List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow if freo lose pav and don't get black or McCarthy, their forward line is looking very depressing with matt Tabenar kicking like 25 goals and not much else. Maybe we should've kept spencer and offloaded him for 22 and next year's 1st rounder ;);)

Would love Weller but I'm not too fussed if we get him this year or not. I think there are a couple of good kids that might make it too 14 so more than happy to go to the draft, and I'm confident we'll get him eventually.

Saying that, as the saying goes you've got to strike when the irons hot.

Anyone doubting the wisdom of recruiting Carlisle should ask themselves one question. Would Hawthorn be seriously interested in recruiting him (and restructuring their player payments to fit him in), if they thought he couldn't play ? We're not competing with the wooden spooners for JC's services, we're competing with the threepeating Hawks.
That's just like saying that treloer isnt any good because the hwaks arent into him and the pies are. But im all for us getting carlisle!

If we take Weller, I can see it being 14 and Lee, just to help Tom out, and to clear a senior spot for the third draftee (Rice, Sincs, the third). Seems to me that with the third, we can always just upgrade Saad if there's nothing left worth getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we take Weller, I can see it being 14 and Lee, just to help Tom out, and to clear a senior spot for the third draftee (Rice, Sincs, the third). Seems to me that with the third, we can always just upgrade Saad if there's nothing left worth getting.

No Black, maybe no Pav or McCarthy, Lee might be their lone forward next year hahaha

No Black, maybe no Pav or McCarthy, Lee might be their lone forward next year hahaha

It's a good idea. Lee has never cemented himself as a saint on or off the field imo and he indeed comes from WA and could potentially fill a swing man role (and/or possible backup) forward or back whether they get McCarthy or not. Pick 14 helps them secure McCarthy and if not they have Lee as backup.

Lee and 14 to Freo for Weller.

Do it.

Love this post from a Swans supporter on the general trading forum for Carlisle

"You need to be realistic and grateful a guy as good as Bird would even entertain the thought of going to the Dons...he must have lucked out at the good clubs.
Try to understand that nobody actually wants to go to the Dons anymore by choice...place is like a sewer trough these days with any talent desperate to leave, and only being able to attract scraps like Luenberger and "list cloggers" like Bird. Its like putting your hand up to invite obscurity.

Besides...compared to Melksham, Bird is a gun. Most would take the bloke who won 2 top 10's in the BnF at a top 4 club, over a list clogger like Melksham that won two top 10's at a shitbox bottom feeder club like Dons."

Ouch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back