List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Quayle should of read the "Dummy's guide to new AFL bidding system" instead of the "idiot" version.

Because the Doc I linked is from the AFL not a jurnos article and it's pretty clear in it's description again see below:

"If a Nominating Club does not have enough points to secure a F/S or Academy selection in a given Draft, the points required will carry over to the Club’s first selection the following year."

That is pretty black & white if you ask me.
Yes, yours was from May, as I said I'm sure it was clarified later on. Hers was from November and was written after the point was clarified.

If Josh has a 10th the talent his father we should grab him no questions asked. I don't care if he is undersized or has a broken hand - in fact that is a bonus as it will disinterest a lot of bidders. I have a gut feel that he will be the answer to all our small forward wishes. To hear the name Daicos shouted at Collingwood games again will usher in a knew era of greatness. As an added bonus his dad may come down and teach the rest of the team how to kick a football.

If Josh has a 10th the talent his father we should grab him no questions asked. I don't care if he is undersized or has a broken hand - in fact that is a bonus as it will disinterest a lot of bidders. I have a gut feel that he will be the answer to all our small forward wishes. To hear the name Daicos shouted at Collingwood games again will usher in a knew era of greatness. As an added bonus his dad may come down and teach the rest of the team how to kick a football.

We've got arguably the best kick ever to play for the Pies as our coach, it doesn't seem to help.

Ok, so there is another revised version of that document (proper AFL release)?

Because that is the only one I can find on it?
Yes, there is. Took me a while to find and a few dead links along the way but I've found it.

Edit: well it's not that document but it is an article from the AFL website talking about this exact scenario.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-08/league-adds-safety-net-to-draft-future-picks

The changes mean, for example, that a club will not risk pushing back their first pick in the 2016 draft if they go into a points-debt by choosing a later-round academy selection this year.

Any points incurred for these later round players can be repaid in the round the bid is received, after the AFL tweaked its new set of rules so that a first-round draft position was only altered if a bid came in the previous year’s first round.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-08/league-adds-safety-net-to-draft-future-picks

Yes, there is. Took me a while to find and a few dead links along the way but I've found it.

Edit: well it's not that document but it is an article from the AFL website talking about this exact scenario.

The changes mean, for example, that a club will not risk pushing back their first pick in the 2016 draft if they go into a points-debt by choosing a later-round academy selection this year.

Any points incurred for these later round players can be repaid in the round the bid is received, after the AFL tweaked its new set of rules so that a first-round draft position was only altered if a bid came in the previous year’s first round.

Cheers. Good to know.

Could Brown be the next Ben Kennedy? He was also considered to be a midfielder who could rack up the ball. He was drafted in the second round, but so far hasn't proved himself in the league.

I am more excited about Daicos at the moment, who has an uncanny goal sense and an awareness that clever players have around them that can be developed into a gun midfielder with coaching.

Could Brown be the next Ben Kennedy? He was also considered to be a midfielder who could rack up the ball. He was drafted in the second round, but so far hasn't proved himself in the league.

I am more excited about Daicos at the moment, who has an uncanny goal sense and an awareness that clever players have around them that can be developed into a gun midfielder with coaching.

Given his current size, quite possibly. However Ben Ken did rack up much more of the ball and more consistently. Still looking like a late draft pick for us unless something drastic changes based on what I'm reading.

Brown is a lot more explosive and has greater leg speed than Kennedy. His hands are a lot cleaner too, no fumbles.

I see Kennedy like a small version of Greenwood, more your in and under grunt work player. We have a lot of that at Collingwood, one of the major reasons he left / got moved on.

Different types of players, only similarity is their size and Brown is still growing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent news. Hide him for the rest of the year like Wills.

Shit news, the kid needs to development a lot more and recruiters aren't going to be fooled by an injury... just look at recent drafts.

Why do people think 1 injury will allow us to get Josh for a discount? Clubs have NO issue pulling the trigger on very injury prone kids even in the top 10.

Shit news, the kid needs to development a lot more and recruiters aren't going to be fooled by an injury... just look at recent drafts.

Why do people think 1 injury will allow us to get Josh for a discount? Clubs have NO issue pulling the trigger on very injury prone kids even in the top 10.
I was very keen to see him in the team and starring at the national championships so I consider this news disappointing as well. Like young Brown, Daicos seems to be improving rapidly and I'd prefer him playing and continuing his development. We'll get both the young lads if we want them, if we have to pay a high price because they've shown they're worth it, then so be it.

I was very keen to see him in the team and starring at the national championships so I consider this news disappointing as well. Like young Brown, Daicos seems to be improving rapidly and I'd prefer him playing and continuing his development. We'll get both the young lads if we want them, if we have to pay a high price because they've shown they're worth it, then so be it.

And a broken hand isn't going to stop another team bidding high if they rate him... Plenty of kids who has missed a year of footy prior to getting drafted going in the top 10/15 these days

And a broken hand isn't going to stop another team bidding high if they rate him... Plenty of kids who has missed a year of footy prior to getting drafted going in the top 10/15 these days
Yes, for sure. Lots of examples.

There's obviously been plenty of people comment that they'd rather we hide these players, or that they don't want them to do much so we can get them on the cheap. I (along with plenty of others) don't want to see them end up just possible rookie f/s selections, if they are top-30 types I'll be far happier.

Except the kids that get drafted high in those circumstances are generally known quantities who have dominated in the TAC cup in a previous year.

Daicos, being regarded as a late-rookie prospect heading in to this year, isn't going to jump in to early draft considerations off the back of only a couple of decent TAC games.

Yes, for sure. Lots of examples.

There's obviously been plenty of people comment that they'd rather we hide these players, or that they don't want them to do much so we can get them on the cheap. I (along with plenty of others) don't want to see them end up just possible rookie f/s selections, if they are top-30 types I'll be far happier.

This is a crucial development period where they pick up their habits and work ethic traits that most carry with them the rest of their careers.

Bucks wasn't a patch on Daicos. Bucks was a powerful penetrating kick - sometimes too much, he lacked touch and deftness. Daicos made the ball talk, I am pretty sure he invented kicking :

View attachment 242882

Buckley was the best field kick I have seen full stop.

He is without question the greatest player to don the black and white, despite what people think of his coaching ability he was a freak of player and superbly skilled.

What i wouldn't give to have a player show some of the things Buckley was capable of...

Buckley was the best field kick I have seen full stop.

He is without question the greatest player to don the black and white, despite what people think of his coaching ability he was a freak of player and superbly skilled.

What i wouldn't give to have a player show some of the things Buckley was capable of...

Agree Daics "made the ball talk" angles, torps etc but if you are talking about a great field kick, Bucks hands down.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back