List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious?

Burning memberships over Stanley? Really?

A board spill over a trade? Really?

Things are getting very emotional and not very logical on this board.

Fine burn your membership. I'll PM you with Petracca's and Billings, and Acres, and Dunstans progress.

crock
It's the principal of moving on favourite sons for an ideology. Stanley will go on at Geelong and become a good player, if we sell Stanley and that pick spends 4 years developing to be not as good as Stanley we have majorly lost out and ripped at the fabric of a united loyal team. I'm saying if we don't see some of our kids getting moving next year we will see a situation like at the Dogs where people want blood. We have shipped out plenty and we will need to see evidence of reason for it. I'm probably not really going anywhere but still makes me shitty. Rhys is a good kid with huge scope and a good clubman.

It's the principal of moving on favourite sons for an ideology. Stanley will go on at Geelong and become a good player, if we sell Stanley and that pick spends 4 years developing to be not as good as Stanley we have majorly lost out and ripped at the fabric of a united loyal team. I'm saying if we don't see some of our kids getting moving next year we will see a situation like at the Dogs where people want blood. We have shipped out plenty and we will need to see evidence of reason for it. I'm probably not really going anywhere but still makes me shitty. Rhys is a good kid with huge scope and a good clubman.
how the hell is stanley a favourite son, half the supporters hate him and is the teams whipping boy

Personally I am amazed that some on here are saying they were fine wit the Mac trade last year.

From what I remember the Saints were roundly critisised for the trade.

Not only that Mac is now a PREMIERSHIP RUCKMAN.

But people are happier with that trade than one where we stick to our drafting strategy and we lose an underperforming forward who was a mid #50's pick?

Wow - revisionism in progress here.

Come on Joffa, that's been knocked on the head a number of times, here's 4 examples at random, notwithstanding that where they were drafted is completely irrelevant. Rockliff v Watts etc As an accountant you should be reasonably versed in the sunk cost fallacy.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...da-players-only.996592/page-238#post-29700101

August 19th 2013

Ben McEvoy played his third poor game in a row. McEvoy is not physically capable of ever developing into a first class ruckman. I hope the club now gives Hickey the chance to develop into our No.1 Ruck. If we can convert McEvoy into a decent mid (through a pick or straight swap) this trade period then I hope we pull the trigger. We need to be ruthless and able to make tough decisions in the best interests of the club.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...da-players-only.996592/page-240#post-29709443

hit out differential this year

West Coast 220
North Melbourne 171
Carlton 114
Western Bulldogs 102
Sydney 97
Essendon 80
Hawthorn 78
Melbourne 3
Adelaide -11
Geelong -16
Greater Western Sydney -43
Brisbane Lions -74
Port Adelaide -86
Fremantle -102
Collingwood -102
Richmond -120
St Kilda -152
Gold Coast -159

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...da-players-only.996592/page-240#post-29709647

For mine, we should use two late picks on Hamish Shepheard and Adam Cockie. And we should offload McEvoy NOW - right flipping now.

McEvoy is like Kosi was about five years ago - he's in the year after the best he's ever had, and probably will ever have. We are either going to be taking the risk that he'll stop the decline and get better, or we admit defeat, and try to get what we can for him. With his inflated value to GWS as a ruckman and leader, give him to them for a good pick.

August 18th 2013

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/st-kilda-v-swans-r21-2013.1026263/page-4#post-29700438

Hickey and Stanley looks our optimum combination going forward.

McEvoy for pick 10 ?

I'm fine with trading out Stanley, this draft runs fairly deep and Stanley has that invisibiltity disease for 3/4s of the game.

Who would we expect with 1, 21, 22?

It's the principal of moving on favourite sons for an ideology.

The favourite son is a South Australian

Stanley will go on at Geelong and become a good player

maybe

if we sell Stanley and that pick spends 4 years developing to be not as good as Stanley we have majorly lost out and ripped at the fabric of a united loyal team.

And if the kid is like Dunstan? Did trading Mac "rip the fabric of a united loyal team?"

I'm saying if we don't see some of our kids getting moving next year we will see a situation like at the Dogs where people want blood.

