List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Howe highly, very good intercept mark and performs well under pressure. $650 is gun midfielder or KPP money tho...
FB: McKenzie - Skinner* - Webster
HB: Savage - Goddard - Howe
CR: Roberton - **** - ****
Em: Delaney

That is a handy 'back 7' by 2018-20...

Lachy Hunter? OOC and rumours he may look for a trade or be used as trade bait due to question marks over his character. Dec 94 build, 183cm, quick, outside mid...
Tries to do the super cute, flashy and/or impossible at all times.

Nope. Not for me.

Looks like my man Sammy Fish is likely to play on next year, according to a little article in today's Sunday Score, in the HUN, which quotes Richo: "Richardson says Sam Fisher's form is strong enough for him to play on until (in) 2016... Richardson says a strong end to the year will ensure Fisher, 33, plays on." :thumbsu:

Up until recently he's been pigeon holed as a small forward but got the opportunity to play midfield last week and racked up 32 quality disposals. We'd lose our shit if one of our young kids racked up those numbers.
Not saying he hasn't got talent, I'm saying he doesn't strike me as a 'part of a unit' guy, more an 'it's all about me' guy.

For the right price yada yada yada...

Darcy Tucker had a dominant game today according to my spies. Was reportedly one of the most dominant game our guys have seen in the TAC cup in years. Can anyone get the TAC cup site? I'm having trouble getting into it.
Would be seriously awesome for us if he had a really strong finish to the year playing on the wing and we managed to snag him in the draft. Could be like an upgraded version of D-Mac, to go with D-Mac.

Looks like my man Sammy Fish is likely to play on next year, according to a little article in today's Sunday Score, in the HUN, which quotes Richo: "Richardson says Sam Fisher's form is strong enough for him to play on until (in) 2016... Richardson says a strong end to the year will ensure Fisher, 33, plays on." :thumbsu:

wow knock on effect from that will be very interesting, unless they plan on rookie listing him like schneider

Would be seriously awesome for us if he had a really strong finish to the year playing on the wing and we managed to snag him in the draft. Could be like an upgraded version of D-Mac, to go with D-Mac.
Would be a massive upgrade on Nath Wright, its funny though - as his stocks have lowered - my interest in him has risen.

Imagine Dmac, Parish, Webster, Tucker, Sav, Billings - now thats the sort of a grade footskills you would expect to be running through a premiership midfield.

Pick 25 a few years ago, could Wrighty actually be packaged up with our second for a pick in the teens? I'd happily switch our second rounders next year as part of the deal with the club also, assuming if its a team like Freo they might drop and we might rise (a little) next year. I may be clutching, but someone like Wright still presents value but I see more value on another teams list compared to ours.

Was reading, sorry to intrude, guys!

saw ah chee and clarke play senior footy today. wasnt impressed much by either

clarke is absolutely huge. once he enters the AFL system he will put on some size and make a good utility/winger. ah chee looks thinner than he did in the champs

i was most impressed by menengola, who right now is the best player in the WAFL. i would without thought rookie list him

Ah Chee has a lot of draftable attributes for mine. Not well performed but rarely are these line breaking types at this level, it's about seeing through it all and working out how they'll translate. It's why kelly and Whitfield went so high; such domination at 18s level is relatively rare so those that do with that skill set are so valuable.

Issue with Clark is that he just lacks any semblance of inside ability. Might have the size and ability to fill out but he's slow speed wise, slow to react and move to ground level, laconic at times, unclean and has an inability to free the arms when tackled. Just has nothing to indicate he's got inside scope imo.

Interested in your Menagola thought though, have been following his improvement for awhile now, seems like he's genuinely taken another step. What's changed with him to cause it? His kicking still an issue?

According to Cal Twomey, Bailey Rice will spend some time at the Saints this year. Wonder if we'll know before draft night whether he chooses the Saints as his preferred destination.

Gotta give it to Bailey, he's playing you both well. Getting as much investment out of both is handy. Is playing VFL for Northern Blues soon though which is either worrying or cheeky as it comes.

WA's Sunday Times has today anointed West Perth's 22yr old KPD Marcus Adams a potential first rounder...

As comical as that may be, I had a look at his stats; 193cm 98kg is a good size, and the article suggested he had 'blistering speed'... Which accounting for hyperbole probably means he's not a plodder.

Averages 16.8 disposals, 6.4 marks and 2.5 tackles per game this season at Senior WAFL level, which is definitely solid.

Certainly has potential as a later pick.

Brenden Abbott mkII perhaps?

bizarre isnt it. KPD options arent great in the WAFL

better off doing as you said, going for the underage guys. finding the next mcgovern, barrass etc.

speaking of mcgovern his brother kicked quite a few in the SANFL. wouldnt surprise me if freo came knocking

the popular opinion these days is that menengola is the best player in the WAFL competition. tall mid (high 188cm) thats very versatile that can play fwd, play back, play on the wing or in the guts and is hard at it. just a class above. at 22 i can see someone taking a punt on him. i just cant work out why freo ditched him

To be fair he was a third year player averaging 20 touches with a poor kick, and hadn't showed much improvement from the year before. His form this year has just seemingly been a massive improvement. Perhaps delisting spurred him on?

