List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'll get abused for this;
but in no way shape or form am I condoning or saying it will happen..
Say CFC offer up pick 1 for Todd Goldstein, would we even entertain or flat out no?
I know it sounds ridiculous and I am not for it but just interested to hear people's thoughts.
Flat out no.

However, if this was in 2017/18 my answer may be different.

Answer me one question, when has paying overs for a gun resulted in sustained period of premiership glory, besides to the club that got paid overs?

Paying over and being bold with trading are not the same things. Don't confuse them.

Say CFC offer up pick 1 for Todd Goldstein, would we even entertain or flat out no?
I know it sounds ridiculous and I am not for it but just interested to hear people's thoughts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he exactly the sort of development success story we don't want to throw away.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he exactly the sort of development success story we don't want to throw away.
And If you read what I said, I clearly stated that I do not want him gone... Your point?

Just what I heard off a good thourthe with a half decent track record.

Though I still the "Mail That Dare Not Speaks Its Name" from earlier in the season is the real go.

And If you read what I said, I clearly stated that I do not want him gone... Your point?

I thought you were interested to hear peoples thoughts. I know you didn't want him gone, but my point still stands. Only a club not interested in winning would throw away that sort of developmental success. It would be a stupid idea and if the club tried it I'd drive 1000 miles to Melbourne, with a pitchfork, to join the angry mob.

Just what I heard off a good thourthe with a half decent track record.

Though I still the "Mail That Dare Not Speaks Its Name" from earlier in the season is the real go.

Fool us once MaddAdam.

Fool us thrice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like put it officially on record here that this bloke isn't an "OO" alias........I am officially *happy* how the big fella is playing.

But he seriously need a huge finals campaign starting this sunday to keep me happy.

We definitely need to trade to improve our list. We need outside speed and another key defender/forward. Our midfield is too dour IMO. We will get left behind very quickly if we can't get these type of players. If Atley could become an out and out midfielder, that would help. I am in the take a punt on Bennell camp if we get a chance

i agree we should take the punt on bennell, we're crying out for a mid with his speed and class. we have missed Wells this year and he looks to be pushing it to play many more games with his injuries, Bennell is the perfect replacement if we can get him right, maybe get wellsy to mentor him

Paying over and being bold with trading are not the same things. Don't confuse them.

At the time the deals are done they are exactly the same things. You only find out which is which after a couple of years. Probably 1996 since North's last successful bold trade move, and there have been lots of bold mistakes since.

to be Bold you have to pay overs, but please elaborate.

Overpaying = paying more for a known quantity than he is worth just to get him
Being bold = paying more for someone who is a risk but could potentially be worth the investment (could also end up overpaid)

One of those stupid FB AFL trade rumour pages just linked us to **Jake Melksham** I spat coffee all over the table.
Pretty sure that this is part of the Youth Drug and Alcohol outreach program in The Huddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back