List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 4 - Toby Nankervis asks for trade to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah, tl'dr plz

Vickery gone to Hawks. We get pick 26 compo.

Deledio might be Geelong bound but we aren't interested in Fatlop.

We are interested in Toby nankervis.

Vickery gone to Hawks. We get pick 26 compo.

Deledio might be Geelong bound but we aren't interested in Fatlop.

We are interested in Toby nankervis.
So what we all assumed then?

That is good, that means we will also get Fyfe

A variation of a trade I saw on here:

Trade 1
Lids and 62 to Geelong
Motlop and 26 to Port
9 and 54 to RFC

Explanation of the later pick swap to come... I really like that deal. Can we make that happen. Assuming Port want Motlop.... would that be fair for all teams?

Trade 2
Then maybe we could trade 6 + Miles/Ellis/Titch + Lennon/Batch/someone else to Gold Coast for 4 and Prestia. Haven't quite worked out if that is fair yet.

If that doesn't work, then offer 2017 first rounder for Prestia and a 2016 second rounder (earlier the better, let's say 23 - ask for 22, they start with 25 and we agree on 23).

Trade 3
Trade 44 to Sydney for Nankervis or
Whoever we didn't trade to GC out of Miles/Titch to Sydney for Nankervis and Sydney 2nd rounder (35ish). Offer 62 as a sweetener if required.

Trade 4
Then trade pick 9 and 35 (ish) + 54 for 15 & 16 (about the same number of points, slight gain to GWS) which GWS could use on Setterfield or whoever they want from the academy).

Option 1: Go to the draft with 4, 15, 16, 44 (if we lose one of Miles/Titch to Sydney) or if we don't.... 6, 15, 16.
Pick ups: Prestia, Nankervis, 15, 16
Losses: Lids, Vickery 26, swaps of other picks, possibly 1 of Miles/Titch/Ellis and 1 of Lennon/Batch.

Still have all of our 2017 picks as well in that scenario

Option 2: Go to the draft with 6, 15, 16, 23, 44 (if we lose one of Miles/Titch to Sydney) or if we don't.... 6, 15, 16, 23
Gains: Prestia, Nankervis, 15, 16, 23
Losses: Lids, Vickery 26, 2017 first rounder

Falls over if Port don't want Motlop or want more than 26. We could promise to help them by giving them 22/23/25 for 26 if we get it as a part of the Prestia deal (scenario 2).

Complicated but thoughts?

Last edited:
Ch7 reported Lids on 800k tonight and that it could be a sticking point with potential deals.
Seemed excessive to me but no idea how his contract is structured

Lids is on a five year deal worth 3.5 to 4 million. Average that out it works out to be 800k per year, this will be where they got that crap from.

Truth is, we front loaded the contract as we had to go from 92.5% to 95% in the salary cap. Paid him close to a million first year in 2013 and on a sliding scale since. I believe his 2017 salary is closer to half what is reported, more like 400k to 450k.

hqdefault.jpg

I've got two questions. One: Where's the Fyfe? Two: Give me the Fyfe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wouldn't get a top 4 pick anyways. We will finish better next season than this season. Take that to the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If don't share your confidence, holes in our list everywhere with a game style our group can't execute. Prestia will need to be good if we are to cover Deledio. Yarran looking unlikely still, out KPF stocks now sit at two with Jack & Griff. KPD almost as bad. Ruck stocks very low so nankervis or whoever better be okay. I don't think we have bottomed out yet.

Currently we have 6 26 44 62

For those looking at the points value of the above scenarios.
11 & 26 = 2058 to 22 & 23 = 1660. So Lennon and and 398 points equates to Prestias value.

22 & 23 = 1660 to pick 7 =1644 so the Giants actually improve their points total.

With picks 6 & 7 we could add both Brodie and Taranto, losing Deledio at the end of his career and Lennon who just hasn't come on for a couple of potential 10-12 year types and Prestia who can play for another 7-10 years also really rejuvenates the list moving forward.

