Preview 2018 1st Qualifying Final: Richmond v Hawthorn, 6 September 2018, 7.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks brothers and sisters, let us unite and rejoice that Ray will not be umpiring tomorrow night.
We can all enjoy the game a little more now.

This list is good. I think Howe will start on the bench, however, and Ceglar will replace Schoey at CHF. Nine and a half hours until we find out.

Unlike Frawley, Sicily and Ceglar Howe inclusion is not certain but if he does come in then Shoenmakers will miss. I'd be surprised if this is not the exact team named later today.

You can bet on the following changes:
In: Sicily, Frawley, Howe, Ceglar
Out: Brand, Mirra, Miles, Nash or Shoey?

Only question who do you take out of Nash or Shoey in a big final?

Alternatively, if they both stay in the side then Ceglar misses.

Shoey is a role player, I think he is judged on internal kpi's within the club, not the usual ones we see... Even though he doesn't trouble the stats sheet, his opponent doesn't have an influence either... Do we trust him to keep Rance engaged?

You can bet on the following changes:
In: Sicily, Frawley, Howe, Ceglar
Out: Brand, Mirra, Miles, Nash or Shoey?

Only question who do you take out of Nash or Shoey in a big final?

Alternatively, if they both stay in the side then Ceglar misses.

Shoey is a role player, I think he is judged on internal kpi's within the club, not the usual ones we see... Even though he doesn't trouble the stats sheet, his opponent doesn't have an influence either... Do we trust him to keep Rance engaged?

Winning the ball in the air with contested marks has a massive impact on the Tigers game style (refer their loss to the Eagles) which is why Ceglar is almost first picked for this match and all finals. Ceglar is also an excellent ruck-man so Shoenmakers perceived role/s pales in comparison - and Rance will have little impact assuming we don't bomb the ball into our forward 50...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winning the ball in the air with contested marks has a massive impact on the Tigers game style (refer their loss to the Eagles) which is why Ceglar is almost first picked for this match and all finals. Ceglar is also an excellent ruck-man so Shoenmakers perceived role/s pales in comparison - and Rance will have little impact assuming we don't bomb the ball into our forward 50...

I totally agree, Ceglar should be picked - Hopefully that allows McEvoy to spend time forward, and we can exploit Grigg as their 2nd ruckman.

Regarding bombing the ball, I think that will be Tigers aim - not allow us to take uncontested marks and apply pressure forcing us to do just that, just like in Round 3.

chip,Sicily,howe in

miles,brand,mirra out

if ceglar is in nash out

I could be wrong but I think Nash will keep his spot and Shoenmakers will unluckily miss. There is unknown quality about Nash that will be a concern for the Tigers whereas they know who to match up on Shoenmakers and what he can/can't do....

I could be wrong but I think Nash will keep his spot and Shoenmakers will unluckily miss. There is unknown quality about Nash that will be a concern for the Tigers whereas they know who to match up on Shoenmakers and what he can/can't do....

nope experience wins this one and the fact Nash is a horrible kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back