List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to target a key defender that has been in the system for a couple of years. Dempster and Fisher are going to leave massive holes up back when they finish up.
Drafted in 2012, so next season will be 3 and a bit seasons in the AFL system.

Delaney is the experienced campaigner that provides the buffer.

Smith is a pure shutdown defender with insane pace for a strongly-built 6'5 lad. He's a perfect prospect for full back.

Is Tucker really that good to give up pick 6 for? I'm not sure he is. He has that game style we are looking for, but even though Balic doesn't have a lot of pace I think I'd prefer to take him and try and pick up some speed with our next picks.

Brett Peake was quick Sam Mitchell is slow. I know who is a better player. Balic seems like Pendlebury or Dal Santo where they seem to dictate the pace of the game rather than move at the pace of the game. Basketballers always seem to work well in traffic and he plays a Hawks style quick sharp kicks instead of handballs and he's good enough to spot options in the traffic.

Smith is a pure shutdown defender with insane pace for a strongly-built 6'5 lad. He's a perfect prospect for full back.

Been injured hasn't he? Did he even play on the weekend? (I didn't notice him)

Firstly what a great win and we should not get carried away with Essendon, clearly they are a troubled team/club. Coach will surely go and join Mick Malthouse for lunch on a Friday to reminisce on the glory days.

The picking of Sinclair and Lonie (Both debut year) makes me thing that Eli is down the pecking order as rather than giving him opportunity we are playing Schneider (Billings automatic in for Schneiderman) ahead of him. Richo has said that you have to earn your spots admit thought that it is hard breaking into a winning/competitive team.

With say pick 5-6 this year and we will probably take a mid fielder and likely the same next year and the potential of a high profile Fee agent (likely to be a mid fielder) and as the only retirement on the horizon is Joey there are quite a few small/mids ahead of Eli. Does he have some currency to dangle at GWS and pick 5 for Trelor and their pick 28? Or perhaps Kelly for Eli and our 23.

Instead of Eli, maybe Hickey as we have him in reality as a replacement now as the two ruckman strategy has not worked and Longer just keeps getting the job done (bless him). GWS may just bite at that as they need desperately need a back up for Mummy and we need quality rather than quantity through the midfield.

Been injured hasn't he? Did he even play on the weekend? (I didn't notice him)
He played. 6 touches and would have done his job no doubt.

A good shutdown defender is one you dont notice IMO.

did you see the game?

youve motivated me enough to watch it again just for tanner
Nah, WAFL footage is difficult to get a hold off... Has by far worst website too.

Thanks to dewah07, I'm finding it really hard to like Balic at the moment.

Its a bit like that Coldplay song, Paradise. First time you hear it you think, decent song. Then it was on every bloody station five times a day, on the ads for Revenge, it was dead set everywhere to the point where you just want to punch something as soon as you hear the words Para, Para...

Anyway, thats currently how I'm feeling about Balic which is annoying because I loved him in the only champs game I saw live.

fair go. its definitely better than the VFL one, which personally is the worst football related website going around
VFL's good on mobile though. WAFLs in uniformly shizen.

Question for everyone...

Who do you rate as our top 10 players under 23?

And who do you think will be in our top 10 in 5 years time from our current list of 23 and unders?

Probably find its a good way to identify were our potential weaknesses might be when we really start to build

Thanks to dewah07, I'm finding it really hard to like Balic at the moment.

Its a bit like that Coldplay song, Paradise. First time you hear it you think, decent song. Then it was on every bloody station five times a day, on the ads for Revenge, it was dead set everywhere to the point where you just want to punch something as soon as you hear the words Para, Para...

Anyway, thats currently how I'm feeling about Balic which is annoying because I loved him in the only champs game I saw live.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly what a great win and we should not get carried away with Essendon, clearly they are a troubled team/club. Coach will surely go and join Mick Malthouse for lunch on a Friday to reminisce on the glory days.

The picking of Sinclair and Lonie (Both debut year) makes me thing that Eli is down the pecking order as rather than giving him opportunity we are playing Schneider (Billings automatic in for Schneiderman) ahead of him. Richo has said that you have to earn your spots admit thought that it is hard breaking into a winning/competitive team.

With say pick 5-6 this year and we will probably take a mid fielder and likely the same next year and the potential of a high profile Fee agent (likely to be a mid fielder) and as the only retirement on the horizon is Joey there are quite a few small/mids ahead of Eli. Does he have some currency to dangle at GWS and pick 5 for Trelor and their pick 28? Or perhaps Kelly for Eli and our 23.

