List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Stevo7AFL: Bailey Rice met agent Mark Kleiman in Carlton FC cafe Wednesday. Seemed a strange place given StK commitment. Blues not fried re Rice yet?

@Stevo7AFL: Bailey Rice met agent Mark Kleiman in Carlton FC cafe Wednesday. Seemed a strange place given StK commitment. Blues not fried re Rice yet?
Stevo's a damn pest.

He's nominated us. Done. Over.

So 2016 delistings................

Fisher - figure this is the swan song
Lee - due to wanting to go this year and no opportunities likely with Dempster and Fisher still on the list this year.
Curren - 23 and overtaken by younger
Shenton - 25 and overtaken by younger
Saunders off rookie list

Doubt that will be enough unless we trade out a couple so Minch, Murdoch and Wright will be under pressure, Eli too unless he improves on last year

Need to convince Dempster, Montagna and Roo to go again. Chances are Dempster and Roo will go at the end of 2017 though which is when we'll probably start cutting into guys that we currently still have high hopes for and who they'll be is anyone's guess.

I think we'll overpay if necessary just for the PR and the long suffering fans with no F/S
It's an odd dynamic though isn't it. The team bidding outside of the 1st round knows full well there's no point so will they bother, the previous system there was less certainty and less transparency so less of an issue for the bidding team

Source was probably Gillo though. He's trying to get over the disappointment somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton are probably just doing their due diligence in case we don't match the bid, which I believe we will even if it's a bit more than we were hoping.
Agreed and I reckon we would be fully supporting that. Makes it easier for us to pass on him if he goes earlier than we wanted to pay for him.

Carlton are probably just doing their due diligence in case we don't match the bid, which I believe we will even if it's a bit more than we were hoping.

Saints have more currency to match any bid after our #19 and I doubt we'd use #19 to take him anyway but stranger things have happened. Given any points deficit in that scenario would apply to the second round next year, Saints will match things every time.

Maybe Bailey likes the coffee there, maybe it was a convenient meeting place. It is open to the public.

Seems like a beat up. He nominated the Saints, he's not having second thoughts.

Saints have more currency to match any bid after our #19 and I doubt we'd use #19 to take him anyway but stranger things have happened. Given any points deficit in that scenario would apply to the second round next year, Saints will match things every time.
I wonder how that works now that we've traded our 2016 2nd rounder?

I wonder how that works now that we've traded our 2016 2nd rounder?

Good point. Would they take your 3rd or take it out of the more valuable first. Maybe you have to trade back into the 2nd round?

So were 2012 Tom Lee and late 2011 Arryn Siposs. Not everyone gets better under a new coach ;) That said im very happy with where our list and development are.

We have a few DFA options to fill that spot left by Saunders if we dont want to use pick 60 -

Matthew Stokes. Could be a short term option to help with that outside run and carry that we lack. Would play the Schneider role.
Matthew Stokes is not to be allowed anywhere within 20Km of Jake Carlisle

Seriously what are you hoping to achieve with some of these idea's? Might as well keep Farren Ray.

I think we'll overpay if necessary just for the PR and the long suffering fans with no F/S

I've seen people suggesting he's worthy of a second round draft pick.
But then we have the wishful thinkers here that think no-one will bid on him until 3rd or 4th round.

So 2016 delistings................

Fisher - figure this is the swan song
Lee - due to wanting to go this year and no opportunities likely with Dempster and Fisher still on the list this year.
Curren - 23 and overtaken by younger
Shenton - 25 and overtaken by younger
Saunders off rookie list

Doubt that will be enough unless we trade out a couple so Minch, Murdoch and Wright will be under pressure, Eli too unless he improves on last year

Need to convince Dempster, Montagna and Roo to go again. Chances are Dempster and Roo will go at the end of 2017 though which is when we'll probably start cutting into guys that we currently still have high hopes for and who they'll be is anyone's guess.

Murdoch will need to do ..... something.
So far Lee, Curren, Shenton , and Saunders have shown more than Murdoch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back