the justification for getting rid of Rhys.

Starting to doubt. I want to believe...

Jaxons
Sorry if you read that incorrectly.
I meant the acquisition of Pettracca will have you rethinking the comment about cancelling memberships.
Pettracca is a gun, and barring some last minute madness, he will be a Saint.
The only way we will trade pick #1 is if the Griffen deal falls over and GWS give us #4 & #7, otherwise we will be keeping #1.
Ah right. That's clearer.

No, Jaxons said, "If you want to burn your memberships wait for Petracca" or something like that. That tells me, you're all expecting us to take Petracca, well we're going to take McCartin. Which is part of the justification for getting rid of Rhys.

Starting to doubt. I want to believe...
Check my quote back a page

Like Stanley a lot, but on the flip side, how long do we wait for there to be more than flashes of ability from him, from some genuine consistency?

I hope he stays, but Pick 21 for an inconsistent former Pick 47 isn't a terrible deal...

I don't see a pick 21 offering more potential than Stanley.

no for me, and I was definitely in the yes camp on McEvoy. Rhys is the slight framed ruckmen type who come good from 23, McEvoy was not.

i have 0 inofrmation on it, just think if we trade rhys out then either its boyd for 1 +21/22 or McCartin at 1, i was a mccartin fan the whole year until i got brainwashed by all of you and converted into a petracca fan.

yeah well it certainly is a possibility.

I am thinking they are playing the long game here.

We have Longer, Hickey, Holmes, and Pierce.

All are young except Holmes who by all account have come on much quicker than thought.

Maybe the powers are looking at Longer and Hickey medium term as Pierce and possibly Holmes learn their craft for the next couple of years.

I am filly expecting Petracca id we keep #1 but you never ever know.

Who knew we were up for trading mac last year?

jaxons has a very good track record (see below). Stanley gone IMO.

Now there is a guy with real information, that doesn't post every single option and simply point to the one that is eventually correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, after 930 pages of speculation on trades, all we do is trade Stanley for #21.

Wow.

Well, this trade period lived up to the hype, didn't it? :rolleyes:

The top 25 all have more potential than Rhys does. Potential is a bad word, I would look at the top 25 and say they have more talent than Rhys' talent.

I'm still convinced we get 4 and 7, but none of us know.
Fingers crossed! 4, 7 and two early second rounders would be a massive win.

With Hickey's knee issue this is a silly trade IMO. At the very least we should be asking for 14 not trying to sweeten the deal for Geelong.

So, after 930 pages of speculation on trades, all we do is trade Stanley for #21.

Wow.

Well, this trade period lived up to the hype, didn't it? :rolleyes:
to be fair it is trade and draft talk + 250pages on mj23rm talk..

Can we trade our way to getting 'Jaxons' on this forum?
Nah, if he came here people would just shit can him for making correct predictions......
BTW, where are those negative people who only ever bag Brian and contribute nothing of any substance to the board?
I'm speaking in the third person because, shock horror, Brian is not my real name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back