Instead of Eli, maybe Hickey as we have him in reality as a replacement now as the two ruckman strategy has not worked and Longer just keeps getting the job done (bless him). GWS may just bite at that as they need desperately need a back up for Mummy and we need quality rather than quantity through the midfield.

Give Eli a few years to put on size. Sincs and Lonie are getting games because they're small fwds. Eli isn't.

Give Eli a few years to put on size. Sincs and Lonie are getting games because they're small fwds. Eli isn't.
Sinclair isn't a small forward, but he's more capable there than Eli, who is a genuine pacy wingman.

Question for everyone...

And who do you think will be in our top 10 in 5 years time from our current list of 23 and unders?

Probably find its a good way to identify were our potential weaknesses might be when we really start to build
Top 10 players under 23years
Bruce
Newnes
Weller
Billings
Longer
Webster
Ross
Lonie
Dunstan
Sinclair

This will change as we have alot of yound players and everyone develops at a differant pace

I personally think billings is going to be the best from that group, really hope he turns into a robbie gray type that plays midfield and is extremly dangerous up forward. He is developing nicely i just hope he can add a dash of pace!

Question for everyone...

1. Billings

2. Mccartin
3. Acres
4. Longer
5. Lonie
6. McKenzie
7. Goddard
8. Ross
9. Sinclair
10. Webster

Newnes, Membrey, Dunstan unlucky.
We can see by that list what we have achieved over last 3 or so years but still a ways to go. We will get there.

Question for everyone...

In order of where I think they are at now

Bruce
Billings
Newnes
Webster
Lonie
Longer
Acres
Dunstan
Sinclair

Goddard, paddy will be top 10 club players, maybe D mac and Eli too.. I believe Eli will make it as a winger/pacey mid

Have acres that high because I think he's that good just not getting the chances in the ones just yet

Question for everyone...

Right now (in no order):
Bruce
Billings
Lonie
Sinclair
Newnes
Weller
Longer
Webster
Ross
Dunstan

In 5 years (from current list, in order):
Billings
McCartin
Bruce
Longer
Goddard
Acres
McKenzie
Sinclair
Ross
Lonie

Dunstan, Newnes, Webster close.

Looking at our list our immediate areas of need are speed and height (1 third tall in defence which is a huge area of need and 1 big midfielder).

It's potentially not the right thread but it goes under list management but I just wanted to point out the players missing from today's win.

Billings
McCartin
Delaney
Hickey
Goddard
Acres
McKenzie

Obviously there are others, but I see these guys in particular as best 22 in the years to come. I suppose I just wanted to point this out to highlight how amazingly strong our list suddenly looks.

Nail this years picks, or get a gun U23 traded to us and suddenly we are pushing finals next year a year or two ahead of schedule.

Long way to go guys .
Rather than saying who are best youngsters enjoy the ride.
By the way just remember back six had experience with Dempster , Fisher , Gilbert & Geary.
Significant that experience on every line is helping those young guys learn structure combined
with them only required to perform straight forward roles.

Happy days

Yep, I was agreeing with you. I think we will be able to find a key defender that has been in the system for a couple of years that might not be getting opportunities quite cheaply. I haven't seen Smith but he sounds handy.

Delaney is a good stop gap, but I see us playing finals in a couple of years time so it would be great to get someone like him in that would be ready to take over by then.

Warming to the idea of Balic now that it appears we won't get Parish. Those Heppell/Pendles type players don't come cheap and are much harder to find than your more basic midfielders.

Yep, I was agreeing with you. I think we will be able to find a key defender that has been in the system for a couple of years that might not be getting opportunities quite cheaply. I haven't seen Smith but he sounds handy.

Delaney is a good stop gap, but I see us playing finals in a couple of years time so it would be great to get someone like him in that would be ready to take over by then.
If Zac Dawson can nearly win us two flags at full back I have no doubt Delaney can be a September solider too. He's only just turned 26 after all, it's not like he's 30 already.

You never stop trying to improve the list though - stagnation is death - and Smith was a highly-rated stopper as an 18 year old.

VFL's good on mobile though. WAFLs in uniformly shizen.

disagree on that. the stats are hard to read, hard to find. the match day stuff just stops like it did on the weekend for a couple of quarters.

hell in general the whole fox sporting pulse stuff is horrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back