Re: McGovern, he's been patchy over here. Yeah, kicked a bag but he's a third tall type (not sure Freo would want him, not the kind of bloke who'll lead your attack) who isn't finding enough of the ball in other ways to really justify it. Long term he perhaps takes Tom Lynch's job but that third tall you want to find 15 touches up the ground and McGovern for us has been very much a limited touch aerial only type. Still awhile away from being AFL standard imo.

wow knock on effect from that will be very interesting, unless they plan on rookie listing him like schneider
Wouldn't be a bad idea. Allows Goddard less responsibility as he continues to learn & find his feet at the level, while continuing to explore other young raw KPD options over this trade/draft period that can be further developed in the 2s through next year....

Personally the only downside of this decision would be the constant "your list is quite old" bullshit we cop from opposition fans

WA's Sunday Times has today anointed West Perth's 22yr old KPD Marcus Adams a potential first rounder...

As comical as that may be, I had a look at his stats; 193cm 98kg is a good size, and the article suggested he had 'blistering speed'... Which accounting for hyperbole probably means he's not a plodder.

Averages 16.8 disposals, 6.4 marks and 2.5 tackles per game this season at Senior WAFL level, which is definitely solid.

View attachment 158430

Certainly has potential as a later pick.

2.5 tackles is pretty ordinary. Would have to improve his pressure to be a Saint

Ah Chee has a lot of draftable attributes for mine. Not well performed but rarely are these line breaking types at this level, it's about seeing through it all and working out how they'll translate. It's why kelly and Whitfield went so high; such domination at 18s level is relatively rare so those that do with that skill set are so valuable.

Issue with Clark is that he just lacks any semblance of inside ability. Might have the size and ability to fill out but he's slow speed wise, slow to react and move to ground level, laconic at times, unclean and has an inability to free the arms when tackled. Just has nothing to indicate he's got inside scope imo.

Interested in your Menagola thought though, have been following his improvement for awhile now, seems like he's genuinely taken another step. What's changed with him to cause it? His kicking still an issue?

Gotta give it to Bailey, he's playing you both well. Getting as much investment out of both is handy. Is playing VFL for Northern Blues soon though which is either worrying or cheeky as it comes.

To be fair he was a third year player averaging 20 touches with a poor kick, and hadn't showed much improvement from the year before. His form this year has just seemingly been a massive improvement. Perhaps delisting spurred him on?

Re: McGovern, he's been patchy over here. Yeah, kicked a bag but he's a third tall type (not sure Freo would want him, not the kind of bloke who'll lead your attack) who isn't finding enough of the ball in other ways to really justify it. Long term he perhaps takes Tom Lynch's job but that third tall you want to find 15 touches up the ground and McGovern for us has been very much a limited touch aerial only type. Still awhile away from being AFL standard imo.

agree entirely on ah chee and clark. ah chee is just so frustrating as you know what he can do but its just shown in spades. has a body that needs AFL development and could be an amazing winger. you are spot on about clark too. he was played down back yesterday though, due to structure. he's just a massive unit for a kid. he could turn into a good utility player but as you said, looks completely lost around center clearances which is disappointing for such a big kid

on menagola, i'm not sure what spurred the change. by the sounds of it he was completely messed around by peel and was played as a tagger. since coming to subi, it looks like theyve believed in him and played him in a more attacking role. his kicking definitely isnt a problem, saw him snap an amazing goal yesterday and drill another from a set shot drop punt from the pocket. if he didnt have the delayed start to the season, he'd be leading the sandover with a fairly decent margin

interesting one, yarran played reserves yesterday. so i'm not sure what the go is there. rumour is playing to team structure

michael wood is another from subi, treated absolutely shite by freo/peel. looks to have grown to close to 191-193cm. just doesnt miss. still stick thin though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Rice. Based on where the two clubs are sitting and considering Bailey doesn't actually have his heart settled at the moment - if Rice doesn't want to play for us I think its potentially a blight on his character.

We are a club who is exploding with developing half back flankers, we are also a good few years ahead in our rebuild with a very very promising core group of kids.

If he selects the Blues, I see that as an easier passage to playing AFL which I don't really like.

It may seem harsh, but if you choose to go to the basketcase, when you have a chance to go to the club on the rise - it says a lot about the kid to me.

Sod off you fraud!

Jeremy Howe... Would we?

View attachment 158462

Only just 25, 190cm, athletic, versatile... Would be a seamless replacement for Seany D...

Could even spend time on a wing as an odd Ray-esque matchup.
Not for what he'd cost trade and $$ wise.
I'd prefer Trent McKenzie from Gold Coast OOC, out of favour, very very similar stats, (to Howe) height, weight, games played, 2 years younger and a lot cheaper $$ and trade wise

Is he looking to move on?

I reckon the franchises have come knocking. In an establishing market guys who are human highlight reels are like money in the bank. There isn't a Lockett or Hall available but Howe can get up high better than anyone since Capper or Modra.

IMHO Darcy is one of the best players in the draft, will be an elite AFL player. He had a quiet championships as he had an AC joint and a grade two tear in his ankle ligament.

We are getting games into players now, expect much of the same until the end of the year.
I wasn't upset with the result but our ball movement in the last month has really dropped off, we're too happy to slow the game down (probably due to our lack of foot skills, which is where Lachie would help). We're headed in the right direction just need to make the most of the next 2 off-seasons before we aim for finals.

I don't think there is much chance of the Dees finishing below us, which leaves us with Parish or Tucker...

I think Dees finish above us, Bombers below, and they'll take Parish, which leaves us Matho or Tucker. I just want elite skills and decision making....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back