List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get why Carlisle is worth 2 2nd round picks when Ryder was just pick 17?
Especially now that it seems more likely that he will miss some football. 2nd rounder or nothing imo, maybe a fringe as steak knives.

absolutely bang on. he's had injury and form issues too hasnt he

hickey straight swap for carlisle is probably closer to a fair trade, with nothing else changing hands

Id be ok with the following -

2015 2nd and 2016 2nd
for
Carlisle and 2016 3rd

Even with the 2 year banhammer from WADA it means that Carlisle would be back for 2018 having just turned 26.

He could still train individually and there is nothing stopping him having lunch/dinner with players and coaches 3 times a week.

So he misses on a couple hours of skills training. As long as he can still talk to the team, understand the gameplan etc then he just needs to blow out the cobwebs.

Its long term planning at it's finest and it IS a gamble, but if it comes off we will have a spine that will be the envy of the comp right at the time we plan to challenge.

Our first should be off limits, but this... this I would be ok with.

2016 2nd round will be very very good

absolutely bang on. he's had injury and form issues too hasnt he

hickey straight swap for carlisle is probably closer to a fair trade, with nothing else changing hands

I wouldn't do that either. Keep Hickey until one of Holmes or pierce is provrn

i think we will go one more year of playing the minimum then use the extra 105% in 2017 & 2018

i think lynch might be the big fish target we are after

Can only use the unders % of TPP in the following year. Cant bank more than a year at a time.

therefore if for example we were at 95% in 2015 and 2016, we can only use a maximum 105% in 2017 not 2017 and 2018.

Will have to be at 100% maximum in 2018

Carlisle's best is bloody good though. Putting aside his character and WADA issues, if we can get him for not too big a price it is well worth the risk because if he performs to his potential, he could be the final piece in our back line jigsaw. No doubt the club sees it the same, hence why they are investigating getting him in. They'd be stupid not to.

There is no way I see us offering anything for Carlisle. It's PSD using a heavily front loaded contract or nothing imo. He's just not worth it any other way.

No he didn't, you're confused with the 2013 final round game... They were only a few short of full strength last year

View attachment 159759

Only glaringly obvious player missing is Sandi

Edit: Walters, Ballas, Hill are missing too

yep, got confused with the previous year.

I can't believe anyone is even contemplating any Essendon players. They will be rubbed out for 2 years once WADA has their way - and they will. I have no doubt about that. The risk is too great. So a big fat NO from me...
if they get rubbed out for 2 years, I surely will be backdated. and they might only miss a few games if any.

Hahaha Carlisle is the most overrated player in the game

His best (and it has only been as a tall backman) is very good. The problem is we haven't see it for a couple of years. Couple that with WADA and it goes without saying he is not without risk. If we can pick him up for peanuts or via the PSD it is a no-brainer though surely for a club like us in need of a KPD of his age.

His best (and it has only been as a tall backman) is very good. The problem is we haven't see it for a couple of years. Couple that with WADA and it goes without saying he is not without risk. If we can pick him up for peanuts or via the PSD it is a no-brainer though surely for a club like us in need of a KPD of his age.
It's not a no brainer because he is also a flog.

Also we don't need a mature age KPD yet, that's a fairly stupid thing to suggest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a no brainer because he is also a flog.

Also we don't need a mature age KPD yet, that's a fairly stupid thing to suggest

Plenty of flogs can play footy, ridiculous to suggest otherwise. If our club thinks they have a chance of turning him around, then I'll support it.

He's only 23. Perfect age for us for where we are at with Chips retiring soon and Dempster in a couple of years.

Plenty of flogs can play footy, ridiculous to suggest otherwise. If our club thinks they have a chance of turning him around, then I'll support it.

He's only 23. Perfect age for us for where we are at with Chips retiring soon and Dempster in a couple of years.
id rather go after a kpd when we are trying to make the climb up the ladder and put us into top4 territory

Guys, our salary cap is comfortably in the best shape of any club. We had to bring money forward from contracts to this year just to make sure we got to minimum 95% of salary cap. We also opted not to use the veterans allowance so that the money counted in our salary cap. By bringing money from future seasons to this season (and next season in some cases) it also ensures our cap is in even better shape in coming seasons.
We won't be stupid but there's not a player/s in the league that we couldn't afford in coming seasons, that's even with money being budgeted for future contracts of our young A Graders.
If a player wanted to come to us and was happy to go to PSD then we could work the books to ensure that only we could afford his contract.
Some credit must go to Pelchan but Ameet is a genius with contracts and salary caps. He has got us in a perfect position and clubs with FA in coming years are worried.

Carlton would snap him up in the PSD before us. I'm not worried about the WADA issues, it's more his reported attitude issues which concern me. Let him go to Carlton.

Can i ask why you aren't worried about the WADA issues?
Surely , given that Essendon have NOT co-operated, wada would not go easy at all if they won.

Can only use the unders % of TPP in the following year. Cant bank more than a year at a time.

therefore if for example we were at 95% in 2015 and 2016, we can only use a maximum 105% in 2017 not 2017 and 2018.

Will have to be at 100% maximum in 2018

i'd rather we use it in 2017 tbh and get a really big fish. closer to when we plays finals as well

i think we can fit carlisle in and still pay the minimum

Guys, our salary cap is comfortably in the best shape of any club. We had to bring money forward from contracts to this year just to make sure we got to minimum 95% of salary cap. We also opted not to use the veterans allowance so that the money counted in our salary cap. By bringing money from future seasons to this season (and next season in some cases) it also ensures our cap is in even better shape in coming seasons.
We won't be stupid but there's not a player/s in the league that we couldn't afford in coming seasons, that's even with money being budgeted for future contracts of our young A Graders.
If a player wanted to come to us and was happy to go to PSD then we could work the books to ensure that only we could afford his contract.
Some credit must go to Pelchan but Ameet is a genius with contracts and salary caps. He has got us in a perfect position and clubs with FA in coming years are worried.

said it at the time ameet was a perfect appointment. i'd argue he's our best appointment to date

There is no way I see us offering anything for Carlisle. It's PSD using a heavily front loaded contract or nothing imo. He's just not worth it any other way.

There's no way the club would not give up a second round pick if it came to it. Good KPD's don't grow on trees. Yes he's been out of sorts, but he's playing out of position under a coach he's not getting along with. He may miss a year, but we won't be playing finals next year.

I wouldn't be selling the farm for the bloke, but if the club let him walk because they didn't want to give up a 2nd round pick in a weak draft, I'd be a bit dirty.

i'd rather we use it in 2017 tbh and get a really big fish. closer to when we plays finals as well

i think we can fit carlisle in and still pay the minimum
I would kind of prefer a free agent to come in a year early then our push to really cement themselves in the team. Looking at Ryder at port (I know, not a free agent) I just think that having 100% team cohesion might be more beneficial.

Or whatever, what do I know?

said it at the time ameet was a perfect appointment. i'd argue he's our best appointment to date
The big worry is how long can we hold on to him for, every club and the AFL itself will be all after him

Hang on, so can we 'turn on' the vets allowance next year after having it 'off' this year? Because if we can holy shit that could leave us with a staggeringly large amount of space. I think we'd have something like 300k extra if we can. And that's on top of whatever extra space has been created by prepaying contracts and being able to use 105% of the cap.

I'd use that @300k to pay someone to be happy to go into the PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back