List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. If the King boys or Lukiejsbfdjekdsous (Yep that's how you spell it) are best available assuming Rankine is gone then we take them. Throw in Thomas, this years pick 4 and potentially Scott, Crocker ect then we'll have done well out of that draft regardless of if we take a mid or tall with our first.

Schache is far from a sure thing, it just represents value at the moment because no one else is interested in him. Also suits our list profile ect ect.
If we get Schache and Max King we can send Brown back and play a back 6 of
B: Durdin McKay Tarrant
HB: Nielson Brown EVW

Would have been clearer if I separated them. Stringer and 4 should be out of the question, they've basically said he's a cancer on their group. They will get rid of him one way or the other.

Schache for 21 is overs, too. I have no problems with what he did, guy was clearly not in the best frame of mind and we make mistakes when we are young. But Brisbane say they don't want him so why go to any great lengths? If he's still their player by Monday they'll start taking whatever they can get for him, and it will be a lot later than pick 21.
totally agree with Stringer but I believe Schache is worth a shot & lets not forget clubs were offering him 700k mid year.. No doubt clubs are positioning themselves to get him cheaper than a second round.

Flabbergasted at lack of interest really!

Schache doesn't know if he is coming or going i can see why there would be lack of interest. I'd have my concerns to if i was another club.

Last edited:
We are not light on for young KPP's (who take a while to develop), the glaring hole on our list is for midfielders with pace and footskills, this should be priority No 1.

The one disclaimer is history suggests that not all KPPs will make it. If two of Durdin, McKay, Nielson, Larkey play 150-200 games then we have done exceptionally well

We are not light on for young KPP's (who take a while to develop), the glaring hole on our list is for midfielders with pace and footskills, this should be priority No 1.

I don't know I am firmly of the belief you cant have too many quality KPPs

The one disclaimer is history suggests that not all KPPs will make it. If two of Durdin, McKay, Nielson, Larkey play 150-200 games then we have done exceptionally well

Agreed, if that happens we'd be contending more often than not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know I am firmly of the belief you cant have too many quality KPPs
The last couple of years has seen the game develop to where the ultimate success is not dependant on an abundance of KPP's, they are going the way of the Dinosaurs, more than a couple is more hindrance than help.

The last couple of years has seen the game develop to where the ultimate success is not dependant on an abundance of KPP's, they are going the way of the Dinosaurs, more than a couple is more hindrance than help.

Yes and no, I generally feel the game has trends and the Tiger's formula will be replicated by all in sunbury but after that sets in and becomes the norm KPPs will be a tactic to counter it. Clearly the lumbering forward may not come back, but mobile big men will have a place in future footy.

Because trading for head-cases has been such a roaring success in the past.

If he actually is a head case, there might be other issues.

Well I would imagine he arrived at Arden St (either driven himself or driven by someone else...or maybe he caught the train? I digress). He would have been greeted by a staff member (potentially Joyce/McMahon/Scott or all three!) and shown the many facilities we have to offer (including the coveted the coffee cart).

Now, where is that sarcasm font?

When he arrived, were we all out, with a closed sign on the door?

#1, #2 and #3

Interesting comment from Connors re: Stringer...

Sounds like there might be other clubs in the mix if * can't get it done. Not sure we should be anywhere near it though, given we should be hanging onto picks. 4/44 for Stringer/9 would be possible but really I don't think he is worth us dropping out of the top five for. Would be a luxury player with baggage.

I'd only take Stringer, for Goldie, both fit the other teams' windows, both have issue, both could be superstars again, both could do with a kick in the arse, no way would I be letting 4 be part of the deal, maybe our round 4 pick if we are feeling extremely generous.

I'd only take Stringer, for Goldie, both fit the other teams' windows, both have issue, both could be superstars again, both could do with a kick in the arse, no way would I be letting 4 be part of the deal, maybe our round 4 pick if we are feeling extremely generous.

I know you would, but I think we've already established you would only take trades that other teams clearly wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back