List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

It amazes me the shit Bucks copped off opposition supporters saying he was overrated etc. This video just reminded me just how good this bloke was as a player. True football fans knew he had an elite kicking abililty to go with a great football brain and was a true leader.

P.S - Thanks for sharing that bud. Went down well with my morning smoko at work :)

Buckley only copped crap from opposition fans as they where Jealous he played for Collingwood

Not that those two weren't brilliant footballers but I'd have Phil Carman before both of them
one amazing footballer, pity he had too much white line fever. would have made carey look second rate

When do they announce the under 18 championships side, surely Daicos and Brown will get into Metro.
I think Daicos will miss because of his broken hand.

Not that those two weren't brilliant footballers but I'd have Phil Carman before both of them
PHIL Carman was gary Ablett senior like.
But brain explosions - too many
Untamed genius I guess.

Also train like a maniac

Never seen any footballer do the things Carman did when he decided it was time to play
He was something.
Why couldn't he have have just punched himself in the face instead of Tuck.

Hafey flags 5
Barassi 3

Do you know who replaced Carman in the side for him?

Chris Perry replaced Doug Gott for the replay

It amazes me the shit Bucks copped off opposition supporters saying he was overrated etc. This video just reminded me just how good this bloke was as a player. True football fans knew he had an elite kicking abililty to go with a great football brain and was a true leader.

P.S - Thanks for sharing that bud. Went down well with my morning smoko at work :)
Bucks the GOAT, as good as he was he couldn't carry us to a flag. So thank **** he had two sons.

He was something.
Why couldn't he have have just punched himself in the face instead of Tuck.

Hafey flags 5
Barassi 3

Do you know who replaced Carman in the side for him?

Chris Perry replaced Doug Gott for the replay
Fair to say that the contribution of Carman's replacement (2 handballs) wasn't great. Since Carman had 17 disposals, 4 marks and kicked 4 goals against the Hawks, that really was a costly punch!

Fair to say that the contribution of Carman's replacement (2 handballs) wasn't great. Since Carman had 17 disposals, 4 marks and kicked 4 goals against the Hawks, that really was a costly punch!
By the way do you know who was the replacement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Bond. Sorry, I assumed you knew, and since you had asked somebody else I didn't think I should name names!
Just couldn't remember for some reason.
Not quite the same player was he?
All I remember is Shane bond running towards goal and siren sounds

A very frank Carman discusses the Tuck incident and it's impact here (from about 5.30 onwards) if you want to put yourself through a bit of torture!:-

I saw the episode several years ago and it was tortuous then. Watched it again today and it wasn't any easier. What could've been in 77, 79 and 81

Buckley was the best field kick I have seen full stop.

He is without question the greatest player to don the black and white, despite what people think of his coaching ability he was a freak of player and superbly skilled.

What i wouldn't give to have a player show some of the things Buckley was capable of...

Both bonafide superstars and luckily I am old enough to have seen both play.

Too hard to separate both bring different things, both sublimely skilled, both match winners and hopefully both bring father sons!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back