List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on, so can we 'turn on' the vets allowance next year after having it 'off' this year? Because if we can holy shit that could leave us with a staggeringly large amount of space. I think we'd have something like 300k extra if we can. And that's on top of whatever extra space has been created by prepaying contracts and being able to use 105% of the cap.

I'd use that @300k to pay someone to be happy to go into the PSD.

Correct. We have chosen not to use it this year just to help reach the minimum salary cap payments.

The rumours of us happy to use pick 6 on Carlisle are getting stronger.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take Carlisle but not for pick 6. This has Andrew Lovett scenario written all over it!

Ps: WE NEED MIDS
Couldn't agree more MIDS MIDS & MIDS, Treloar over Carlisle everyday of the week

The rumours of us happy to use pick 6 on Carlisle are getting stronger.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take Carlisle but not for pick 6. This has Andrew Lovett scenario written all over it!

Ps: WE NEED MIDS
Pffff just Ameet letting Carlton panic & throw something ludicrous at the cheats.

Stay clear of Carlisle. No need to throwing away top 5 picks on blokes with massive question marks.

I would kind of prefer a free agent to come in a year early then our push to really cement themselves in the team. Looking at Ryder at port (I know, not a free agent) I just think that having 100% team cohesion might be more beneficial.

Or whatever, what do I know?

2018 is first year of finals. 2020 is flag. So you have that time

Couldn't agree more MIDS MIDS & MIDS, Treloar over Carlisle everyday of the week

Fyfe over Treloar anyday.

I doubt the club would throw all their eggs into the Treloar basket when it's not likely we get him.

Yes mids are out number one priority, but there is still a massive hole in out backline. If something were to come up and it was a good deal for the club we would be stupid not to take it. It doesn't mean we are out of the hunt for midfielders.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trout and Ameet were spreading misinformation around to direct attention away from our real target. They don't even let the cleaner into the 'war room'. Why would they let this info out.
Spot on, nothing would surprise me anymore, we have the best, sneakiest list management around. I wouldn't be surprised if we just went to the draft, traded down, traded in or traded out. We knew nothing of the Membrey deal until the week before trade period, for example.

Can i ask why you aren't worried about the WADA issues?
Surely , given that Essendon have NOT co-operated, wada would not go easy at all if they won.
Even if Essendon players are proven guilty and even if they do get 2 year bans, they would probably be back-dated and/or with the provisional suspensions factored in. I don't really care if our 2nd round pick misses 2016, means nought on the field.

Fyfe over Treloar anyday.

I doubt the club would throw all their eggs into the Treloar basket when it's not likely we get him.

Yes mids are out number one priority, but there is still a massive hole in out backline. If something were to come up and it was a good deal for the club we would be stupid not to take it. It doesn't mean we are out of the hunt for midfielders.
The defensive hole isn't that much of a worry for 2016. We have a number of options as well as Chips & Shinner most likely to play on.

Quality wise for 2018 & beyond is what we will need to address...but there isn't a massive rush to do that immediately. Especially if it means trading an early pick for dubious character

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are theses rumours coming from anywhere besides Bomber fans

There's a guy on SS that started a 'Jake Carlisle' topic. Click on his username and look at his recent postings. He's been spot on regarding a few selections before they were made public and claims his source works for the club.

Anyway, his rumour is our 1st and 3rd pick for Carlisle and their 2nd.

Mature age? He's 23.

In 2018 he will be 26

2020 - 28

He's the same age as the FA's we'll be chasing in 2 years time.
we need to stay rebuilding aka bad for the short term so we can get the picks that will help us long term. no point staying around the pick 10-12 spot in the draft during the next 2-3 years. id rather bottom out properly

The defensive hole isn't that much of a worry for 2016. We have a number of options as well as Chips & Shinner most likely to play on.

Quality wise for 2018 & beyond is what we will need to address...but there isn't a massive rush to do that immediately. Especially if it means trading an early pick for dubious character

I'm not too worried about next year. I agree we are building a list for 2018 and Fisher and Dempster will be gone by then. It doesn't mean we have to wait for them to go before we look for one. Carslile is a good age bracket for when we will be pushing.

I also agree that we shouldn't be giving up a high draft pick for him. I'm not arguing against that, I'm just arguing that we'd be silly not to have a look at him. If it ended up costing a first rounder walk away.

we need to stay rebuilding aka bad for the short term so we can get the picks that will help us long term. no point staying around the pick 10-12 spot in the draft during the next 2-3 years. id rather bottom out properly

So you don't want him because you think he'll improve us too much and we won't get as high of a draft pick next year?

Righto.

There's a guy on SS that started a 'Jake Carlisle' topic. Click on his username and look at his recent postings. He's been spot on regarding a few selections before they were made public and claims his source works for the club.

Cheers, I don't have SS but I hope that guy is wrong. That's giving away too much.

only way i am cool with that is if we know a way to get another first rounder close to pick 5/6

stevo said geelong are which surprised me but he said if geelong dont get him, they'll take bellchambers. how many ruckman do geelong need
Who do they have?

Simpson: Average and injury prone
Vardy: Injury prone
Stanley: Also had his fair share of injuries
Blicavs: Not suited to #1 ruck imo

Essendon will get either Leuenberger or Zac Smith I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back