List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard we want the picks for Prestia because we're going to have to match bids for 2 academy players, so I think pick 6 straight up is a pretty good deal for both teams. would much rather a guaranteed young gun than just 1 draft pick, which doesn't guarantee a good player anyway (think Think Oakley-Nicholls at pick 8, Tambling at pick 4, Conca at pick 6, Vickery at pick 8, and Lennon at pick 12). Richmond will end up with plenty of 2nd rounders being bought in from the trades of Vickery, Conca and Lennon so it wont matter.
Go **** yourself :rainbow:

Let's face it, it won't be possible to improve our list to the point where we are competitive with gws any time in the next 4 years based on the sheer volume of talent they have and the cost of bringing established talent from other clubs to support what already exists at punt road, so for shits and giggles I've had a crack at what we could hypothetically achieve if we undertook the most ballsy list regeneration in modern afl history...

Trade Rance to Brisbane in return for pick 2 & 20

Trade Cotchin to Gold Coast for Prestia & pick 8

Trade Martin to GWS for Marchbank & pick 7

Trade Deledio to Sydney for pick 16 & Nankervis

Trade Riewoldt to Bulldogs for pick 13 and next years 1st

Get pick 25 as comp for vickery

Trade Lennon to Carlton for Pick 23

Conca to Freo for pick 39

Trade Brandon Ellis to Essendon for pick 19

Trade Titch to Hawthorn for pick 34

Delist the remaining uncontracted players and hit the draft with:

Picks 2,6,7,8,13,16,19,20,23,25,34,39,42 + Prestia & Marchbank & an extra 1st rounder for next year.

14 picks inside 42 plus we still have Vlastuin, Rioli, Markov, Short, Castagna, Ellis, Menadue & Drummond as young talent on the list. Invest in development and we might actually have a chance in 2021/22.

Right now I'd take this strategy & some serious thumpings in the next 24 months than maintaining the status quo and finishing 6-12th for the next 10 years...
I hate this idea, very much, but apart from Martin which I would keep, I do see your point if you add this with a new coach(s) in charge.

Let's face it, it won't be possible to improve our list to the point where we are competitive with gws any time in the next 4 years based on the sheer volume of talent they have and the cost of bringing established talent from other clubs to support what already exists at punt road, so for shits and giggles I've had a crack at what we could hypothetically achieve if we undertook the most ballsy list regeneration in modern afl history...

Picks 2,6,7,8,13,16,19,20,23,25,34,39,42 + Prestia & Marchbank & an extra 1st rounder for next year.

14 picks inside 42 plus we still have Vlastuin, Rioli, Markov, Short, Castagna, Ellis, Menadue & Drummond as young talent on the list. Invest in development and we might actually have a chance in 2021/22.

Right now I'd take this strategy & some serious thumpings in the next 24 months than maintaining the status quo and finishing 6-12th for the next 10 years...
If we did this I would stop following AFL
We'd be lucky for those draft picks to be half as good as the players leaving
Rance is worth a lot more than 2 & 20
Also what's the point of trading away Martin (25 yo) and trading for Prestia (23 yo)? 2 years of age is hardly a big difference

Not sure your serious mate, are you?

Witts, Hampson and Nankervis can compare notes on who has the best impersonation of a football nonentity

Seriously do you expect Gawn to just wander over to us? Clubs are not gonna let top rucks go. I thought Nakervis did ok when given opportunity this year. He's strong and physical. If be happy picking him up.

Nankervis can tap well and he knows how to fire the hot handball out to his better ball using mids. Not a bad get and probably provides better options than Hampson apart from the forward line which wasn't seeing the resting ruck role too much this season anyway.

Can someone clarify for me if a player out of contract (Prestia) requests a trade and nominates a club - can the original club (Suns) trade that player to a different club against their will. Or does the player retain the right to reject another club and nominate for the draft.

No , all 3 parties need to agree to the trade. In the NBA i'm pretty sure a player doesn't have a say in it though

2014-09-18-12-01-17-1949248048.jpeg

To clarify I wasn't suggesting that the club would ever do this, just wanted to do some hypothetical analysis of what we could get if we went to the absolute extreme with trading the players that have real currency. FWIW if you look to last year and we had these picks and our recruiters made the same decisions other clubs did, we would have the following players:
2: Shache
6: Francis
7: Hopper
8: Ah Chee
13: Kennedy
16: Himmelberg
19: burton
20: Fiorini
23: Cunningham
25: Dunkley
34: Schoenfeld
39: Mathieson
42: King
+ Marchbank & Prestia

And that was with some conservative results for what we would get in a trade for our stars.

Definitely not saying I'm right but thought I'd start a conversation on something other than Motlop or Hartlett in this thread...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big no for Nankervis. Even his bio on the Swans website described him as "not overly mobile but hard working". Pretty sure that's code for campaigner.
we need campaigner in our list....did you see the blood shed in the Gee vs Haw, Syd vs GWS? Wouldn't mind some one from the charcoal & mustard dishing it out for a change

Hammer is doing OK. Why try to replace him with someone not even as talented?? Young ruck, Yes!! Otherwise stay with what we have and suck it up until Soldo matures. Plus try to get another young ruck.

Hammer is doing OK. Why try to replace him with someone not even as talented?? Young ruck, Yes!! Otherwise stay with what we have and suck it up until Soldo matures. Plus try to get another young ruck.
Hannath from Freo will come cheap if not free.25yr old.Back up for Hammer.
If we can somehow snag another 1st rounder and keep 6,I'd look at drafting English if he,s still avail.

To clarify I wasn't suggesting that the club would ever do this, just wanted to do some hypothetical analysis of what we could get if we went to the absolute extreme with trading the players that have real currency. FWIW if you look to last year and we had these picks and our recruiters made the same decisions other clubs did, we would have the following players:
2: Shache
6: Francis
7: Hopper
8: Ah Chee
13: Kennedy
16: Himmelberg
19: burton
20: Fiorini
23: Cunningham
25: Dunkley
34: Schoenfeld
39: Mathieson
42: King
+ Marchbank & Prestia

And that was with some conservative results for what we would get in a trade for our stars.

Definitely not saying I'm right but thought I'd start a conversation on something other than Motlop or Hartlett in this thread...
I don't even know where to begin with this. For starters; Hopper, Kennedy & Himmelberg are all academy players, which GWS were always going to bid on.
Secondly, Dusty for 7 (Hopper) & Marchbank is the worst trade I have ever heard.

Mark Rucciuto was on radio here this morning saying there are whispres around on the weekend that we might be willing to trade out Cotchin...

He did go on to say he highly doubts it would happen, but it was in and around the AFL traps on the weekend

Mark Rucciuto was on radio here this morning saying there are whispres around on the weekend that we might be willing to trade out Cotchin...

He did go on to say he highly doubts it would happen, but it was in and around the AFL traps on the weekend
would do hope it happens. been shit for years

cash in

These rumours just go from bad to worse.
First Deledio, then Riewoldt and now Cotchin.
We might as well just trade out Martin and Rance too while we're at it.

And then fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back