Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-13/afl-media-likes-the-look-of-

Below are AFL Media's standouts from Adelaide's 39-point win over the Brisbane Lions at Noarlunga on Saturday.

Jake Kelly (Adelaide)

Spots in the Crows' backline are hard to come by, but the 22-year-old has put himself in the frame for a surprise round one call-up. Kelly completed his defensive duties while also picking up 16 possessions with an 87.5 per cent disposal rate, along with taking seven marks against the Brisbane Lions on Saturday. Kelly played 10 games in 2015, but couldn't force his way into a settled side last year. Andy Otten has his nose in front to take the place of Kyle Cheney – who is regaining match fitness after a groin injury – but Kelly isn't far behind.

Nick Robertson (Brisbane Lions)

Keeping Adelaide forward Tom Lynch quiet was a task few sides could manage last year. Robertson did a wonderful job in staying in Lynch's pocket the entire game and barely giving him any room to breathe. Lynch had minimal impact on the game, not kicking a goal and having only 15 possessions, while had Robertson had 17 touches and five rebound 50s. Robertson, 21, played just six games last year for the Lions, but showed he could be someone coach Chris Fagan turns to more often in 2017. - Lee Gaskin

My memory may be faulty, but I thought Robertson played forward in the 1st half and picked up Lynch in the 2nd--when he came good.

Don't know a lot about hamstrings as have the good fortune not to have done one, but isn't it usual to ice if serious? Tex wasn't wearing any ice in the last q when off the ground.
You have ice on and off for 24-48 hours. Not on constantly.

There's a photo in the Advertiser of him with a bag of ice strapped to it. Unless Rooch photo-shopped it in

He's hurt his hamstring. Best case is he misses first two games. Hopefully it's no worse than that though every day the club doesn't say anything definitive you can add two extra weeks to his likely absence.

Don't know a lot about hamstrings as have the good fortune not to have done one, but isn't it usual to ice if serious? Tex wasn't wearing any ice in the last q when off the ground.

He did have a towel over his lap when they showed him just before the 4th quarter opening bounce. I was trying to get a look underneath or see a raised leg, but failed miserably. The towel did seem unneccessary though.

You're doing it wrong, the sacrifices should be for keeping at the helm for as long as possible.

Second he's sacked, there is a chance they may get a competent coach which is the biggest thing their list needs right now.
Ah yes, I can see how you took that comment, I meant them dropping into the bottom 6 in a more permanent way

So where is this voting system discussed written what ever

We know how secretive the AFC are but I'm sure you know where it is
The voting system is mentioned every year when we have the B&F. It's no secret & 1970crow has outlined it for you.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha yeah whatever
Seriously, it appears in nearly every news story about the Malcolm Blight medal. It's published on the Crows website before the count. Vader and deaneus were discussing it in another thread last week.
A quick google search just found 6 references explaining the voting system on the first page.

It's not a state secret.

Seriously, it appears in nearly every news story about the Malcolm Blight medal. It's published on the Crows website before the count. Vader and deaneus were discussing it in another thread last week.
A quick google search just found 6 references explaining the voting system on the first page.

It's not a state secret.

Show us a link and I'll accept it, I said I'm sure you're right just don't believe what you read on BF for obvious reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you rate our recruitment and considering you hate the crouches, where do you think we have gone wrong

On a player by player basis via the draft, our recruiters have done well. The problem is we've gone after the wrong types of player - how many years in a row did we spend a first round pick on a KPD or third defender, on top of all the later/rookie picks for the same spot and trading in Cheney - and we've made catastrophic errors at trade, such as giving up Dangerfield for nothing, trading in Vince as part of the PR stunt that led to Matt Crouch, who is half the player, when the Demons wanted Mackay first, and failing to adequately capitalise on the talent leaking out of GWS.

We have generally good talent identification, but either the department as a whole is mismanaged, or the director of football providing the instructions to recruitment was incompetent.

On a player by player basis via the draft, our recruiters have done well. The problem is we've gone after the wrong types of player - how many years in a row did we spend a first round pick on a KPD or third defender, on top of all the later/rookie picks for the same spot and trading in Cheney - and we've made catastrophic errors at trade, such as giving up Dangerfield for nothing, trading in Vince as part of the PR stunt that led to Matt Crouch, who is half the player, when the Demons wanted Mackay first, and failing to adequately capitalise on the talent leaking out of GWS.

We have generally good talent identification, but either the department as a whole is mismanaged, or the director of football providing the instructions to recruitment was incompetent.
So which first round KPD is surplus to requirements today? Talia? Lever?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha yeah whatever
Club Champion Voting Protocol
1 vote: Played their role. Solid game without significant influence on the game
2 votes: Played his role well and influenced the game
3 votes: Played his role very well with significant influence on the game
4 votes: Played his role outstandingly and dominated the game

And will they issue all votes every game or will they miss if the whole team plays like crap

No link to that

Like I said you get votes for being better than everyone else in the team but if everyone plays crap what does it count for

No different to the brownlow it can be the worst game in history but votes will be allocated

So which first round KPD is surplus to requirements today? Talia? Lever?

The biggest argument leading into round 1 is which 2 of our defenders will be forced to miss out, while the single biggest complaint is figuring out who exactly can come into the midfield and make it better, and not really having any definitive answers.

That's not a good position to be in.

Like I said you get votes for being better than everyone else in the team but if everyone plays crap what does it count for

No different to the brownlow it can be the worst game in history but votes will be allocated

If you look at the votes breakdown it's obvious that in poor games, more players receive 0 votes or low votes.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-09-23/club-champion-every-vote-

I don't know what you are trying to argue

As I said it indicates 4 lotta of votes would be given each game, at nowhere does it say votes will be missed

So where is this link we are talking of
Wat.gif ?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back