2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he was part of the mini-draft IIRC. He had a superb game against us but I think people are focusing too much on that game. He's had a pretty underwhelming career (given the hype) so far.
If memory serves me correct, he either broke his collarbone or dislocated his shoulder in his first game or first few games. Has had a few injuries and taken him a while to put on muscle but I feel that now he's grown into his body, he's about to explode. I think he had a pretty consistent year considering the team he was playing for. Put him in a team with better players and he'll flourish.

If memory serves me correct, he either broke his collarbone or dislocated his shoulder in his first game or first few games. Has had a few injuries and taken him a while to put on muscle but I feel that now he's grown into his body, he's about to explode. I think he had a pretty consistent year considering the team he was playing for. Put him in a team with better players and he'll flourish.

Yeah he's certainly been unlucky with injuries. Hopefully he does fulfil potential. Time will tell

For those of you complaining about the long period before the draft you should know that year 12 students (that includes some of the 18 year olds in this draft) are sitting there final exams right now (at least here in WA they are). It'll be a bit cruel to compound the pressure of exams with the pressure of draft night, so I think that's why the draft is so far away.

To make sure I'm contributing to the rumor mill though (because pure facts don't have a place on this site):

Logue will be very good if we do draft him, but if freo think the Cox or Rotham will fall to us at pick 35 then I don't see them picking logue at 7.

Well he's been developing at GC so... There's that.

Martin has also admitted to taking time to as just to the demands of AFL training. All the skills in the world but he is still a work in progress on being a professional athlete.

Yes and injuries wouldn't help

I still think he'll be a very good player
Maybe the hype, see him as good player instead of brilliant . So far all the good kid kind of hindrance their progress with GC due to injuries.

If Sps gone before freo pick i am into Logue . Can't get enough of him .Need to compesate maddocker with logue hairdo since mayne gone :D

I suspect and think its the right way for us to go as first pick - bigger bodied and skilled inside mid able to also go outside, forward and back. Mundy Fyfe and Barlow type. Taranto, Berry, Ainsworth, Powell Pepper, Brodie, Logue and a few others like Setterfield (but no chance). Sam Pet-Set has great potential to be like Rioli but I think rightly it will go down to the likes of Taranto, Berry, Brodie, Powell Pepper And Logue. Of those the proven and outstanding performer except for the shoulder injury that had him out for awhile has been Berry. He still may go very high - he would be a great selection if available. Logue and Brodie are about equal behind Berry and do not have the same vision and polish nor proven leadership as yet. They would be next. Taranto for me is on the first tier with Berry but a bigger risk as he is not as all round developed just yet ....Now to everyones hope Sam PS SORRY GUYS Cyril was pick 12 in 2007 and turned up trumps but I think about 12-14 is about right for SPS given his last twelve months and also what Freo will continue to go best available (fills all the boxes) - out of Berry Logue Taranto is my bet . Perhaps you will disagree but i would pick a Hodge Riciuto Fyfe type ahead of a Rioli type - the engine room is always the key first and have it strong and operating with the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect and think its the right way for us to go as first pick - bigger bodied and skilled inside mid able to also go outside, forward and back. Mundy Fyfe and Barlow type. Taranto, Berry, Ainsworth, Powell Pepper, Brodie, Logue and a few others like Setterfield (but no chance). Sam Pet-Set has great potential to be like Rioli but I think rightly it will go down to the likes of Taranto, Berry, Brodie, Powell Pepper And Logue. Of those the proven and outstanding performer except for the shoulder injury that had him out for awhile has been Berry. He still may go very high - he would be a great selection if available. Logue and Brodie are about equal behind Berry and do not have the same vision and polish nor proven leadership as yet. They would be next. Taranto for me is on the first tier with Berry but a bigger risk as he is not as all round developed just yet ....Now to everyones hope Sam PS SORRY GUYS Cyril was pick 12 in 2007 and turned up trumps but I think about 12-14 is about right for SPS given his last twelve months and also what Freo will continue to go best available (fills all the boxes) - out of Berry Logue Taranto is my bet . Perhaps you will disagree but i would pick a Hodge Riciuto Fyfe type ahead of a Rioli type - the engine room is always the key first and have it strong and operating with the best.
I actually think is good you rank him 12-14, which mean freo might be able to get him .

Heard a bit of a Brett Anderson interview today.

Thinks SPS will almost certainly be gone by 10 and is very likely to go to Carlton at 5 as they're keen on him.

He rates Scrimshaw as one of the best in the draft.

He wouldn't be surprised if Ainsworth goes 1.

Thinks SPP has come right in with his improvement late in the season and should go in the teens.

Thinks Rotham would be perfect for the Saints with their pick at 23 and they should get him.

Hope
Pick 7 , logue (sydney bf rate him)
Pick 35 , ( ?) Luke ryan (sydney bf rate him)
Pick 40 - narkle
Pick 71- willie rioli,liam ryan , liam baker.

I actually think is good you rank him 12-14, which mean freo might be able to get him .
it probably proves even more with the board interest form experts as to the best pics in the draft - the draft is very even even out to maybe 20-25. Your right and if we do select SPS hopefully the upside will be huge - it would not be a bad pick at all.

it probably proves even more with the board interest form experts as to the best pics in the draft - the draft is very even even out to maybe 20-25. Your right and if we do select SPS hopefully the upside will be huge - it would not be a bad pick at all.
From mora and fyfe draft
I like slow burner
Mora come out banging then injured, fyfe freo nearly did not get him because he is skinny and drafted as forward but turn out to be a mid and bulk up abit.

From mora and fyfe draft
I like slow burner
Mora come out banging then injured, fyfe freo nearly did not get him because he is skinny and drafted as forward but turn out to be a mid and bulk up abit.
I've been trying to find out whats going on with Q Narkle really rate him but did not play colts late in the year something Barry Cable -ish about him

Heard a bit of a Brett Anderson interview today.

Thinks SPS will almost certainly be gone by 10 and is very likely to go to Carlton at 5 as they're keen on him.

He rates Scrimshaw as one of the best in the draft.

He wouldn't be surprised if Ainsworth goes 1.

Thinks SPP has come right in with his improvement late in the season and should go in the teens.

Thinks Rotham would be perfect for the Saints with their pick at 23 and they should get him.
Going by this thread, we are certainties to get Scrimshaw. No one wants him around here and he's not tall.

This in no way reflects my level of enthusiasm for the draft, as im far too busy in life to spend all my time thinking about something I have nothing to do with.. But I had a really random dream the other night that the draft was given the "Ultimate fan interaction experience" whereby fans would get to choose their clubs draft picks via Facebook.

Given the calibre of footy fans on facebook - we ended up using pick 7 to redraft Morabito, and then another recently delistee at 35, this despite the fact that Rotham & even Tim English were still available. :eek:

That scenario sounds more like a nightmare than a random dream.

I've been trying to find out whats going on with Q Narkle really rate him but did not play colts late in the year something Barry Cable -ish about him
Late in the season narkle play senior wafl instead of colt . Really fast moving player.

Who are our inside mids now?
Fyfe
Neale
Mundy (1-2years left, may play backline)
Blakely

The rest aren't likely to be full time inside mids but will rotate through.
Bennell
Hill
Walters

Who are our inside mids developing at Peel?
???
Grey maybe if we bring him back
Do Balic/Tucker get pushed into the midfield fulltime at Peel? (I wouldn't mind that)

I'd say us drafting another inside mid or two would be a near certainty. Then a small forward with our later picks.

SPS
Fisher/Rotham/Cox
Ryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back