In: Carlisle, 10
Out: 5, 25

ESS:
In: Bennell, 25
Out: Carlisle, 4

GCS
In: 4
Out: Bennell

Pick 10 would allow us to get Tucker instead of Pick 5 in no mans land? Give up our second rounder though but I suppose that would have happened if we got Carlisle anyway. Is that fair?
Where does pick 10 come from ?

GC trading Bennell and 10 for pick 4?

The closer we get to the draft the more I want to hold onto our first pick and get one of Mathieson/Curnow/Parish/Francis.

Its obvious Collingwood are jerking around Freeman.

Offered a on minimum wages during the year. They are waiting to see who they land Aish or Treloar. If they dont they up Freemans contract.

Way to go treating a young bloke who has battled injury like a piece of shit.

Last year Saints siged 19 of their kids then settled with players like Lee Hickey etc.

The kid must be shatterd by Collignwoods disrespect.

you can see by the way this Kappa has the Collingwood attitude.

"We will force him into the PSD"

Disgraceful

GC trading Bennell and 10 for pick 4?

The closer we get to the draft the more I want to hold onto our first pick and get one of Mathieson/Curnow/Parish/Francis.
Agree 100%.
Unless we get a Godfather offer, I'd take 5 to the draft...Curnow, Parish, Francis, Mathieson is my preferred order

STK
In: Carlisle, 10
Out: 5, 25

ESS:
In: Bennell, 25
Out: Carlisle, 4

GCS
In: 4
Out: Bennell

Pick 10 would allow us to get Tucker instead of Pick 5 in no mans land? Give up our second rounder though but I suppose that would have happened if we got Carlisle anyway. Is that fair?
I personally wouldn't do that. Pick 5 isn't no mans land by any means, we may be able to get our man @ pick 10 but it isn't worth the downgrade. There is still a chance that a quality target such as Francis slips through @ 5. Imagine getting Francis and Carlisle the year after getting Goddard - that there would be AFLs premiere backline for the next decade.

I'm still hoping we can get Carlisle with our second and extras if we even get him at all.

Next year stay in Kelly's ear, grab him and Weller for our first two.

Can I then mention the F word once again?

For those lucky enough to see Burton before his injury, how does he compare to Curnow. From what I understand he is a different type of player than Curnow, but will be drafted at the opposite end of the first round. Am I right in considering that Burton is like a Gunstan type whereas Curnow is a Membrey type?

I'm not saying that's their projection, just looking for a style of play. :)

For those lucky enough to see Burton before his injury, how does he compare to Curnow. From what I understand he is a different type of player than Curnow, but will be drafted at the opposite end of the first round. Am I right in considering that Burton is like a Gunstan type whereas Curnow is a Membrey type?

I'm not saying that's their projection, just looking for a style of play. :)
Both built more like Stringer, but Burton's more a Tex Walker shorter-but-burly KPF.

Apparently Freeman is an average kick. Having seen essentially nothing of him, all I can go of is his highlights package which does not show any major technical flaws. If his issue is that he tries to do too much with the footy, I would still be happy for us to take a chance on him despite the dodgy hammies. We might be able to train him to play within himself. However, if his issue is more that he simply regularly misses targets such as a Geary, Gilbert & Shenton then I am can't be bothered to be honest, even if he is cheap.

If his kicking is not a significant upgrade on Wright, I would rather just focus on developing Wright who I still think can make it, at least as a midfield tagger. He is an absolute hard nut, fantastic overhead and also a gifted athlete with the rare combination of speed and endurance. Sure, he is not a prolific ball winner, but it does not appear that Freeman is either. It's a bit of a "meh" trade IMO.

Gold Coast are the team to trade with (picks wise) this year.
They should secure pick 10 off Port for Dixon and it wouldn't suprise me if Adelaide have a crack at Bennell with their Dangerfield compo pick. That gives the Suns picks 3, 10, 13, 19 and 22.

I'd offer them pick 5 and 25 for 10, 19 and 22

10 for Carlile
19 and 22 draft players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering what the Pies will give up for Aish?

Probably want to give a fourth round pick and say - take it or leave it.

But surprisingly enough want a first rounder for some bloke who hasn't played for two years.

We all see the delusional pattern

Probably want to give a fourth round pick and say - take it or leave it.

But surprisingly enough want a first rounder for some bloke who hasn't played for two years.

We all see the delusional pattern
That's exactly what I was getting at, Aish is worth twice as much as Freeman

Is it just me or does freeman's kicking look very good in those highlights? Small sample I know but still, hits a target and that puts him above Steven already

However Steven has to do it at AFL pace. Easier to look more accomplished in the juniors and lower grades. cj nearly won the liston medal this season. His kicking look a whole lot better in the magoos as well.

Is it just me or does freeman's kicking look very good in those highlights? Small sample I know but still, hits a target and that puts him above Steven already
Of course his kicking looks good. That's y it's a highlights reel. U would show 4 turnovers would u

Agree. When I watched it I thought he looked really damaging and was then surprised to see some reference his poor foot skills. The first kick which hit the target was also perfectly weighted, was not an easy kick to execute. It takes confidence to pull that kick off. Small sample I know, but so is the AFL combine test.

It drives me nuts when people refer to a random combine score as evidence as to whether somebody has good foot skills or not. Sorry but 30 random kicks performed in 1 session is pretty much statistically irrelevant. Even terrible kicks can have a good day and vice versa. Also, you could kick 30 floaters that go straight and be labelled an elite kick because you hit targets on draft day!

I am hoping Freeman performed badly in this test (which again has no relevance IMO), and this added weight to the myth he can't kick.

Of course his kicking looks good. That's y it's a highlights reel. U would show 4 turnovers would u

I get that, but it is the type of kicks he made. Had some nice low bullets in there, and some well weighted kicks also. Usually a good sign of reasonable foot skills. Many of the kids highlights are just banging the ball long.

For example, go back and look at Acres junior highlights video. I don't think you will find 1 example of him hitting up a leading target with a well weighted kick, certainly not with a low bullet pass. Well guess what, his VFL & AFL exposure thus far confirms that he absolutely struggles to do this. Highlights are limited, but they do still tell us something.

Gold Coast are the team to trade with (picks wise) this year.
They should secure pick 10 off Port for Dixon and it wouldn't suprise me if Adelaide have a crack at Bennell with their Dangerfield compo pick. That gives the Suns picks 3, 10, 13, 19 and 22.

I'd offer them pick 5 and 25 for 10, 19 and 22

10 for Carlile
19 and 22 draft players

I like this but I'd go 19 & 22 for Carlisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back