List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind adding either Tom Hickey or Billy Longer to your second rounder for Jake Carlisle.

Fills a significant list hole for us and may make us feel slightly compensated for such a talented yet underwhelming player of late.
What about our current number one ruck packaged with our second rounder? I know he is rookie listed, but he might be interested in seeking further opportunity after getting a taste of it late this year - realistically he will probably never go ahead of Hickey/Longer - I'd hate to see him go but he might want regular game time...

Collingwood are not miles ahead of us. They are still extra reliant on their stars in Pendles, Swan, Sidebottom and Cloke to win as we are with our veterans.

On their list I can only see Moore and maybe De Goey and Grundy becoming A grade.

The rest of their heralded young players are solid foot soldiers (Adams would be A grade if he could kick and Elliot is good for 30 goals a year but wouldn't classify those two as A grade). They are in desperate need of class and good ball users as well.

Don't get sucked into them 'winning' every offseason, it's just a media build up to sell papers.

And Buckley doesn't fill me with confidence as a coach. Their total wins in the H&A season is on the decline ever since he took over (16 wins in 2012, 14 in '13, 11 in '14 and 10 in '15). Give me Richo every day of the week over Bucks, and it isn't even close.

Well they had 10 wins and a % of 106. That places them comfortably ahead of us. They destroyed us at the G.
Pendles is only 27. Sidebottom 24.
They still have a top 10 pick (Freeman) yet to debut.
Throw in Adams, Moore, Scharenberg, DeGoey, Langdon and Crisp. And they look healthy for kids.
If they nab Treloar they will be dangerous.

For everybody saying we should get Bennell, you are effectively saying that you have no interest in us getting any new big sponsors, or quite seriously keeping some of the ones we already have. The sponsorship team, including Finnis, have bent over backwards to assure sponsors, "We've changed! We've changed! We won't destroy your brand, trust us!"

Seriously, how anybody could even consider this is just astonishing to me. Our brand is awful, awful, awful. This year, FINALLY, we've actually had media dip their toe in the water to say, "Hmm, Saints aren't as bad as they used to be... seem to be doing well at this rebuild thing." Those same media would jump on something like this and go back to the classic cliches about our club's "party culture"... and who could blame them?

Let the Suns be irresponsibly wasting their talent, the Dons be cheats, the Blues be a basketcase, the Lions be full of unrest, the Giants be a club without a soul, etc, etc. Let THEM be the ones to be ripped to shreds by the media for a change. Don't hand our enemies a free hit.

Who are we trying to impress in the media? Darce? I agree we dont want utter rat bags. But its a footy club not a boys choir. We need to find a balance. Basing our recruitment on trying to suck up to the media wont work out either. If we win they will get on board. If we dont, they wont.

Watch the hawks do there best work.

They'll pull the trigger on Harley & reap the rewards next season.

Wow. Harley Barley meltdown night......

After watching Carlisle on the weekend i am super keen to get him on board. No idea if he is a tool or not. What I will say is that his tattoo is more justified than a lot of the crap around. It is a standard celtic tradition to tattoo your family name in celtic lettering. I would also think that Rooey has asked BJ for his opinion of Carlisle and it must have been positive endorsement (or neutral) for us to chase him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Rippon. Surely we have a look, or someone else does. 21 years old, JJ Liston Medalist. Inside/out mid, damaging by foot, strong in the air and very powerful. A touch short around 177cm.
Not exactly a need for us, but talent is talent and this kid continues to prove he's got it.

Oh and I want Jelly.

Going to be one of the more interesting trade weeks from memory.. Mainly because I do think we have big plans but have little to give compared to last few seasons.. We all want a high draft pick but I don't see it happening if we get as involved in this trade period as we all think we mite..

Hopefully some excitement and a surprise or 2 but I'd be prepared for some mixed emotions as I think we will have to part with something or someone that we don't necessarily want to have to lose.

Ideal trade period for me is Carlisle and a quality mid from another club and a quality mid from the draft.. We definitely need minimum a couple gun mids... How we make it all happen? Who could possibly know.

Ha ha killing me , worried about Brisbane with early draft picks they can't keep them as it is.
As for Carlton it is now 4 spoons in last 14 years, they have Daisy Thomas & Liam Jones on long term
contracts, by the time they get going Murphy , Gibbs will be gone rebuild after rebuild for them.
Unless you think Tutt is going to be a gun, the blues will be on the bottom for years.
I dont fear them. I just want an even playing field and us to not miss out on a player we want due to out ladder positio. But 2 compensation picks plus 3 academies mean we arent really getting pick 5

Wow. Harley Barley meltdown night......

