2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Am stunned about the hypotthetical trade value of Rocky around this board and on others. Pick in the late teens? 13 and a fringe player? Pick 6 or 8 if we are lucky with us sending something back? Seriously?

Rocky is a gun. A former All Australian who contributes week in and week out. Consistantly finds the ball and rarely wastes it. Delivers beutifully into the forward 50 and more than a handful around goal. Also tackles like a demon and regularly runs himself to the point of throwing up.

To think that is worth a punt on a kid such as Drew, Simpkin, SPP, Bolton, Scharenberg or Battle (all kids likely in the mix late in the first round) is a complete joke.

We paid 5, a second rounder and Crisp for Beams. Now arguably he is a better player than Rocky, but its not by a lot. In fact its largely his involvement in a premiership and top 8 side for a number of years that has cast him in a superior light.

If, and its a big if we are to trade Rocky it has to be for pick 6 minimum in my book and a sweetner. People can talk him down all they want but he is clearly an a grader with 5 or more years of quality football ahead of him.

It's the culture issue that's driving the low price!

The issue surrounding Hanley & Rockliff is not so much that they're both negative influences at the club. On their own, they're both great players and leaders, but together they've turned into somewhat of a cancer.

Rather than get rid of both, I'd like to see them split up. One of them goes. One of them stays. Give the remaining one an opportunity to pull their finger out and switch on with the new direction of the club.

To me, and I hate to say it, that sees Rockliff as the one to go. Hanley I think would smarten up, has his brother at the club, is more damaging when he has the ball, and has longer left on his contract. Rockliff would also probably have more currency.

I'm thinking we could trade Green for someone like Andrejs Everitt. Everitt is still uncontracted, but he's currently 27 years old. He can play down back, up forward and can even pinch hit in the ruck. Everitt could be a handy utility type player if we get injuries. I don't expect we will get much in return for Green.

I'm thinking we could trade Green for someone like Andrejs Everitt. Everitt is still uncontracted, but he's currently 27 years old. He can play down back, up forward and can even pinch hit in the ruck. Everitt could be a handy utility type player if we get injuries.

Think he got delisted or at least likely to be?

Edit: Not delisted at this stage

Yeah heard similar, which is perhaps where the opportunity to get Rocky and Hanley involved in a multi-club trade is

Dunno..got the feel from Noble presser, that is on hold that until the present football team bring him up to speed...if any trade is going to happen will have his mark of approval first..(starts around the 5 minute mark of the SEN interview)..He still has a feel for list management and what measurements we are using got the impression he was going to be sitting down with players first....His Mention of talks with Mark Evans before talking to Swann. may have been informed where our a PP was going to be...and to work around that...

I'm thinking we could trade Green for someone like Andrejs Everitt. Everitt is still uncontracted, but he's currently 27 years old. He can play down back, up forward and can even pinch hit in the ruck. Everitt could be a handy utility type player if we get injuries. I don't expect we will get much in return for Green.

No no no no - wash your mouth out.

We do not need more clubs fringe player rejects. I'd rather another 17yo kid on our list.

So where r we at today. Rocky to crows, Hanley to suns, Green to blues, Gardiner to a Melbourne based club most likely cats or saints. Dunn comes back our way, now after all that can we dream and say Tom Mitchell would have to be gettable if Rocky and Hanley go. One thing though is it just me or would Hanley struggle to get the money his on at the Lions elsewhere? Would that curtail any trade involving him

So where r we at today. Rocky to crows, Hanley to suns, Green to blues, Gardiner to a Melbourne based club most likely cats or saints. Dunn comes back our way, now after all that can we dream and say Tom Mitchell would have to be gettable if Rocky and Hanley go. One thing though is it just me or would Hanley struggle to get the money his on at the Lions elsewhere? Would that curtail any trade involving him

Yes, we need more 17 yo so we can lose by 70+ point every week. lol.

Ignorant comment.

