2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide should put a media ban on Tex. Bloke can’t help but put his foot in his mouth. I’d almost feel sorry for Lever but for the fact he’ll have $700k a year to completely disregard Walkers comments.
Tex: "I didn't have a crack at him (Lever) ... I think it's him choosing money over success" :rolleyes:

What about McKenzie, Newnes & Gilbert? That is at least 7 blokes whose best position is a bank flank. We only have 2 spots available. How are we supposed to get development into blokes like White, McKenzie and Rice?

I am concerned Richo and co overestimate where we are at. As such they are going to revert to playing the standard combo that consists of Gilbo, Newnes, Robbo, Geary thinking we are thereabouts. Savage & Webster are next in line, with all the kids the next rung down after that.

We constructed the list in this fashion and it certainly will not help the careers of the young blokes mentioned above playing at some junior sized shitheap in gale force winds every 2nd week.
Maybe the kids need to demand a game by killing it at Sandy?

Actually seems right on the ball and a pretty fair comment from Tex.

On K107 using BigFooty.com mobile app
To be honest, after what Tex dished up on Grand Final Day as the leader of that club, he should be worrying about his own backyard rather than giving a kid who actually had a go a hard time about wanting to be properly compensated for his talents. And if Adelaide couldn't get it done this year its is unlikely they will in the future once Cameron and Lever are gone, so what success does he speak of? Melb look every bit a chance of success as Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To ask a dumb question, is it worth catching up on the last 20 odd pages? Or is it just tumbleweed

I generally skip to the end and see if there's anything important being said, if so, work my way backwards. But most of the time it's just the same people squabbling, folks melting about 'what might happen but hasn't yet', folks froffing about what they hope to happen and then everyone else getting all triggered.

Personally I liked it better when it was all Em Rata gifs and It's Happening Guy gifs.

I generally skip to the end and see if there's anything important being said, if so, work my way backwards. But most of the time it's just the same people squabbling, folks melting about 'what might happen but hasn't yet', folks froffing about what they hope to happen and then everyone else getting all triggered.

Personally I liked it better when it was all Em Rata gifs and It's Happening Guy gifs.

There'd totally be a new thread made if anything exciting happened too. So you can kind of predict what's happened.

To be honest, after what Tex dished up on Grand Final Day as the leader of that club, he should be worrying about his own backyard rather than giving a kid who actually had a go a hard time about wanting to be properly compensated for his talents. And if Adelaide couldn't get it done this year its is unlikely they will in the future once Cameron and Lever are gone, so what success does he speak of? Melb look every bit a chance of success as Adelaide.
Lever has chosen money. I'm not critical of him - but like Tex - its just stating a fact.

Tex is captain, knows he played poorly in a GF, wants to keep the side together to have another crack.

What else would you want him to say - bad luck, we had a go, we failed, everyone can now go home because we are crap!!!

Read the whole interview rather than the headlines - Walker praised Lever for his commitment all year but then stated the obvious.

I would have liked Rockliff with all this spare dough we have... be much easier to convince people to come to us in the next two years if we are playing and winning finals.

Rayner 11.5 beep apparently

even dusty had a 14.1 beep test

problem for rayner which i touched on numerous times this year is he doesnt have the body of work of say a petracca (also had a poor beep test) up forward. i think its burst inside mid or bust for him and i'm not sure he will ever be that at AFL level

i think he slides now. wont be taken pick 1. should still go top 5 though. probs wont go past norths pick. sucks to be them

I' m in Greece at the moment (9.00 am is mid afternoon in Aus) so I'm really lucky - I get to check trade tracker and then know that SFA happened.

Makes for a quick read!!!!

Not so from next Tuesday when it will be constant refresh!!!

problem for rayner which i touched on numerous times this year is he doesnt have the body of work of say a petracca (also had a poor beep test) up forward. i think its burst inside mid or bust for him and i'm not sure he will ever be that at AFL level

i think he slides now. wont be taken pick 1
I remember Petracca averaging around 25 touches a game during the championships, was mainly a midfielder.
Endurance would have been superior to Rayner.

Its a big issue, but surely with his strong character he can fix it.

i think he slides now. wont be taken pick 1. should still go top 5 though. probs wont go past norths pick. sucks to be them
Wouldn't surprise me if Rayner lasted til our picks after that.
Seems recruiters are fickle bunch

This is like the time we picked McCartin . A stkilda supporter named there racehorse Petracca FFS, then they watered us down the week before with this comical talk of getting McCartin

This year is similar, watered us down the last week with we're going to the draft. So it's a rebuild now. We endured 6 years of utter mediocrity , making astute moneyball picks, Ameet scrounging extra point by point at the trade table , having Hawthorn throwing us laughable trades in our favour, all ready for us to pounce on some big names . The time comes and we're going for kids, another 5-6 years before they're any good. Thank god for North

I feel better now

Have we got Kelly yet?

Melt time.

This and all of the other 4 million posts similar to this are complete and utter bull****.

Not one of the Elite, A Grade, life changing midfielders wanted to leave their clubs, we were into them, clearly offered them deals but that didn't sway them and they decided to stay put.

WHAT ELSE CAN THE CLUB DO?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HELP?

Why not go and purchase a gun and go grab Josh Kelly, hold it to his head and ask him to sign with us. If Ameet is uncomfortable with this approach, get another gun and point it at him and tell him that it's happening.

The club clearly wanted to attack free agency but when nobody wants to leave, what are they supposed to do about it?

If you can't answer that question then there is no point in whining about it.

Our fall back plan has to be to go to the draft and try and draft our own talent.

Richmond didn't buy Cotchin, Rance, Martin and Riewoldt, the only A Graders on their list - they drafted them and developed them. None of the successful teams buy their wins, they build them.

Grow a team together that wants to win together and is willing to sacrifice millions of dollars per year to stay with their mates because they value winning together as a team more than the money.

Josh Kelly would put us closer to a premiership than not having him. But Billings, Gresham, Ross, Acres, maybe McCartin and many others being happy and wanting to be part of this team and not being tempted when another team throws money at them - that's the real key to premiership success.

Have a wonderful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back