2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

What we need to do is get Josh Green to change his name to Tom Lynch. In which case the conversation will be "which Tom Lynch" "The Queensland One" "OK throw the kitchen sink at him".

When Green shows up it will be "hmmm, thought he would be taller"

Last edited:

What we need to do is get Josh Green to change his name to Tom Lynch. In which case the conversation will be "which Tom Lynch" "The Queensland One" "OK throw the kitchen sink at him".

When Green shows up it will "hmmm, thought he would be taller"

"The weight seems accurate though".

When Green shows up it will "hmmm, thought he would be taller"
And if that doesn't work we can say OK, his name's not Lynch, it's Green, Toby Green.

Spoke to a source I consider reliable today. Rocky gone, Hanley likely to go - no shocks there. What shocked me is they are apparently considering putting out feelers for Rich and if a good offer came along they'd trade him. That to me doesn't seem right as surely we wouldn't get rid of all three.

Spoke to a source I consider reliable today. Rocky gone, Hanley likely to go - no shocks there. What shocked me is they are apparently considering putting out feelers for Rich and if a good offer came along they'd trade him. That to me doesn't seem right as surely we wouldn't get rid of all three.

would gives us a heap of picks for the draft to truely rebuild with Talent... get some free oldies to gap fill like the GWS did. Imagine the attention Rich would get if both Rockliff & Hanley left... he would be crazy to stay

Rich would have to agree to a move, Freo ? Or the Eagles... He would be all Australian in the Eagles team

Cannot trade all our experienced players ! Christ we have few as it is , yea trade rocky if he is being a negative , maybe Hanley if he isn't committed but rich ! No way !. Even with a new coach and direction ! Rich stays for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who doesn't want to trade 2 of our best players who have been drafted to the club and been loyal for 7+ years?

On field they were both down this year, Hanley was hard to watch at times.. but surely we are in no position to be kicking our best players out the door.. This isn't FIFA.. you cant just trade in and out whenever and keep a solid culture at the club.

If they want out, that is another issue all together and yeah we should try and get best value.. but to trade either of them now off the back of season 2016 would be pretty poor in my opinion..

I just hope we get a coach in that will make them feel apart of the club and wanting to contribute.. A motivated Hanley and Rockliff will go along way to us climbing the ladder.
Agree totally .... It's the motivated side I really worry about with Hanley. If he can, he is very dangerous and can help win games, just lost lots of faith in him this year. Love to see him firing with a fit Beams and Rocky.

I don't want to support an under 21 team so bit concerned by that!

I wonder what we would have done differently in this years trade period had Leppa kept his job.

Letting go of Rich would be crazy unless we get a crazy offer in return. Not saying that won't happen, but as rumours on this board go he's a cleanskin. I get accepting cents on the dollar for culture (TM) but a fire sale is awful - look at Melbourne.

Letting go of Rich would be crazy unless we get a crazy offer in return. Not saying that won't happen, but as rumours on this board go he's a cleanskin. I get accepting cents on the dollar for culture (TM) but a fire sale is awful - look at Melbourne.
Cleanskin? Need I remind you of Kebab Gate....

If we lose Rocky or Hanley I'd be OK with a high draft pick. If we lose both we need a best 22 player at least for one of them.

I don't think we would be shopping Rich around but apart from players like Beams and Zorko, the rest of our top players should be available if an offer too good to refuse comes along.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back