Game Day 2018 DRAFT - Christmas is early this year

How do you rate our draft this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, it was an outstanding effort by the TTCs (Trolls, Tools and Crazies). I haven’t seen a better tantrum since I gave my 7 year old son a bike for his birthday (he wanted a pony, a swimming pool AND a trip to Disneyland).

What a disgraceful performance by the AFC, I wanted Rankine AND Lukosius and we ended up with four KIDS that I have never seen play a game AND they have done absolutely nothing at the AFL level.

So to summarise our stupidity;
1) There were three players worthy of pick one and no-one was going to swap these picks for a handful of picks between 9 and 21.

2) St Kilda were always going to take Max King at pick 4 and IMHO he wasn’t a high priority for us.

3) We could have sold the farm for Rozee but IMHO as much as I like him, he is well below the talent of Rankine and Lukosius. Was it worth swapping Jones + McHenry (+ a bit more) for Rozee?

4) Was it worth trading up to pick 6 to get Ben King or Bailey Smith? I don’t think we were that keen on either of them.

5) We rated Chayce above Cardwell, Butters, Hately or Clark. I think I will back in Hamish against the TTCs.

6) We rated McHenry above Sturt, Duursma, Mclennan etc. In Hamish we Trust

7) We rated Hamill above Valente - IHWT

8) We brought in a raw talent at the end of the draft- IHWT.

9) We have greatly strengthened our hand in next year’s draft.

Yes.......we had an absolute shocker.

Firstly, it was an outstanding effort by the TTCs (Trolls, Tools and Crazies). I haven’t seen a better tantrum since I gave my 7 year old son a bike for his birthday (he wanted a pony, a swimming pool AND a trip to Disneyland).

What a disgraceful performance by the AFC, I wanted Rankine AND Lukosius and we ended up with four KIDS that I have never seen play a game AND they have done absolutely nothing at the AFL level.

1) There were three players worthy of pick one and no-one was going to swap these picks for a handful of picks between 9 and 21.

2) St Kilda were always going to take Max King at pick 4 and IMHO he wasn’t a high priority for us.

3) We could have sold the farm for Rozee but IMHO as much as I like him, he is well below the talent of Rankine and Lukosius. Was it worth swapping Jones + McHenry (+ a bit more) for Rozee?

4) Was it worth trading up to pick 6 to get Ben King or Bailey Smith? I don’t think we were that keen on either of them.

5) We rated Chayce above Cardwell, Butters, Hately or Clark. I think I will back in Hamish against the TTCs.

7) We rated Hamill,above Valente - IHWT

Hahaha outstanding

Love your work as always

Ps they will come for you

But it’s a smart move posting now before they’ve had too much to drink

You take that logical thinking and

76C5F77E-C7DC-4ABA-B47C-067154AE6596.gif

Even being a bit conservative, 10 and 19 for 4 seems a pretty good deal. I can't see it being worse than that.
I don't think a top 4 pick will have ever been traded for less value when everything is said and done at the end of next year.

I must admit that I laugh every year when I see people on here are arguing for or against players that they have never actually seen.

As far as I am concerned Haggis has the runs on the board so I feel confident enough to back in whoever he chooses.

People need to take a chill pill, wait 6 months and then go out and watch these guys in the SANFL and then form an opinion on them.

No point trying to base anything on a 60 second vignette on the player or their combine scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait did i read we have Carltons 1st and 2nd round pick next year?

So i they finish let's say 17th means we get pick 20. So we have pretty much only given up next years first for Carlton's round 1 pick.

Is this correct?
I think I have this right. According to the TAB odds for minor 2019 premiers we will finish 5th (pick 14) and Carlton will finish 17th. Over the two trades we did with Carlton and then GWS:

We traded: picks 14 (2019), 19, 24 and 79 (2019)

For: picks 2 (2019), 20 (2019) and 30

That is an incredible result!

I think I have this right. According to the TAB odds for minor 2019 premiers we will finish 5th (pick 14) and Carlton will finish 17th. Over the two trades we did with Carlton and then GWS:

We traded: picks 14 (2019), 19, 24 and 79 (2019)

For: picks 2 (2019), 20 (2019) and 30

That is an incredible result!
Defies logic really. Worst case is we flop like this year and get pick 8, its still a 5 or 6 pick upgrade at worst. And the 2nd rounder is almost more remarkable.

Im a bit with Bicks on this one, I reckon we are preparing a raid.

Clubs will be keen to hold early second round picks next year, considering what West Coast and Adelaide were able to do.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep. Great strategy. Top 8 is normally well set. Next 12 has talent but lists differ. Set yourself in the 15-30 and cash in.

Defies logic really. Worst case is we flop like this year and get pick 8, its still a 5 or 6 pick upgrade at worst. And the 2nd rounder is almost more remarkable.

Im a bit with Bicks on this one, I reckon we are preparing a raid.
We are gunning for Lukosius. It’s obvious.

We thought we could get him this year but GC wouldn’t deal. We are restocking then for a trade while Luko will turn on the waterworks like McGovern or Schache.

We are gunning for Lukosius. It’s obvious.

We thought we could get him this year but GC wouldn’t deal. We are restocking then for a trade while Luko will turn on the waterworks like McGovern or Schache.
I reckon you might be right. Stock up on speedy smalls in this draft and grab him back next year. Suns could end up with the first 2 picks in the draft

But to be fair, you'd heard a lot more about these two players pre-draft
Fogarty yes, Milera no... Only new of the top handful of prospects that draft for some reason. New of Burton as well through seeing him but not Milera. Star potential was obvious to me though imo. As with many here.

Can we keep this open for 12 months because I think we will have Luko and Rankine with Carlton’s picks for 2019.

So we will have

Luko
Rankine
Jones
McHenry
Hamill
Sholl

Not a bad crop from 1 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2018 DRAFT - Christmas is early this year

Back