Preview 2018 1st Qualifying Final: Richmond v Hawthorn, 6 September 2018, 7.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, reading through this thread, I don't think I've ever come across a bunch of more knowledgeable and level headed supporters on BF ever.
Reading through it has been a pleasant change to usual muck raking and abuse that plague other boards (sadly, including ours).
All the best tomorrow night.
Oh Tugga stop it your making us blush, tee hee ;)

Gotta say, reading through this thread, I don't think I've ever come across a bunch of more knowledgeable and level headed supporters on BF ever.
Reading through it has been a pleasant change to usual muck raking and abuse that plague other boards (sadly, including ours).

Cant speak for anyone else but really admire the way Jack and Dusty (to single two out) "go about it". And who can hate a Rioli?

Appreciate your comment.
Although the majority of us are realists in accepting were are the challengers and long shots for Silverware this year if we do happen to upset the reigning premiers tomorrow night this attitude may dramatically change.
From knowledgeable and level headed you may see us discussing possible Grand Final opponents, who's got tickets, who's attending to GF parade, who is presenting the cup etc. etc. and then abusing any opposition poster who is critical of our pending success. We won't even discuss the formality of a Preliminary final, because that will be below us - sound familiar....ha ha ?
Seriously, looking forward to a cracking contest tomorrow night, the Hawks playing out of their skins vs the Tigers not really being interested may produce a close outcome...

Last edited:
Everything I have read points to 12 weeks for a scaphoid (8 weeks to date for Sic). Given that he has spent a lot of time with his hand in cast, muscle atrophy may also be a problem, particularly when overhead marking is big strength. Do not reckon he will play, Clarkson will consider his welfare first and not risk him long term second.

If his hand is still in cast he will need it removed and then have an x-ray before getting the all clear. Mirra is playing finals footy imo.

Everything I have read points to 12 weeks for a scaphoid (8 weeks to date for Sic). Given that he has spent a lot of time with his hand in cast, muscle atrophy may also be a problem, particularly when overhead marking is big strength. Do not reckon he will play, Clarkson will consider his welfare first and not risk him long term second.

If his hand is still in cast he will need it removed and then have an x-ray before getting the all clear. Mirra is playing finals footy imo.

I read the surgeon gave the all clear 10 days ago. The muscle atrophy issue is I suppose what they are testing indoors today.

I don't think he should play but he has a new haircut???

Fev played in 3 wks back in the day.
Time will tell. Imo this is why mirra was rested incase Sicily doesn't get up huge out for us.

Biggest team selection since the 2015 grand final. Get your popcorn ready ! guaranteed clarko swings a surprise .

Gary Lyon on the Couch suggested something interesting. Play both Cegs & Big Mac, but with McEvoy playing as the forward. If we are going to play two rucks, I like it better than Cegs forward.

The Tiges intercept marking in defence is based around excellent blocking; reckon its much harder to block McEvoy out of the contest than Roughie or Cegs (or Shoe).

The biggest negative for me is that with two rucks we are less likely to roll Roughie through the mids, and this is the way we get him into the game when he is being shut down. That said, Roughie might be able to do more, with McEvoy as the focus of the high ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Siss has not taken off the cast on his wrist so late, he is not playing back. He'll play forward. Or he will not play at all. Hopefully I'm wrong but I think he's not playing this week.

With Siss I watched him throw at times and handball at others. He seemed to mark the ball without any hesitation. I had my binoculars trained on his face a few times when handballing and marking and there was no grimacing or indication of pain at all. Frawley took part in some light drills but spent at lot of time in the goal square. There was a big session on bringing the ball to ground rather than marking it. Everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves, lots of smiling and laughing. The exception was Duryea. Spotted him at one stage up the other end of the ground, alone and looking pretty down, felt a bit sad for him. Reckon Howe is in, had a look of resolve about him.

Just looks like normal taping

627002_gl.jpg

If Siss has not taken off the cast on his wrist so late, he is not playing back. He'll play forward. Or he will not play at all. Hopefully I'm wrong but I think he's not playing this week.

A) It's a guard not a cast.

B) That's exactly the doubt that is needed at Richmond entering selection. Sicily in or out has a big impact on Richmond game plan decisions.

C) Spectemur Agendo

Wasn't the report that Sicily was wearing a wrist guard as opposed to a wrist cast?

Yep. Just a very thin/light 'guard'.

I've changed my mind - I prefer to leave Ceglar out, and Roughead can pinch-hit in the ruck. He's more damaging when he's able to use his mobility. Will have the advantage if the ball comes to ground and turns into a contest.

Gary Lyon on the Couch suggested something interesting. Play both Cegs & Big Mac, but with McEvoy playing as the forward. If we are going to play two rucks, I like it better than Cegs forward.

The Tiges intercept marking in defence is based around excellent blocking; reckon its much harder to block McEvoy out of the contest than Roughie or Cegs (or Shoe).

The biggest negative for me is that with two rucks we are less likely to roll Roughie through the mids, and this is the way we get him into the game when he is being shut down. That said, Roughie might be able to do more, with McEvoy as the focus of the high ball.

The only problem I have with playing 2 rucks is that if it rains or is dewy then once the ball hits the ground it won't be to our advantage. I guess this is all the things Clarko and the other coaches will take into account when selecting the final team. I was at the SCG against the Swans and with all that dew players were falling like 10 pins.

Biggest team selection since the 2015 grand final. Get your popcorn ready ! guaranteed clarko swings a surprise .

Just got a SMS from my Pies supporting friend; says he's shocked to learn Hawks are managing; Mitchell, Gunston, McEvoy, Stratton and Breust this week - replaced by O'Rourke, O'Brien, Pittonet, Duryea and Langford...

Watched the 4th quarter of our early season meeting with the tigers this morning and one of the things that stood out about our revival was big boy cluncking a couple of marks in the F50.

He was the only player that looked like troubling Richmonds defence in the air.

Ceglar in the ruck, with big boy playing the tall forward role is certainly worth a try.

If it rains, thats another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back