List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brett Anderson has two bolters he thinks go top 10:
Aiden Bonar, 190cm, 89kg, utility
Nathan Murphy, 188cm, 84kg, utility

Both expected to become midfielders at afl level. Bonar has some real athleticism & pace. Right in that pick 7/8 mix or could even push up to allow blokes like LDU or Cerra to slide.
If we are going to erect something special at the Saints. A Bonar would be ideal.

Brett Anderson has two bolters he thinks go top 10:
Aiden Bonar, 190cm, 89kg, utility
Nathan Murphy, 188cm, 84kg, utility

Both expected to become midfielders at afl level. Bonar has some real athleticism & pace. Right in that pick 7/8 mix or could even push up to allow blokes like LDU or Cerra to slide.
Bonar has had two back to back ACL's. Could be a good player yes but recurring ACL's is a worry at his age. Morabito anyone...

If we take Jarrod Brander with Pick 7 , I will celebrate for a week. Sure as my backside points to the ground , this kid will be a star.
Collingwood will take Brander likely and I doubt we take him if he falls to #7. Run your eyes over Collingwoods list and you will see how desperate for Key position Players they are up forward especially. Young Moore the only recognised key forward with Mason Cox I guess then u have Lynden Dunn (Demons reject), Henry Schade and the injury prone Reid down back. They have a weak spine, worst in AFL, surely take Brander unless they rate Naughton more as a player but whispers Freo like Naughton also. Best case Scenario for us is Freo and Pies take Naughton and Brander at #5 and #6 so we have an open look at Coffield, Stephenson, Fogarty, Clark ect...Midfielders we need

Jake Lever is the flavour of the month with his ability to read play, intercept marking and at 195cm play tall or small with good agility, so valuable, look at what Robbo does for us, he is arguably our most important player. Naughton is a similiar player to Lever at 194cm he reads the play and takes intercept marks also at WAFL level. WA boy also so Freo getting a real good look at him, need to replace Michael Johnson turning 34 Next year. Griffin Lougue only 189cm and Hammeling other key defender. Freo can sure up there Defence for Next 10 years here even though they also need a ruck to replace Sandilands and more Midfield depth. This is there Jake Lever moment, Naughton #5. Collingwood would be irresponsible to not go tall but I wouldnt be surprised if they dog us and take someone like Coffield because they see something special in him. Remember Pendlebury a surprise at #5 in 2005 when predicted 10-20 range.

St Kilda -
#7 Stephenson
#8 Coffield

Collingwood will take Brander likely and I doubt we take him if he falls to #7. Run your eyes over Collingwoods list and you will see how desperate for Key position Players they are up forward especially. Young Moore the only recognised key forward with Mason Cox I guess then u have Lynden Dunn (Demons reject), Henry Schade and the injury prone Reid down back. They have a weak spine, worst in AFL, surely take Brander unless they rate Naughton more as a player but whispers Freo like Naughton also. Best case Scenario for us is Freo and Pies take Naughton and Brander at #5 and #6 so we have an open look at Coffield, Stephenson, Fogarty, Clark ect...Midfielders we need

Jake Lever is the flavour of the month with his ability to read play, intercept marking and at 195cm play tall or small with good agility, so valuable, look at what Robbo does for us, he is arguably our most important player. Naughton is a similiar player to Lever at 194cm he reads the play and takes intercept marks also at WAFL level. WA boy also so Freo getting a real good look at him, need to replace Michael Johnson turning 34 Next year. Griffin Lougue only 189cm and Hammeling other key defender. Freo can sure up there Defence for Next 10 years here even though they also need a ruck to replace Sandilands and more Midfield depth. This is there Jake Lever moment, Naughton #5. Collingwood would be irresponsible to not go tall but I wouldnt be surprised if they dog us and take someone like Coffield because they see something special in him. Remember Pendlebury a surprise at #5 in 2005 when predicted 10-20 range.

St Kilda -
#7 Stephenson
#8 Coffield
If we get coffield il get a bonar that's for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Bonar get up for each game ? I hear he plays in spurts and sometimes when defending , he can fill the wrong hole.

My mail on Bonar is he's more than happy to take his turn and drop into the hole occasionally as long as there are no big Plugger/Dixon/Cox types around the area already.

Last edited:
Heard he's a bit of a knob who can never get more than two hard ball gets, and often goes missing in the cold. Creates very few scoring opportunities, and tends to overuse the handball. Strong tackle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Heard he's a bit of a knob who can never get more than two hard ball gets, and often goes missing in the cold. Very few scoring opportunities, and tends to overuse the handball. Strong tackle though.

Shocking in the cold but loves it wet does Bonar.

Heard he's a bit of a knob who can never get more than two hard ball gets, and often goes missing in the cold. Creates very few scoring opportunities, and tends to overuse the handball. Strong tackle though.

Heard he also sprays it everywhere when unloading from distance from the back half

St Kilda -
#7 Stephenson
#8 Coffield
Stephenson and Coffield is my dream result if we keep both picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back