With 6 and 7 (and 44 or 62), I'd trade GC for 4 and 8. Points loss for us but gives them a fair chance at them getting Bowes (maybe we'd agree not to bid on him) and a kid and us getting Brodie/Taranto and another very good kid (Scrimshaw/Logue/Ainsworth)

That time of year again, where having a mate in the industry makes life a little more interesting for a few days.

As always, happy to pass on what I hear - this particular mate wouldn't tell me anything that would jeopardise anything. That being said, he reckons so far this year the usual leaks from within Tigerland have dried up considerably. (Interesting in itself, if you ask me).

Anyway, feel free to take the following however you want - just remember there are no guarantees in life.

1. Bit of a disconnect between the club and Lids. The club didn't initiate trade talk, weren't really expecting him to consider leaving, prefer him to stay, but won't stand in his way if fair value can be achieved. Lots of water still to flow under that particular bridge.

2. From a list management perspective, there's real concern about our depth, or severe lack thereof, when it comes to KPPs at either end. Expect some movement here, but not confident on getting what we need with the currency we have to work with. (Hence Maric's 1 year deal). And yes, some interest in Nankervis. Not red hot on him though.

3. Prestia deal will get done, but the details will depend on how the landscape evolves. Both clubs being realistic, and are willing to be patient to ensure the best mutually beneficial deal gets done.

4. Adding ball-winning midfielders remains a priority for any early draft picks obtained/retained. The club is open to trading for mature players if the price is right. Speed less important than tank and grunt when it comes to mature recruits, as we have a lot of faith in our more recently drafted kids to play outside roles. My mate mentioned Barlow as a hypothetical example.

5. Don't expect any bigger names than Prestia to be joining us. We're not going out of our way to throw money at marquee players. We're more interested in spreading our available cap space on building/upgrading our second tier to support our existing headline talent. The club is painfully aware of how quickly our talent profile drops away after our top 5 or 6, and don't want to wait three years for our draftees to fix it organically.

...and that's about it, so far. Still very early days I guess.

Anyway, as always if I hear any details, names, whatever as the clubs wheel and deal, I'll pass on what I can.

Ok going to put this in point form, easier to post that way.

• Lids, like i said a month or so ago. We will not exchange him for fatlop. Glad that has been confirmed now as those opposition supporters rolling tiger alt accounts to suggest it can stop. Risk of repeating myself, Lids will only be traded for a first round pick. I had assumed its pick 10 or better but a bloke i trust mentioned 15 or higher so i bow to his sage knowledge. If we cant get that pick, lids will stay. A lot of this is because we refused to offer a 2 contract extension where as the cats will give Lids 3 years.
We wanted to see how lids went next year before opening contract talks. That is just what i heard.
  • I mentioned a while ago that Conca will be shopped to the Sydney and plan B is that he would stay. Looks like plan B will happen. Personally I am happy with that. I just hope its a year with a bonus year based on games played and Dan just added both up when he mentioned 2 years.

• Prestia, we are doing everything we can to hold onto 6. We have offered next years first but they want players this year, so that is the stumbling block. It is one reason we are OK to trade lids if we can get a first round pick as my bet if we get say pick 15 we will offer that. What we also want to do is offer them a player to obtain a second round selection, Lennon looks likely but is doubtful to happen as not many need his type this year.

• Toby from the swans. It looks likely as we lead the race but he is deciding if he stays or goes. We will know soon. If he decides he wants to come to us, then I still think we may offer a player to get it done, which player is the 100 dollar question but wont know more till Toby decides...picking a player now is just guess work.

Now a lot of the above is very similar to what i posted a month or so ago. I expected that as I knew my mail at that time was strong, more new stuff, if it comes will start to filter as the serious talking happens.
Does this mean they are not necessarily even after pick 6?

