2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

all the posters who are espousing the trade Rocky/Pearce scenarios and hypotheticals are doing so with the caveat that the rumors re them being disruptive personalities at our club are based in truth and not just total BS.
Pretty much. I know I'd want to keep them if those rumours didn't exist.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Here's a way we could get a number of high draft picks and help Gold Coast with the readymade talent they need. It's win win. They contend for finals next year, we rebuild with great talent.

Trade Rockliff Hanley Hammelman and our 2017 2nd round pick to GC and we receive pick #4 #8 #24 #40 and Trent Mckenzie.

What did they do off the field ?
fd392b3873fb9c741bf3a6e042a50b38.jpg

Here's a way we could get a number of high draft picks and help Gold Coast with the readymade talent they need. It's win win. They contend for finals next year, we rebuild with great talent.

Trade Rockliff Hanley Hammelman and our 2017 2nd round pick to GC and we receive pick #4 #8 #24 #40 and Trent Mckenzie.
take it you had a big night last night??!!:p

In all seriousness no way I could see them going for that, especially the Hammelman, pick 4 and McKenszie elements

Am I the only one who doesn't want to trade 2 of our best players who have been drafted to the club and been loyal for 7+ years?

On field they were both down this year, Hanley was hard to watch at times.. but surely we are in no position to be kicking our best players out the door.. This isn't FIFA.. you cant just trade in and out whenever and keep a solid culture at the club.

I don't think anybody's happy about the situation. But you're right about it not being FIFA - you can't trade a player without their consent so they'll only go if they want. And your comment about keeping a solid culture might be relent, but in a different way than intended.

take it you had a big night last night??!!:p

In all seriousness no way I could see them going for that, especially the Hammelman, pick 4 and McKenszie elements
Gold Coast desperate to contend finals next year, they have huge amount of picks, can use pick 6 if they get that from Richmond probably on Bowes whom will b bid on by Carlton at #5. If we did deal with Gold Coast over pick 4 I'd say there would b a handshake deal not to bid on Bowes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brissy will go hard at a crazy deal with Gold Coast because they interested in both Hanley and rocky
At the very least we should try. Picks 4 and 8 plus pick 6 likely for Prestia is a fair haul they have there. IF (big IF) we are set on losing Rocky and Hanley and IF (big IF again) Suns do want both, would be foolish not to try

By the way Hammelman went in that deal because he's not in our current best 30 players and wouldn't be in our best 36 after this years draft and trade period.

If we are trading Rocky purely for his off field issues, then surely Gold Coast would be close to the dumbest club to want to get him into their system with their track record on footy culture.

By the way Hammelman went in that deal because he's not in our current best 30 players and wouldn't be in our best 36 after this years draft and trade period.
Then why would we be including him in the trade? If he's not good enough to make our best 36 then adds nothing of interest to Gold Coast I would have thought.

Then why would we be including him in the trade? If he's not good enough to make our best 36 then adds nothing of interest to Gold Coast I would have thought.
Well, it does rhyme with Spannderman.

It is actually a bit hard to read all of these responses from Lions fans.. We are in the middle of a shitstorm at the moment and many think it would be a good idea to offload 2 of our senior players to the Suns.. really?
Where has the fierce determination to be rivals gone?

I understand they have great draft picks to offer and I love the draft silly season as much as the next person but surely we cant be happy about Rockliff and Hanley (Our 2 biggest public defenders of the club and the ones who have mentioned being indebted to the club for drafting them from outta nowhere on both occasions) going to GC..

If they are a culture issue, which I dont see (as a complete outsider but someone who studies our list very closely), then fair enough move them on. But if they are simply disgruntled being part of a poorly performing organisation and taking much of the blame for it, then keep them, get them motivated and push forward.

At the very least we should try. Picks 4 and 8 plus pick 6 likely for Prestia is a fair haul they have there. IF (big IF) we are set on losing Rocky and Hanley and IF (big IF again) Suns do want both, would be foolish not to try

Was reading somewhere..(think it may have been trade radio) One of the departing players manager stated that Suns want quality players in return for both O'Meara and Prestia..

It is actually a bit hard to read all of these responses from Lions fans.. We are in the middle of a shitstorm at the moment and many think it would be a good idea to offload 2 of our senior players to the Suns.. really?
Where has the fierce determination to be rivals gone?

I understand they have great draft picks to offer and I love the draft silly season as much as the next person but surely we cant be happy about Rockliff and Hanley (Our 2 biggest public defenders of the club and the ones who have mentioned being indebted to the club for drafting them from outta nowhere on both occasions) going to GC..

If they are a culture issue, which I dont see (as a complete outsider but someone who studies our list very closely), then fair enough move them on. But if they are simply disgruntled being part of a poorly performing organisation and taking much of the blame for it, then keep them, get them motivated and push forward.

It's the culture issue that is driving the speculation.

Am stunned about the hypotthetical trade value of Rocky around this board and on others. Pick in the late teens? 13 and a fringe player? Pick 6 or 8 if we are lucky with us sending something back? Seriously?

Rocky is a gun. A former All Australian who contributes week in and week out. Consistantly finds the ball and rarely wastes it. Delivers beutifully into the forward 50 and more than a handful around goal. Also tackles like a demon and regularly runs himself to the point of throwing up.

To think that is worth a punt on a kid such as Drew, Simpkin, SPP, Bolton, Scharenberg or Battle (all kids likely in the mix late in the first round) is a complete joke.

We paid 5, a second rounder and Crisp for Beams. Now arguably he is a better player than Rocky, but its not by a lot. In fact its largely his involvement in a premiership and top 8 side for a number of years that has cast him in a superior light.

If, and its a big if we are to trade Rocky it has to be for pick 6 minimum in my book and a sweetner. People can talk him down all they want but he is clearly an a grader with 5 or more years of quality football ahead of him.

Was reading somewhere..(think it may have been trade radio) One of the departing players manager stated that Suns want quality players in return for both O'Meara and Prestia..
Yeah heard similar, which is perhaps where the opportunity to get Rocky and Hanley involved in a multi-club trade is

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back