List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Dodoro/Essendon as hard to deal with as they seem to come across public or is it all posturing?

It's not dodoro, it's the board. Any trade dodoro makes has to be approved by the board. He's just tough because the board is. As we've seen already the Dons board thinks they are above everyone and are always right

Think about it #5 for Carlisle?

C'mon, tell me this is a joke.

The drug cheats can eff off. They have been notoriously difficult to trade with, arrogant pricks dealt us Lovett, Carlisle is OOC, hates Hird and the club, and has a ban hanging over his head.

Quick give them #5, Paddy, Hugh, Hickey and Billing as well :rolleyes:

We should definitely use our first rounder on Carlisle. We'd be mad not to!

... Wait... We're all talking about our PSD first rounder, right?

If ever there was a case for playing the "Stuff you, we'll just take him in the PSD thanks!" card, it's here.

WADA stuff, so significant risk. Questions of character on Carlisle. Out of contract. Enough cap to offer him a big first year to squeeze out any competitor prior to our pick. No risk of burning bridges with the other club, because nobody wants to build bridges with Essendon anyway, given their attitude.

Why pay through the nose for what you can get for free?

What about the 4 clubs that will have picks before us. Including Essendon,

It's not dodoro, it's the board. Any trade dodoro makes has to be approved by the board. He's just tough because the board is. As we've seen already the Dons board thinks they are above everyone and are always right

It's interesting because with Crameri and Ryder they talked tough but ended up backing down and accepting less than what they said they wanted publicly.

Hopefully the same with Carlisle if he nominates us as his preference.

If ever there was a case for playing the "Stuff you, we'll just take him in the PSD thanks!" card, it's here.
It would be quite fitting if we took him in the PED ;)

Post Essendon Draft :p

WADA stuff, so significant risk. Questions of character on Carlisle. Out of contract. Enough cap to offer him a big first year to squeeze out any competitor prior to our pick. No risk of burning bridges with the other club, because nobody wants to build bridges with Essendon anyway, given their attitude.

Why pay through the nose for what you can get for free?
Carlton would snap him up in the PSD before us. I'm not worried about the WADA issues, it's more his reported attitude issues which concern me. Let him go to Carlton.

Well they are up shit creek now. Like Carlton, still think they are a power club. Haven't woken to the fact it is 2015 not 1985.

They have a terrible list, the player in question is OOC, they have 25+ players looking at drug bans, they have a coach that is incapable of coaching at the highest levels and had his handler Mark Thompson removed and has shown to be hopeless.

Eff them, eff their sense of entitlement. They are stuffed, Slivagni wont give up #3 for Carlisle either, that type of idiocy has departed from Carlton.

Essendon require a ruckman, we have one perfectly suited to them in Hickey. Straight swap? Maybe our second rounder? Anything else - piss off drug cheats.

What about the 4 clubs that will have picks before us. Including Essendon,
Read again what I said. We have enough cap space to make his first year contract impossible for other clubs to match.

Carlton would snap him up in the PSD before us. I'm not worried about the WADA issues, it's more his reported attitude issues which concern me. Let him go to Carlton.
Carlton's contract and cap situation is reportedly worse than ours was when the Pelican arrived. Front load Jake's contract, and either we get him, or Carlton only further stuffs their finances up. My hunch is with SOS there, they'll avoid big contracts like the plague for a while.

If it's true at Carlisle wants out of the Bombers and is currently out of contract, then there is your typical "threatening trade scenario" for the Bombers, and really need to swallow their pride and accept a lesser deal than what they want, if that is all that is forthcoming.
However, if he is one of the two that has allegedly tested positive, then this is a whole extra scenario; a disgruntled player *may* be able to be convinced to stay, but a disgruntled player that has to sit out a year or two (with questionable pay) due to the decisions of the very club they already dislike, is another scenario, entirely.