A variation of a trade I saw on here:

Trade 1
Lids and 62 to Geelong
Motlop and 26 to Port
9 and 54 to RFC

Explanation of the later pick swap to come... I really like that deal. Can we make that happen. Assuming Port want Motlop.... would that be fair for all teams?

Trade 2
Then maybe we could trade 6 + Miles/Ellis/Titch + Lennon/Batch/someone else to Gold Coast for 4 and Prestia. Haven't quite worked out if that is fair yet.

If that doesn't work, then offer 2017 first rounder for Prestia and a 2016 second rounder (earlier the better, let's say 23 - ask for 22, they start with 25 and we agree on 23).

Trade 3
Trade 44 to Sydney for Nankervis or
Whoever we didn't trade to GC out of Miles/Titch to Sydney for Nankervis and Sydney 2nd rounder (35ish). Offer 62 as a sweetener if required.

Trade 4
Then trade pick 9 and 35 (ish) + 54 for 15 & 16 (about the same number of points, slight gain to GWS) which GWS could use on Setterfield or whoever they want from the academy).

Option 1: Go to the draft with 6, 15, 16, 44 (if we lose one of Miles/Titch to Sydney) or if we don't.... 6, 15, 16.
Pick ups: Prestia, Nankervis, 15, 16
Losses: Lids, Vickery 26, swaps of other picks, possibly 1 of Miles/Titch/Ellis and 1 of Lennon/Batch.

Still have all of our 2017 picks as well in that scenario

Option 2: Go to the draft with 6, 15, 16, 23, 44 (if we lose one of Miles/Titch to Sydney) or if we don't.... 6, 15, 16, 23
Gains: Prestia, Nankervis, 15, 16, 23
Losses: Lids, Vickery 26, 2017 first rounder

Falls over if Port don't want Motlop or want more than 26. We could promise to help them by giving them 22/23/25 for 26 if we get it as a part of the Prestia deal (scenario 2).

Complicated but thoughts?
Waaaayyyyy to much time on your hands....buy a puppy :D

Of what you know (assuming you haven't posted everything, because there would obviously be some you can't) has anything really stood out and made you go "wow, that's impressive"?

That time of year again, where having a mate in the industry makes life a little more interesting for a few days.

As always, happy to pass on what I hear - this particular mate wouldn't tell me anything that would jeopardise anything. That being said, he reckons so far this year the usual leaks from within Tigerland have dried up considerably. (Interesting in itself, if you ask me).

Anyway, feel free to take the following however you want - just remember there are no guarantees in life.

1. Bit of a disconnect between the club and Lids. The club didn't initiate trade talk, weren't really expecting him to consider leaving, prefer him to stay, but won't stand in his way if fair value can be achieved. Lots of water still to flow under that particular bridge.

2. From a list management perspective, there's real concern about our depth, or severe lack thereof, when it comes to KPPs at either end. Expect some movement here, but not confident on getting what we need with the currency we have to work with. (Hence Maric's 1 year deal). And yes, some interest in Nankervis. Not red hot on him though.

3. Prestia deal will get done, but the details will depend on how the landscape evolves. Both clubs being realistic, and are willing to be patient to ensure the best mutually beneficial deal gets done.

4. Adding ball-winning midfielders remains a priority for any early draft picks obtained/retained. The club is open to trading for mature players if the price is right. Speed less important than tank and grunt when it comes to mature recruits, as we have a lot of faith in our more recently drafted kids to play outside roles. My mate mentioned Barlow as a hypothetical example.

5. Don't expect any bigger names than Prestia to be joining us. We're not going out of our way to throw money at marquee players. We're more interested in spreading our available cap space on building/upgrading our second tier to support our existing headline talent. The club is painfully aware of how quickly our talent profile drops away after our top 5 or 6, and don't want to wait three years for our draftees to fix it organically.

...and that's about it, so far. Still very early days I guess.

Anyway, as always if I hear any details, names, whatever as the clubs wheel and deal, I'll pass on what I can.

So when are we getting Fyfe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back