Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the situation with Jacob Hopper and that heart/health issue he has?
My understanding it's a similar condition to that experienced by Wayne Milera before he was drafted and once the "burn" is done their good to go.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/a5364c8a49b4776bb84cecd07fd92812

Despite the heart surgery, Hopper doesn’t expect it to interrupt his season.

“I’m very confident I can just run out and play footy,” he said. “I was back after just a week which was strange because I’ve had other operations like my knee where it has taken a lot longer to get back running again.”

You get votes for playing better than everyone else, doesn't mean you played well!

No it doesn't, where do you get this shit from. Each player is assessed independently from each other. It's possible that no votes could be awarded in a game. You get votes for beating your opponent, then more for adding to team offence or defence as well, then more for adding to both and then more again for an elite performance. But if you don't best your opponent, even if you sucked less than everyone else, you get no votes.

No it doesn't, where do you get this shit from. Each player is assessed independently from each other. It's possible that no votes could be awarded in a game. You get votes for beating your opponent, then more for adding to team offence or defence as well, then more for adding to both and then more again for an elite performance. But if you don't best your opponent, even if you sucked less than everyone else, you get no votes.

Not how it works in the brownlow or any award being offered by the media

We don't know his the club operate you just posted that as it is a fact

If there's a bleed that's real worrisome and from my limited knowledge the fact their not doing scans ASAP could mean there is?

http://sma.org.au/resources-advice/injury-fact-sheets/hamstring-strain/
With the timeline the club has to next game there is no urgency as it won't change the planning in the early days. Scanning in hamstrings doesnt necessarily count for a lot. If its bad they will know. If its not they will be looking for any small signs of a tear to distinguish between tightness or low level strain.

If there is visible bleeding they will know he has done a good job of it. We also would all know as we would have seen it happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they mentioned on the news something about one of our boys and an ankle injury, but missed who they were talking about.

Anyone know who it is?
Charlie Dixon

Fair point about who does go down, my candidates for the cellar are:
Essendon - yes they get a heap of players back, all who have had a year off. They will need time to adjust to the pace and a new coach, in 12 months it could be a different call.
Pies - Team and coach on a different road, nothing of note in KPP other than some youth.
North - Struggled come then end of 2016 and lost massive experience
Port - They have so many problems, Trengove can't fix them all. Top ten players are good but the next rank are dodgy at best and Hinkley is a dead man walking (not to mention my many sacrifices to the footy gods for this to happen)
Richmond - All the hype if Feb - March, Dimma will find a way to stuff them up (And Martin is outa there - to here hopefully)
Freo - Sandi on his last, no Pav and midfield depth a big worry. Fyfe back wont fix it. and I still say any defense that relies on Dawson is already in trouble.
Oh and Carlton who a few years off getting out of the basement.

I know we took the foot off in the last on the weekend, but there was enough from Brisbane over the day to suggest they have turned a corner. New coach and gameplan and a few players back. They are still years off finals but I think there is plenty of competition for high draft picks this year.

You're doing it wrong, the sacrifices should be for keeping at the helm for as long as possible.

Second he's sacked, there is a chance they may get a competent coach which is the biggest thing their list needs right now.

I would have thought that the crows would be able to have scans done any time they wanted to?

Is it a good sign they're willing to wait or as Bicks points out, could it be a bad sign?
Crows players often have had scans done on public holidays... even back when they 1st came in, as my ex was often called in to perform them. I doubt they would have gone backwards...

I don't think they'd have liked him going to the Cup today if there was too much concern for his leg.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-13/afl-media-likes-the-look-of-

Below are AFL Media's standouts from Adelaide's 39-point win over the Brisbane Lions at Noarlunga on Saturday.

Jake Kelly (Adelaide)

Spots in the Crows' backline are hard to come by, but the 22-year-old has put himself in the frame for a surprise round one call-up. Kelly completed his defensive duties while also picking up 16 possessions with an 87.5 per cent disposal rate, along with taking seven marks against the Brisbane Lions on Saturday. Kelly played 10 games in 2015, but couldn't force his way into a settled side last year. Andy Otten has his nose in front to take the place of Kyle Cheney – who is regaining match fitness after a groin injury – but Kelly isn't far behind.

Nick Robertson (Brisbane Lions)

Keeping Adelaide forward Tom Lynch quiet was a task few sides could manage last year. Robertson did a wonderful job in staying in Lynch's pocket the entire game and barely giving him any room to breathe. Lynch had minimal impact on the game, not kicking a goal and having only 15 possessions, while had Robertson had 17 touches and five rebound 50s. Robertson, 21, played just six games last year for the Lions, but showed he could be someone coach Chris Fagan turns to more often in 2017. - Lee Gaskin

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back