List Mgmt. 2015 general list discussion and speculation - PLEASE START NEW THREAD ON BREAKING NEWS

How did you rate Geelong's trade and free agency period?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow all this talk of Robinson is ridiculous. It's not that he is an idiot off the field, the main reason he will not be at cat land next year is because he is an AWFUL player.

Constantly turns it over with dumb decisions, shocking skills and goes missing. He's hard, but an absolute dud. My Carlton supporters mates do not rate him at all.

Ridiculous how some supporters here want him, obviously don't watch Carlton games.

The players I think we should target (that are rumoured to leave) are:

Frawley: most dire position in next 5 yrs is fb and frawley is quality and one of the best (his 2014 is not the player he truly is)

Jacksh: quality swing man, worth a late first rounder. Would prb keep him forward, given we will have kolo, Taylor and hopefully frawley for next few yrs

Frost: if we fail to lure frawley, go for this guy.

Carlisle: kitchen sink

And one from left field, lumumba at the right price (2nd rounder plus brown/hunt) would be good for us. The guy is a bit of a fruit loop but he's a damaging half back and would make our team better. Only 27.

Lastly, id like Geelong to go a bit more aggressive this year and try to get an extra early pick. I would consider trading horlin-smith and our first to the dees for pick 2. As good as horlin smith is, I see him as the most expendable that carries value. Only other young player id trade to get pick 2 is murdoch. I would not trade any of the other younger guns.

This post wasn't too bad until you got to the last two paragraphs. Then it just went insane.

Frawley is definitely going to be in the hoops next season.
Reliable source has confirmed.

You may have to excuse some of us for being just a little bit skeptical.
BigFooty is the place for claims of reliable sources that for the most part prove unreliable, especially at the end of the season.

You may have to excuse some of us for being just a little bit skeptical.
BigFooty is the place for claims of reliable sources that for the most part prove unreliable, especially at the end of the season.
but then the swans have mitchell on 400k doing jack

Surely we can break Hmacs contract early?

Everyone has been holding their tongue for years but the guy doesn't try and isn't phased at the concept of getting tackled down every time he has possession. Has no heart, sucks energy and needs to go. After everything the club has done for him as well. Even if he was good enough that passenger mentality should be enough of a reason anyway it'll never get us anywhere.

Has he given his all even once this year? I remember him getting one good goal in March and obviously he must've hung up the boots and felt he's done his part for the entire year :S

I'd rather we just get a few kids in the draft, a cheap ruck and prepare for a big cleanout in 2015.

Too many guys on the list not getting a decent run cos of all the oldies in the team and poor management.

I don't see us anywhere near the top 4 teams (including port) as far as lists go and the likes of GC and GWS will pass us by in a few years.

We have too many big holes in our list to be topping up with free agents and B grade discards.

Best to do very little trading/bringing in free agents and see what happens next year.

At the end of 2015 we could lose somewhere near 10 players (assuming most of the oldies don't retire this year + Simpson/Vardy/Menzel/Cowan could all be done next year also)

Not surprisingly , one loss in a final and several un tradable players could easily be traded.

So in the theme of throwing the baby out with the bathwater....

What does Melb want for their P2 and P3. If we could get hold of one it would certainly be unusual to pick from that end of the draft. Who we would pick is debatable , we could make a case for any of the probably top 5 -10 kids.

Danger. Right now Varcoe would have more value than anytime in the last two years. GHS shows something but I see a few deficiencies as well. Murdoch is probably a tempting trade bait type . Quick and kicks a goal occasionally. Id be willing to talk about all these as part of a deal

Frawley. As much as I have been totally for him , I have one concern. Pace. Our backline has he smell of Grace mckeller , and while I was happy at the start of the year , I feel Kelly is just to slow now for the backline , and even Enright is lacking the pace we need.

Ruck. I know there has been some debate on here about who we should go for. Minson was a FA only recently , I would not now give up a R1 pick for him. Do we get serious this year or wait another for FA's? I feel we made a huge error not having an extra ruck on our list last year , this must be fixed.

I think most of us rate the kid we have in the VFL , maybe its time to just absorb the cost of giving them games. This would mean our older players get far less time next year...would they stay if they given the "Chappy Option". I know FredLeDeux think I have it in for Hmac but I feel its almost the total opposite to the success we have had with Ottens. If they can get hold of a replacement( and I dont think it would be hard to get someone to match or better his output) they must now come to an agreement and release him a year early or be told he will be playing VFL , playing the likes of Port Melb and Footscray for the year

Last edited:
Surely we can break Hmacs contract early?

Everyone has been holding their tongue for years but the guy doesn't try and isn't phased at the concept of getting tackled down every time he has possession. Has no heart, sucks energy and needs to go. After everything the club has done for him as well. Even if he was good enough that passenger mentality should be enough of a reason anyway it'll never get us anywhere.

Has he given his all even once this year? I remember him getting one good goal in March and obviously he must've hung up the boots and felt he's done his part for the entire year :S

Only concern is what do we do next if there is no McIntosh in 2015?
It appears Dawson Simpson is very much on the ropes in regards to his future as his quality of life needs to be first and foremost, and the spine/back isn't holding up at AFL level.
We can't count Simpson in for the future given his track record of injuries to date.

So that would leave us with Vardy (hip/knee issues), Blicavs and Walker. All three are undersized and inexperienced as rucks given they have spent most of their junior footy playing in a different position.

It appears Dawson Simpson is very much on the ropes in regards to his future as his quality of life needs to be first and foremost, and the spine/back isn't holding up at AFL level.
We can't count Simpson in for the future given his track record of injuries to date.