We need to start all over again, go through the pain of a few tough seasons purely to blood more and more kids to build a force. GWS anyone? We've started that. Obviously we aren't going to be as good as them, nor as quickly. But we need to stop getting in list clogging duds.

Interestingly of all those names the one that irritates me is the prospect of Gardiner leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ignorant comment.

We need to start all over again, go through the pain of a few tough seasons purely to blood more and more kids to build a force. GWS anyone? We've started that. Obviously we aren't going to be as good as them, nor as quickly. But we need to stop getting in list clogging duds.

Where do we get 30 first round picks and priority access to unsigned footballers like GWS? Anyone?

How about GWS getting Brogan, Cornes, Power and MacDonald?

Ignorant comment.

It's not like we are going to get a early pick for Green. More like a 4th or 5th round pick, which will be used on Allison and Watson. In terms of list cloggers, we are chasing Silvagni and Dunn. I rate Everitt as a better prospect then those 2 players mentioned. Everitt can cover multiple key position posts if injuries occur and has better flexibility then Dunn or Silvagni have. Plus Everitt isn't injury prone and also a couple years younger then the other 2 blokes.

If your point is that we shouldn't chase list clogging duds or fringe players, then why are we chasing Dunn and Silvagni?

Last edited:
So Noble is looking over our list over the weekend and what mechanisms are in place.. no decision will be made on list management till the Coach is appointed.
I wouldn't spend too much time looking for the mechanisms.

It's not like we are going to get a early pick for Green. More like a 4th or 5th round pick, which will be used on Allison and Watson. In terms of list cloggers, we are chasing Silvagni and Dunn. I rate Everitt as a better prospect then those 2 players mentioned. Everitt can cover multiple key position posts if injuries occur and has better flexibility then Dunn or Silvagni have. Plus Everitt isn't injury prone and also a couple years younger then the other 2 blokes.

If your point is that we shouldn't chase list clogging duds or fringe players, then why are we chasing Dunn and Silvagni?

I never said we should chase those two. I agree, we shouldn't be going after them. Especially Dunn. But Everitt has been tried and is nothing more than a fringe player who plays when there are injuries.

Go to the draft, even if we get pick 40 for Green. Use it for a kid. It's the only way to improve, by getting in hopefuls. Not proven duds.

Where do we get 30 first round picks and priority access to unsigned footballers like GWS? Anyone?

How about GWS getting Brogan, Cornes, Power and MacDonald?

Hence why I said it's not going to be as quickly, we don't have the picks. We do have access to signing uncontracted players. Through free agency. They just don't want to come. We also have our academy. Go to that well, and the draft. Not through signing players that can't get games at clubs that aren't playing finals. They're nothing more than list cloggers.

Geelong are chasing some outside run and have been linked to Delidio and Wells. I heard you can throw Hanley into that mix as well. Not sure what we would be able to get from Geelong if they went after him pick wise.

Ive also seen a trade that's gaining momentum that a 3 team trade between Crows, GC and Richmond.

Dustin Martin to Adelaide for Tom Lynch and pick 13; pick 13 to Port Adelaide for Hamish Hartlett; Hartlett to Gold Coast; Dion Prestia to Richmond.

This would be interesting as it would effect any trades between us and GC for Hanley and Adelaide for Rockliff.

Ive also seen a trade that's gaining momentum that a 3 team trade between Crows, GC and Richmond.

Dustin Martin to Adelaide for Tom Lynch and pick 13; pick 13 to Port Adelaide for Hamish Hartlett; Hartlett to Gold Coast; Dion Prestia to Richmond.

This would be interesting as it would effect any trades between us and GC for Hanley and Adelaide for Rockliff.
richmond is making out like bandits there

very unlikely

I wouldn't spend too much time looking for the mechanisms.

He wont be looking for them..but what is in place...e.g.. Said player departing has net worth and quality.. whats the immediate return and is that best value!!

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back