After watching Carlisle on the weekend i am super keen to get him on board. No idea if he is a tool or not. What I will say is that his tattoo is more justified than a lot of the crap around. It is a standard celtic tradition to tattoo your family name in celtic lettering. I would also think that Rooey has asked BJ for his opinion of Carlisle and it must have been positive endorsement (or neutral) for us to chase him.

I've always rated Carlisle but something makes me a bit uneasy about recruiting him.... I'm even more concerned than if we recruited Bennell to be honest.

And if we start a recruiting standard based on rubbish tatts then poor old Skunk will be out the door shortly.

On another note it sounds like BJ sooked up again when Damien Barrett brought up rumours that clubs were looking strongly at him as a possible trade target.

Well they had 10 wins and a % of 106. That places them comfortably ahead of us. They destroyed us at the G.
Pendles is only 27. Sidebottom 24.
They still have a top 10 pick (Freeman) yet to debut.
Throw in Adams, Moore, Scharenberg, DeGoey, Langdon and Crisp. And they look healthy for kids.
If they nab Treloar they will be dangerous.

With respect the hype on Collingwood is media driven .
Who are their key backline players of the future ..?
They have Darcy Moore who else for their forwards? After Cloke finishes.
Every year they are gifted a dream draw at MCG and no guarantees on keeping SA kids like
Scharenberg , Broomhead & Kennedy , think they are still an unknown .

I've always rated Carlisle but something makes me a bit uneasy about recruiting him.... I'm even more concerned than if we recruited Bennell to be honest.

And if we start a recruiting standard based on rubbish tatts then poor old Skunk will be out the door shortly.

On another note it sounds like BJ sooked up again when Damien Barrett brought up rumours that clubs were looking strongly at him as a possible trade target.

We will take him on minimum wage as a top up and he can play for Sandy.

bj is a has been and should stay at his beloved injectors where he can point fingers at players while hanging out the back getting cheap kicks

Realise this isn't a popular opinion, especially around this time of year where people want to trade to just trade, but I would be against trading in any player with question marks over his character (eg Carlisle and Bennell).

We are far too early into our rebuild, and have holes all over the field. Damaging what is a promising fabric amongst the group is far too great a risk at our point in the cycle.

Kelly (or Treloar should some miracle happen) would be fine, these guys don't have question marks over their character.

I think we have shown over the past few years that we can do well out of the draft, so I see no need to trade out of it.

Hawks are in the part of the cycle where they are topping up for flags. We wish we were in this position.

They should bring in a new compo system. Top 10 picks should never be effected by compo to give the teams that didn't make the finals an advantage. GC and Essendon shouldn't be effected because Brisbane and Carlton can't keep their players and are happy to let them walk due to the ridiculous compensation they will get.

Band 1 - Pick 11 onwards, instead of this going by where the team finished on the ladder, they would use the same formula however the highest paid players team that left should get pick 11 (for example Hawthorn would've got Pick 11 for Buddy...this year Adelaide would get Pick 11 if Dangerfield left, Carlton potentially pick 12 for Kreuzer etc.

Then band 2 onwards go back to the normal way.

That would make the top 10 picks worth more and if finals teams wanted one they would need to cough up a bit to trade into the top 10.

If there are are PP's tap them onto the back of the Band 1 Compo picks.

Totally agree.
I love the frank comments and I love not knowing just where they are coming from at St Kilda, just makes life on this chat site more interesting.
Gives us an insight as to what the club is thinking rather than us plebs getting into a lather on the basis of squat! Keep up the BS BS.........lol

Here is an interesting strategy say we are not interested as all clubs are saying, then draft him with pick 41. Gotcha, there will be a game of luff and double bluff with Bennell I reckon, someone will grab him and take the risk.......surely.

Also comments re parents of draftees explaining HB behaviour, I think a bigger precedent has been set by Essendon and its wonderful level of pastrol care it showed its players.

Heard Farren Ray is looking elsewhere straight swap with Bris Jed Adcock perhaps, just throwing it out there.

Have to get a new avatar if he goes!!

I think once Treloar comes out and says he is leaving, any chance of getting Kelly is off the table. He's contracted and GWS will get enough compo out of Treloar for their academy players for the next two years.

On Bennell, I wouldn't bother arguing with each other as I'm fairly sure he'll be playing for Freo next year. Maybe we can help out in the trade by getting Weller to the Saints?

Freo gain Benell
GC gain Freos first and our second
We gain Weller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back