Why? Players move all the time? As well as that 19 were just signed? Who cares if a few nuffies want blood. I think it was worse last season with Mac.

We have shipped out plenty and we will need to see evidence of reason for it.

You really don't see a reason for it? You haven't read about our trading late last decade? You didn't read the rationale for getting in as many first rounders as possible/ We dotn have Longer, Hickey, Holmes, Pierce?

I'm probably not really going anywhere but still makes me shitty. Rhys is a good kid with huge scope and a good clubman.

Could care less how good Stanley is. My club and its direction is more important than some player. I lived through Plugger leaving, through bj, and Dal, and Mac.

Wont lose sleep about Stanley going.

A calculated and very rational risk in my opinion.

lol that's one of the more humorous things I've read today.

Stanley is a favourite son?

He might be his mothers favourite son if he is the only boy. However, he certainly isn't for St Kilda.

You are correct and Stanley has not effectively done it either.

Well I think he did this year. He had precious little opportunities though as our midfield is shit and whenever they did get a kick they kicked it to roo. Also keep in mind this is Stanley's first full season playing in his position.

Personally I am amazed that some on here are saying they were fine wit the Mac trade last year.

From what I remember the Saints were roundly critisised for the trade.
We were heavily criticised, but most of us on here were very happy with the deal, especially if it involved the upgrade of pick 25 to 19 that came once Hawthorn got the Buddy compo later in the trade period. We had been discussing the potential of trading Mac on here for a couple of months at least and plenty of us were all for it, especially by the time the trade occurred.

Well I think he did this year. He had precious little opportunities though as our midfield is shit and whenever they did get a kick they kicked it to roo. Also keep in mind this is Stanley's first full season playing in his position.

Fair enough, hope he goes well at Geelong, no animosity towards Rhys

Lenny is a favourite son.

Roo is a favourite son.

Hell even Milney is a favourite son albeit the naughty step son who is always asking for cash for lawyers.

Rhys is our distant cousin from SA that has a relationship with his horses that makes us just a little uncomfortable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30jk11h.png

Too soon?

Last edited:
What I want is for the Saints to have a list that will develop and start moving up the ladder.

If that means moving on players with currency - so be it.

We were stone motherless last this season, and be a pretty big margin.

hanging on to the status quo is not the way to do it.

Good point.
Could only really tell what Stanley is capable of if we moved Roo out from FF.
Our whole team fell into the "kick it to Roo" mentality last year.
Need to get 6 player focus down fwd and kick it to the one in the best position to receive.
Can't blame Stanley for presenting and then people kicking it to Roo one out against 2 or 3 opposition.

More people were all for the McEvoy trade because we knew exactly what sort of player he was, and that he had reached his potential. His strengths and weaknesses were obvious, at least to us saints fans, who had actually paid attention to his development.

Stanley is still mostly potential at this stage. Potential to be a genuine ruck/forward or just a GOP. There's still risk that he'll go to Geelong and go on to improve greatly on the year he had this year, where he was on the cusp of breaking out.

I'm coming around to the trade though, but it will hurt if Stanley goes on to realise his potential elsewhere after all the years of development we put into him.

Nah, if he came here people would just shit can him for making correct predictions......
BTW, where are those negative people who only ever bag Brian and contribute nothing of any substance to the board?
I'm speaking in the third person because, shock horror, Brian is not my real name!
:eek:.

WTF is this hysteria about trading Stanley? We are talking about a guy who has played literally ONE good game of AFL footy in 6 years. If we get offered pick 21 straight I would take it and run. If you asked neutral fans the majority would say we've done well to get that for him.

I find this a bizarre trade to be honest... Geelong have Vardy already, are adding Mitch Clark & now want Stanley too?
A ruck/fwd is the last thing they need, but he's our only one.
Would rather we trade out a first ruck than our only ruck/fwd.
Does this mean we are confident of getting Wright?

I find this a bizarre trade to be honest... Geelong have Vardy already, are adding Mitch Clark & now want Stanley too?
A ruck/fwd is the last thing they need, but he's our only one.
Would rather we trade out a first ruck than our only ruck/fwd.
as i said, i have no idea why they arnt chasing hickey over stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back