2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port Power
St Kilda
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs

You knew the risk when you recuiters these players; you get what you deserve and do not deserve any compensation.

Caveat Emptor - "let the buyer beware".

Outside of Monfries every other club knew there was a potential suspension hanging over the player's heads.

While it does suck for the clubs who are affected it was also not unexpected either

Last edited:
wonder if the AFL will bend over and let these clubs pick up fill in players or allow them to use rookies or treat them like any other suspended player and do nothing. That and if Essondon finish last Im sure the AFL will feel great giving them the first pick in the draft

I think its bs that some Clubs get to play the Dons twice this year now. The AFL needs to correct this otherwise it is farcical, one solution could be that if you play the Dons twice you cannot win 4 premiership points in the second game.

Unfair that Clubs benefit from the Dons drug use.

Rubbish

We got to play the Gold Coast and GWS twice in their infancy and got 4 points from very easy games.

It's the luck of the draw.

14 clubs will not allow that to happen.

We didn't get to wipe Walker's salary off our cap and use it to sign up Danger when he did his knee. Ryder and Monfries salary will stay in Port's cap.

Being found guilty of taking an illegal substance that wasn't given to them by their current club is a good reason for port to tear apart their contracts, I would imagine every player has a clause in their contract that makes them void if they are suspended by ASADA or WADA.

Being found guilty of taking an illegal substance that wasn't given to them by their current club is a good reason for port to tear apart their contracts, I would imagine every player has a clause in their contract that makes them void if they are suspended by ASADA or WADA.
But both players will be there for 2017 season.

No contracts will be torn up.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

I guess none of the current players can have any contact with anyone at their respective clubs during the 12 months (like Bails) It will be interesting to see what kind of shape they come back in in 12 months time.

Will the AFL & ASADA still be keeping an eye on the players whereabouts during the season and what happens if the clubs are found to be setting & monitoring fitness programs for the Chosen Few?

Will they still be required to be Drug Tested during this time? If not, I think a few might end up working at a Juice Factory in France

I had heard murmurings at the time of his trade that he was unhappy with certain things that were going on and wanted out badly.
What will be interesting is how many Essendon players now ask for a trade at the end of 2016, as I reckon the flood gates may open...

That statement would almost certainly mean little chance of being able to sue successfully. However its not uncommon for civil suits to find different rulings though. A civil lawyer would be handy about now.

And just like that, I appear!

Hard to know without seeing the evidence but I strongly suspect lawsuits will follow. Based on those statements the players bear some responsibility for what happened to them but probably worth a run to allege that the club was negligent or in breach of contract/duty of care to players to keep them safe

They may not win 100% but worth a shot to start an action as a lever to force the club to give them compensation which they may not do otherwise

Surely the club will not want to waste more money and credibility with these players by fighting such a claim. Time to get in some mediators

Hmm I'm one of those too..:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish

We got to play the Gold Coast and GWS twice in their infancy and got 4 points from very easy games.

It's the luck of the draw.

Rubbish.

Crows playing GCS and GWS twice is a completely different scenario. For starters they had the opportunity to draft any mature players to make their starting 22 strong, but they chose to recruit basically kids.

In any case the AFL will have the final say of what happens in regards to premiership points.

Hard to know without seeing the evidence but I strongly suspect lawsuits will follow. Based on those statements the players bear some responsibility for what happened to them but probably worth a run to allege that the club was negligent or in breach of contract/duty of care to players to keep them safe

They may not win 100% but worth a shot to start an action as a lever to force the club to give them compensation which they may not do otherwise

Surely the club will not want to waste more money and credibility with these players by fighting such a claim. Time to get in some mediators

The evidence is here - http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Arbitral_Award_WADA_ESSENDON.pdf :)

The SANFL must be shitting themselves that all their ex-AFL players are about to be taken again.
Yes, that simply isn't fair on the state based leagues ......will SANFL be compensated financially because their competitions are compromised .....can the SANFL prevent players moving because of player contracts?

Lucky bastard! ;)

Interviews exist in 2013 of Watson admitting he thought something was fishy throughout the program but failed to say anything. That alone is damning and probably didn't help their cause. Signifies how amateurish the players, lawyers, media and the AFL were. I truly think many of them just thought it would blow over. Tell a few bullshit stories, the AFL will do a little crappy investigation and that would be it. ASADA caught them all off guard and that sent Hird off on his little missions to try and destroy the investigation. The AFL still tried to kill it softly last year with its poorly attempted tribunal that let the players off. This only provoked the big dog (WADA) into action which again caught the AFL world off guard accept any one that follows WADA like myself.

Said it before I'll say it again

To me the afl is like a small organisation trying to act like a big one

I don't think they are corrupt but their level of competence in some things and what they say and how they act is just breathtaking

What will be interesting is how many Essendon players now ask for a trade at the end of 2016, as I reckon the flood gates may open...
If the players sue Essendon and AFL? ....it would be difficult to see the players staying at Essendon .....and would the players have the rights of a delisted free agent if their contracts are voided because of workplace breaches Essendon have already been found guilty of?

Massive repercussions here .....COULD affect the club for the next decade

Will sponsors now stay and be associated with a club found guilty of drug cheating .....not good for the brand

Just heard the verdict. Anyone know what our punishment is? Was Pyke ever associated with Essendon in any way?
:p Was waiting for someone to post this .....it's such an obvious question

What I dont get is the shock of some people. How could you NOT see this coming ?? The AFL pretty well doctored the last one and hoped it would go away.

It didn't.

I do love the PAPS who are trying to make it about them.

It looks like the AFL saw the writing on the wall when putting together their fixture.

Suns - Need a leg up to save the AFL from further embarrassment
Saints - Help drag them from the bottom 4
Cats - Try and delay the slide for another 12 months
Tigers - Need all the help they can get to win at least one final (a leg up for top 4)
Blues - Help drag them from the bottom 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back