If Carlisle is banned, either directly due to a sample, or circumstantial evidence arising from the sample, then you'd think that he will leave Essendon no matter what, sit on a new list in an environment he prefers, and preparing himself for the next season. Additionally, not club will want to give up anything for him, let alone anything of value. So, if Essendon have somehow developed a modicum of intelligence recently, and the above scenario occurs, then if a second round pick is tabled, they should take it instantly and not look back.

Trying to work out a player or player combo that Essendon might go for in a trade with Carlile, they seem to need to add players in most positions.

Backs: Delaney, Lee, Wright, Shenton, Simpkin
Mids: Saunders, Ray, Curren, Ross??
Forwards: Siposs, Templeton, White, Saad, Minchington
Rucks: Hickey

Most of these blokes have little currency or are out of contract but guess what so is Carlile and the Saints boys don't have WADA hanging over their heads.

Don't really want to lose Hickey, Ross or Templeton but we need to make the deal attractive to them somehow.

I'm thinking Delaney (won't need him if we land Carlile) + Anyone or two of the boys listed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Pick 5 + Pick 23 for Josh Kelly + pick 28

I'd then package pick 28 + Seb Ross for Hawthorn's pick 16

Gain:
Kelly
Pick 16

Lose:
Pick 5
Pick 23
Seb Ross

Then pray like hell we can land Kieran Collins at pick 16 or just take best available at the pick

Just think this would balance our list well: adding another KP defender & getting our hands on the outside class we truly lack

Why in the world would GWS trade Kelly? Unless we were to offer them an extremely good deal, but I can't see our club giving away our first two picks for him.

He's contracted, well liked at the club and is just starting to play some really good football for them.

Id be ok with the following -

2015 2nd and 2016 2nd
for
Carlisle and 2016 3rd

Even with the 2 year banhammer from WADA it means that Carlisle would be back for 2018 having just turned 26.

He could still train individually and there is nothing stopping him having lunch/dinner with players and coaches 3 times a week.

So he misses on a couple hours of skills training. As long as he can still talk to the team, understand the gameplan etc then he just needs to blow out the cobwebs.

Its long term planning at it's finest and it IS a gamble, but if it comes off we will have a spine that will be the envy of the comp right at the time we plan to challenge.

Our first should be off limits, but this... this I would be ok with.

Isn't there a rule that, if a person has not been on any kind of football list for a certain amount of time, they don't need to be picked up via the draft anyway? That's what's potentially going on with some young cricket player next year, yes? How long is that period of time. Because if it's two years, basically if Jake is not able to play for the next two years, we may be able to just pick him up for free then anyway.

I dont get why Carlisle is worth 2 2nd round picks when Ryder was just pick 17?
Especially now that it seems more likely that he will miss some football. 2nd rounder or nothing imo, maybe a fringe as steak knives.

Lol Carlisle has been shit the last two years and no way is his value worth a first rounder let alone two just on the basis of his good year down back three seasons ago.

No gurantee he can get back to that form.

Out of contract, wants out? and a ban hanging over his head.

Hope he ****s Essenscum over.

Lol Carlisle has been shit the last two years and no way is his value worth a first rounder let alone two just on the basis of his good year down back three seasons ago.

No gurantee he can get back to that form.

Out of contract, wants out? and a ban hanging over his head.

Hope he ****s Essenscum over.
You always knew the way to my heart!

Trade Pick 5 + Pick 23 for Josh Kelly + pick 28

I'd then package pick 28 + Seb Ross for Hawthorn's pick 16

Gain:
Kelly
Pick 16

Lose:
Pick 5
Pick 23
Seb Ross

Then pray like hell we can land Kieran Collins at pick 16 or just take best available at the pick

Just think this would balance our list well: adding another KP defender & getting our hands on the outside class we truly lack

unders on seb IMO plus i'd say you will get a poorer player than seb at 16. we still need to select two more players in the draft, one will be an upgrade in sinclair but the other will be a lateish pick (not that great) IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back