So that would leave us with Vardy (hip/knee issues), Blicavs and Walker. All three are undersized and inexperienced as rucks given they have spent most of their junior footy playing in a different position.
The 2 ruck men I have heard rumor of or have been reported are patty Ryder and Matthew cruiser.

The 2 ruck men I have heard rumor of or have been reported are patty Ryder and Matthew cruiser.

Kreuzer has knee concerns doesn't he?
He's yet to fulfill his potential but that could be the body holding him back. Risky but then again, Ottens had back issues (was it back?) when he first came to Geelong and he turned out to be quite a handy ruckman.

Ryder would be unreal, doubt we'd snag him but he's a freak of the highest order that bloke.

but then the swans have mitchell on 400k doing jack

And just what does that have to do with the reliability of the claim that Frawley is a certain starter at Geelong next year?

Yes Kreuzer, he could sit in the stands and keep Menzel, Cowan and Vardy company.

macintosh is gone every teamwill run off him
he has no aerobic capacity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we don't see Smedts, Stringer, Hunt, McIntosh, Sherringham at the club next year.

Wouldn't mind trying to get Aaron Young from Port Adelaide, Jacksch or Frost from GWS, maybe a ruckman from the Suns..

Jarrad Waite

Get 2/3 years out of him while Vardy develops (if he gets back out there). A genuine extra goal kicking threat to compliment Hawkins and give the aging brigade one last shot at a flag before the youth on our list is cherry ripe. Why not

We are not going to boot mcintosh when we are thin for rucks as it is.

Next year will be his last,we need to get a value ruck who is 3rd in line at his current club with potential.

I think hunt and brown will be traded, cowan to rookie (takes sheringhams spot), schroder and stringer go.
I wouldnt rule out smedts being traded if we get a decent offer but he probably stays.hamling is someone who might get trade interest.

If we clear six spots i would get frawley, trade our 2nd rounder or a pick swap for a ruck,elevate blitz.we will probably get 3rd rounders for hunt and brown so use a first and 2 3rds at the draft.

I said it before but I wouldn't be opposed to us trying to get Garlett from the Blues, he has had a shit year and must have some issues off field but out of Melbourne and away from that half wit Robinson I think he would he good at the Cattery...
And would be dirt cheap

I said it before but I wouldn't be opposed to us trying to get Garlett from the Blues, he has had a shit year and must have some issues off field but out of Melbourne and away from that half wit Robinson I think he would he good at the Cattery...
And would be dirt cheap
I was about to post that myself. Given that we've almost built a game style around getting the ball to Motlop, another speedster like Garlett would come in handy. He's not a great contested player but not everyone can be that way. I think we're crying out for another nippy goal kicker since we seem to have consigned TV to the backline, and our other small/mediums are not super quick.

I was about to post that myself. Given that we've almost built a game style around getting the ball to Motlop, another speedster like Garlett would come in handy. He's not a great contested player but not everyone can be that way. I think we're crying out for another nippy goal kicker since we seem to have consigned TV to the backline, and our other small/mediums are not super quick.
And Garlett is super quick. And he's reasonably clean and him hitting the feet of Hawk would work very well.
And yes we want Linc to do that.. but our small forwards like so many areas we struggle in are injury prone... plus I feel that when he gets fully fit (as in lasts a full year) and settles in the team Linc will push into rotating into the middle

And Garlett is super quick. And he's reasonably clean and him hitting the feet of Hawk would work very well.
And yes we want Linc to do that.. but our small forwards like so many areas we struggle in are injury prone... plus I feel that when he gets fully fit (as in lasts a full year) and settles in the team Linc will push into rotating into the middle
Yep Burbs was earmarked for a small forward role also and he's struggled with the jaw & the hammys. I wonder what his future is. I understand the Garlett has had some personal issues but I've been surprised Malthouse hasn't showed a little more faith in keeping him in the senior team, there's probably more to it & I'm sure they're doing what they think is best for him. But I rate him, seems like the kind of guy that you need to pump up a bit and give him security in a role. Looks a pretty simple role at the Cats for the super quick guys, run fast with the ball towards goal, and chase hard in our 50.

Who needs trolls from other boards when we have manboob to do the job on his own.

In the 'have your say' thread manboob says,

"I am super respectful on other boards. Yet other pricks can come in slag our players off and get not so much as a warning. Call a Geelong player a spud or a flog and you're from another board. Get a holiday IMO."

Perhaps you should stick to other boards.

and here you are again slagging off our supporters :thumbsdown:

From that team last night we have Bundy, Vardy and maybe Menzel* to come back in. Bundy and Vardy should improve us heaps on last night and Menzel is an x factor, its been said a million times but if the kid can get his body right, who knows but if the small teasing glimpses are anything to go by, he will improve our forward line.

What we need to go after activley is a ruck/forward (someone like Ryder, Kruzer) as our rucks are combative in the middle but don't offer anything else really, especially compared to what Hale has done to us in the past. A proper ruck/forward would also act as back up to Vardy/Kresten. If a suitable Ruck/Forward isn't available then another key back to play down there and to release Taylor to CHF potentialy..

Our young mids (Guthrie, H-S, Caddy and Motlop) will be better after another preseason, hopefully some development out of Kresten/Simpson to help with depth.

In all we are still building, this team isn't meant to win the flag this year but to develop and challenge for the next couple.

If we can't get what we need for other clubs, this years draft is good for talls, so I have faith in Wells to pick what we need.

However, wouldn't complain if we went after Danger or the likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back