List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley was the best field kick I have seen full stop.

He is without question the greatest player to don the black and white, despite what people think of his coaching ability he was a freak of player and superbly skilled.

What i wouldn't give to have a player show some of the things Buckley was capable of...

That's a great video - thanks.

Agree Daics "made the ball talk" angles, torps etc but if you are talking about a great field kick, Bucks hands down.

Both gun players......truly blessed to have watched them both!

For me Daicos was a special talent. 5 touches a game and he would inflict pain on the opposition.

He was a freak.......97 Goals in 1990..........unbelievable!

Both gun players......truly blessed to have watched them both!

For me Daicos was a special talent. 5 touches a game and he would inflict pain on the opposition.

He was a freak.......97 Goals in 1990..........unbelievable!
Equaled the record of Lethal for the most goals in a season by a non key forward.

He is without question the greatest player to don the black and white, despite what people think of his coaching ability he was a freak of player and superbly skilled.

What i wouldn't give to have a player show some of the things Buckley was capable of...

Imagine this current side with Buckley in the middle, Daicos in the forward line and Clement in defense. We'd go from one of the worst kicking sides in the league to the best.

Daicos is perhaps the most brilliant footballer of all time, his football genius and skill is unparalleled.

Buckley was a dominant force, a cross between Ivan Drago and the Terminator, power, ruthless punishing skill that made the difficult look basic. Buckley was portrayed as a villain when he joined us and was picked at by opposition fans more than anyone else , to the point where he has actually become very underrated.

If picking a side I would choose Buckley before Daicos, for X factor and game winning abilities Daicos before all.

I find it hard to split Daics and Buckley as field kicks. Buckley preferred foot maybe the edge, Daics a mile ahead on the non preferred gives him a slight edge.
As far as kicking it with a few sticks in front of him, not only because of the magical goals but Daics a light year ahead.
Buckley actually only an average kick for goal, goals to points ratio confirms this.
As Quicky mentioned, add in 3 elite kicks and a gigantic problem get largely resolved ( with the elimination of the horror clangers) just as the addition of a couple of speedsters solves the pace issue. Point being you dont need a team full of either category, the real kicker would be getting a couple of kids with both attributes!!

Shit news, the kid needs to development a lot more and recruiters aren't going to be fooled by an injury... just look at recent drafts.

Why do people think 1 injury will allow us to get Josh for a discount? Clubs have NO issue pulling the trigger on very injury prone kids even in the top 10.
Because not playing TAC last year the sample size is so small

Nominating who was the better player - Bucks or Daicos - is like nominating which child you love the most. Impossible! Just loved them both and grateful we had them. Bucks was an especial shining light because he was dominant in lean times. Daics was quite simply a magician.

Nominating who was the better player - Bucks or Daicos - is like nominating which child you love the most. Impossible! Just loved them both and grateful we had them. Bucks was an especial shining light because he was dominant in lean times. Daics was quite simply a magician.

Can't believe Barry Price hasn't been mentioned in a discussion about great field kicks of the CFC.

Not in the same overall class of Daics and Bucks but man could he use a footy by foot.

Can't believe Barry Price hasn't been mentioned in a discussion about great field kicks of the CFC.

Not in the same overall class of Daics and Bucks but man could he use a footy by foot.
Funnily enough, Price describes both the Daicos boys' skills as sublime in one of the academy videos from memory. He should be a good judge given his own talent!

Funnily enough, Price describes both the Daicos boys' skills as sublime in one of the academy videos from memory. He should be a good judge given his own talent!

This is good, and not an adjective we hear a lot at the Holden Centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine this current side with Buckley in the middle, Daicos in the forward line and Clement in defense. We'd go from one of the worst kicking sides in the league to the best.

I'd also add in Leon kicking out from the square after a behind.

There was a point there where he actually statistical hadn't missed a target.

Have to agree. Bucks was absolutely phenomenal work rate-wise and skill-wise

Shame he had to play in such a disgusting side for a lot of his career

Daicos is perhaps the most brilliant footballer of all time, his football genius and skill is unparalleled.

Buckley was a dominant force, a cross between Ivan Drago and the Terminator, power, ruthless punishing skill that made the difficult look basic. Buckley was portrayed as a villain when he joined us and was picked at by opposition fans more than anyone else , to the point where he has actually become very underrated.

If picking a side I would choose Buckley before Daicos, for X factor and game winning abilities Daicos before all.
Not that those two weren't brilliant footballers but I'd have Phil Carman before both of them

It amazes me the shit Bucks copped off opposition supporters saying he was overrated etc. This video just reminded me just how good this bloke was as a player. True football fans knew he had an elite kicking abililty to go with a great football brain and was a true leader.

P.S - Thanks for sharing that bud. Went down well with my morning smoko at work :)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back