2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And? He played 3 compared to SPP's 5. You guys are joking if you think he's hands down a better player.

SPS played 3 games last year as a 17 year old and got injuried this year. Seriously, SPP are skills below par and he pushes kid out of the way, see how he goes in the AFL. SPS defensive skills are elite and SPP doesn't defend.

SPS is a top 3-10 pick while SPP will go in the second round.

"Other" looks promising we always go against the Freo board.
Will need the popcorn ready.

I would love SPS, classy but a Logue would be just as good. English I've never seen if we picked him I would back the Freo recruiters, having trained infront of Freo all year its almost an audition for us.

Cal Twomey article on AFL website saying SPS linked to Carlton and English to GC. Ainsworth also doing his best sell to get to Brisbane.

If it all goes that way then our choice will come from Logue/ Brodie/ Taranto/ Scrimshaw/ Marshall/ ???. If our recruiters are big on Brodie you'd think he'd be a big chance for us.

I would vote Logue in that scenario for list balance but would be happy with Brodie also. Can't have enough ball-winning mids in your side and he would cover the loss of Barlow somewhat.

Cal Twomey article on AFL website saying SPS linked to Carlton and English to GC. Ainsworth also doing his best sell to get to Brisbane.

If it all goes that way then our choice will come from Logue/ Brodie/ Taranto/ Scrimshaw/ Marshall/ ???. If our recruiters are big on Brodie you'd think he'd be a big chance for us.

I would vote Logue in that scenario for list balance but would be happy with Brodie also. Can't have enough ball-winning mids in your side and he would cover the loss of Barlow somewhat.

Got a link?

The ??? is Florent.

I personally can't see GC leaving Scrimshaw and taking English but who knows. Again, the choice of the ones above plus Florent is really a good position to be in.

Who ever we pick at 7 will have good speed and skills. We won't get Brodie.

But you see it's not just us, its all the AFL experts who have SPS going at 1-7 in the draft. I think SPP is tipped to go somewhere early second round. But you tell us why they are all wrong???
They obviously see more upside. All I'm saying is right now there's not a lot of difference in them, I rate SPP a light better now, with SPS probably having more upside, I don't thinks he's a hands down better player though. Guess we shall see on draft night who goes goes where.

They obviously see more upside. All I'm saying is right now there's not a lot of difference in them, I rate SPP a light better now, with SPS probably having more upside, I don't thinks he's a hands down better player though. Guess we shall see on draft night who goes goes where.

Picks WCE over the Dockers. Picks SPP over SPS. Everything checking out just fine around here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC have no way of getting SPS but can get SPP because he's not in the top 10 and in your eyes that makes SPP equal in ability. :rolleyes: Get rid of your jealousy and admit that SPP has no where near the skill of SPS.

Trying to convince yourself the girl that's a 7 is better than the 10 because you had no chance at the 10 to begin with... whatever helps you sleep at night, champ.

You are right on one account, it won't matter a dime once the players have been selected. You can only revisit this in two to three years. Can SPP work out his kicking weaknesses which is such a big deal for teams or will he be such a dominant beast (Dangerfield) that it won't matter. Will SPS get into the game enough as he already has all the skills and be the new Cyril Rioli or will he frustrate with great talent but rarely turn it on (Daniel Wells).

At the moment, and will be seen in the draft, is that teams rate SPS a long way ahead of SPP. Until a average carnival this year SPS was seen as the number 1 selection.

Drafting is a crap shoot. It's all educated guess work at best. Whoever is selected has as much chance of being Jayden Pitt as they do being Nathan Fyfe and everything in between.

Just pick Logue and get it over with.

Another note, the kids that physically dominate at U18 level won't have that advantage against seasoned AFL bodies. The kids with the skills and football nous can develop AFL bodies over a number of preseasons and then really start to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back