2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The afl players finished at the same time, just the Peel players
The collective agreement requires the last contact day after the last club game, effectively the point at which the season ends for a player and they go on holiday, to be the Tuesday after the last match.

That didn't happen after our last AFL match, but it did after the last WAFL. So I believe that there was either an agreement in place at the start of the season that the team reasonably expected to be playing finals so holidays would start later (allowing players to book them) or the affiliate team still being active meant the last contact day applied to when that side (with their 18 AFL players) finished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I like about Logue is his upside. Someone like SPS has spent the last three years in AIS programs and such and he still seems a little raw. I love that he has elite endurance and he could be anything. A Rampe with better ball use? an Isaac Smith that can win his own ball and mark?

I'm on the Logue train and hopefully more than 13 jump on board.

I thought he was a standout in terms of grunt,skills,brains,decision making,running patterns,usage efficiency in the allies game.
Actually thought he looked best fit for us.
Enjoys a bit of physicality too!
We traded down to seven got a few good looking youngsters in AND likely to have half a dozen potential 200 game champs to choose from at our pick.
Can't be half empty cannit??

And? He played 3 compared to SPP's 5. You guys are joking if you think he's hands down a better player.

But you see it's not just us, its all the AFL experts who have SPS going at 1-7 in the draft. I think SPP is tipped to go somewhere early second round. But you tell us why they are all wrong???

And? He played 3 compared to SPP's 5. You guys are joking if you think he's hands down a better player.
Most phantom drafts have SPS much earlier than SPP. You can't really judge until after 50 odd games, but SPS looks the better prospect. That said, SPP could be dusty like (or Suban like).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back