List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly suspect we've delisted Saad because he has been offered an opportunity elsewhere and we want to give him a chance. He doesn't want to sit on the rookie list for another year behind Lonie and Co. He'll get a gig somewhere, I'm sure.
Not sure what the deal is there. I was told on the night of Sandy's first final this year that he was going to get delisted, so I reckon if we knew at that time that another club was going to do that we would have just delisted him a few weeks ago and someone would have picked him up by now. It's a bit strange that it's taken this long for the club to pull the trigger.

Really hope another club does pick him up though, as he showed in his first year with us that he can play, especially in a team that's competitive most weeks.

@RealFooty1: Sydney have delisted Harry Marsh, Lloyd Perris and Sean McLaren. They will endeavour to re-draft Marsh as a rookie.

@SMHsport

McLaren please and thankyou.

Could play forward, ruck or KPD. Id take him as a DFA but he is worth pur first rookie pick at the absolute worst.

VFL midfield next year - Minch, Acres, Murdoch, Templeton, Curren, Wright?

Hopefully Acres is spending only a few games there.

Ray's delisting means Acres & McKenzie should each play a dozen or more AFL games.

the prelim final in the dying stages when saad failed to hit a target under no pressure and may of cost sandi a win, did not look good. and I think summed up his football future, some have it and some don't.

Felt like a defining moment didnt it? Had the forward 50 to himself with the ball spinning at his feet and managed to fumble, put himself under pressure and then miss a fairly straight forward lateral pass.

I hope he lands somewhere though. He busted his arse for 18 months to get back when he could have dropped his head and hated the world.

Carlton were keen yeah? They need goal kickers too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it was Saunders, not TC. Had to be one of those two. Really like this move, as after his last game for us, when he had about 2 possessions, I think Josh's papers would have been stamped, so this allows us to grab someone who might have a future with us in the spot he vacates.

Likely to grab a "project player" in the draft I believe.

Yet he had a few games where he had more than 10 CONTESTED possessions. Disappointing he didn't develop from there.

2012 Saad was godly

That year off shattered him

So were 2012 Tom Lee and late 2011 Arryn Siposs. Not everyone gets better under a new coach ;) That said im very happy with where our list and development are.

We have a few DFA options to fill that spot left by Saunders if we dont want to use pick 60 -

Jarred Grant as a tall wing/hff. Neat skills and top end endurance but is he aggressive enough for Richo?

Mason Shaw as ruck/forward. Was talked up in his draft year but couldnt get a game at Port. Not sure what his issues are...

Sam Grimley as a forward/ruck. Played very well in the VFL the last 2 years but was well down the order at the Hawks.

Matthew Stokes. Could be a short term option to help with that outside run and carry that we lack. Would play the Schneider role.

Jacob Ballard. Inside mid. Ave 26 touches a game in the WAFL and has developed what I call the BFH - Big Footy Hype - as seemingly every clubs supporters rate him.

Elliott Kavanagh. Inside/outside mid. Is basically a like for like with Saunders but seems to be a better user of the ball as he plays a more outside game. Has some wheels too from reports.

Matthew Watson. Has played KPD and KPF and peformed ok...ish. Is a great mark and has a monster 65m kick on him but moves like he is running in tar.

Jed Adcock. Like Stokes he would fill a senior role in the side. Can play forward or back, finds his share of the ball and uses it well. Has lost a yard or two of pace though.

Matthew Wright. I was suprised he got cut and id be all for picking him up. 26 year old HFF/Wing. Had a poor year by his standards but is capable of getting plenty of the ball and delivering it into the forward half.

Last edited:
Godly? Seriously.

The guy had a few tricks but nowhere near enough. Was found out after half a dozen good games.

Also, Lonie's great games means we didn't need Saad even for depth.

Seriously, Lonie is a star. I looked at the replays of the Melbourne game... And his kicking and pressure is unbelievable for a 1st year player. He will feature heavily in the next b&f.

Pity we didn't jag that pick 44 in the Carlisle trade. Could have come in very handy once that ended up around pick 35.

Club is expecting Rice to be bid on around 30 I believe.

If Rice gets a bid at 30 then we'll have enough points even without factoring in the removal of a bunch of picks.

30 = 432 points after discount
45+68 = 406 points.

Even if those picks only get bumped up by 5 picks (a conservative estimate) then they are worth 541 points in total with 45 (now 40) being worth 429 points. As such we'll probably keep our 4th in the draft and it could easily end up being around pick 58 instead of 68.

Big fan of Ray personally, hopefully gets through to us as a rookie.

A bit disappointed, but everybody's time comes and hopefully he can do a Schneider.

Saunders I wish the best to and say thank you for representing st kilda.

Saad should ideally get another go somewhere, although I suspect he's one of those players too good for state league and not good enough for afl. Would make it at some teams, but those teams are likely going to be focused on youth.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

We wont be getting any sort of draft pick compensation for the Carlisle deal.

Not this year....

But let's hit city hall up next year for a PP- argue that we have been disadvantaged by factors beyond our control and as such we lost our pick 5 in unfair circumstances. Just give us a PP next year in a stronger draft and we will be kind enough to let it all slide! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back