2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Brodie said he modeled himself on Mundy and it shows, fairly similar. Differences being Brodie is faster and on average a worse kick under pressure.

In fairness, last season aside, so are most players. His ability to stop time in congestion and execute well is a very rare ability that not many of even the top mids possess.

Simpkin looks like Ed Langdon V2.0
Brodie looks like Blakely V1.1
Scrimshaw looks a bit meh to me. Tall skinny HBF type.
English looks a 208cm skinny hbf type. Moves well for a big guy though.
Logue looks ok to me.
SPS will certainly be gone before our pick.

I think I am going to have to just trust our recruiters as they pull another Vic mid from leftfield to blindside us all.

My prediction is Jarrod Berry.

So extrapolating all this, by Friday we should have "narrowed" down our pick #7 to one of about 80 draft prospects.

Hoping we will take a male, aged between 17 and 35, that is between 170cm and 210cm tall with our first pick.
Watch us now pick up a 169 cm half back flanker from South Australia.

What a weird year. Having gone from pick 3 to pick 7. And the eveNess and academy picks everywhere. Can't wait to take the picks and move on. Considering we have already got bennel, Hill, & mcarthy this year anything else will be a bonus.

Add Hamling and Kersten, its been pretty amazing. Its plugged a few holes we all thought would take a long time to fix.

Will be interesting to see how these two go and if we get the other three all going queue the tissue box.

Logue looks ok to me.

I think I am going to have to just trust our recruiters as they pull another Vic mid from leftfield to blindside us all.

Ah crap. We're going to going to end up with Scrimshaw, aren't we?

Last edited:
It'll be fun seeing what happens if some of these "hacks" are drafted by us.

Interesting to see who changes their mind straight away and who actually stays to their word. Oh and it'll be a good read in a few years to see who's right.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It'll be fun seeing what happens if some of these "hacks" are drafted by us.

Interesting to see who changes their mind straight away and who actually stays to their word. Oh and it'll be a good read in a few years to see who's right.

Well you've got to give whoever we draft a chance and hope for the best. But let's just say most of us wanted to recruit McCarthy, B.Hill and Kersten before it was cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue looks ok to me.

These two seem to fit our traditional drafting model.

Well you've got to give whoever we draft a chance and hope for the best. But let's just say most of us wanted to recruit McCarthy, B.Hill and Kersten before it was cool.

McCarthy was taken before our first selection. I'm pretty sure every freo fan and probably freo wanted him that year.

Kersten was traded a for a pick lower than what he was drafted at.

This board also went crazy when we didn't pick up Aaron Black, Mason Shaw and many others. They questioned Fyfe ahead of Bkack, Hill ahead of Rich. They've got a couple right but there's been a lot of they got wrong.

Anyway doesn't change the fact some people will change their mind simply because we actually picked them.

McCarthy was taken before our first selection. I'm pretty sure every freo fan and probably freo wanted him that year.

Kersten was traded a for a pick lower than what he was drafted at.

This board also went crazy when we didn't pick up Aaron Black, Mason Shaw and many others. They questioned Fyfe ahead of Bkack, Hill ahead of Rich. They've got a couple right but there's been a lot of they got wrong.

Anyway doesn't change the fact some people will change their mind simply because we actually picked them.

I still have hopes that we'll rookie Shaw to make the set complete.

No idea who we are targeting.

I hope it's Logue, but in saying that our recruiters are usually pretty savvy and will back them

Anderson tweeted that we will take Oscar McInerney with our second pick if available. 22 yo Victorian ruckman.
Could be correct,would mean no English which makes sense since our first seems a bit early for him;Brodie or other best available and McInerney would be a reasonable start for me:cool::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back