Analysis 2018 List Management discussion Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are genuinely tossing up between Walsh, Lukosius and Rankine as potential #1s, then trading for #3 and a couple of second rounders is possible.

If the Suns won't do #3 and #6 however, I'd do #3 and Brisbane's 2019 first BUT the Suns can give us #24 for our trouble.

If we rate Walsh at #1 alone though, then that first suggestion of the second rounders just won't cut it.

Don't just look at points for #1, look at the prestige and publicity. #1 for 3, 24 and 29 on points equates to getting 29 for free. That's not enough of we are giving up our preferred player.

What do the Lions get out of that scenario? Or do you mean 3, Gold Coasts 2019 first and 24?

"If we are genuinely tossing up between Walsh, Lukosius and Rankine as potential #1s" I don't think we are, if we have pick 1 it will be Walsh, I don't see Lukosius being a good fit for us which is why the rumour the blues have knocked back 3 & 6 from the Suns and demanding 2 & 6 only makes sense to me if we are wanting to on trade 2 to Port for 5 and 10 (or 15), with 5, 6 & 10 we could take say Smith, Rozee and Caldwell.

But the Suns would be crazy to trade up (for anything) IMO but they did swap pick 2 for Weller

What do the Lions get out of that scenario? Or do you mean 3, Gold Coasts 2019 first and 24?

"If we are genuinely tossing up between Walsh, Lukosius and Rankine as potential #1s" I don't think we are, if we have pick 1 it will be Walsh, I don't see Lukosius being a good fit for us which is why the rumour the blues have knocked back 3 & 6 from the Suns and demanding 2 & 6 only makes sense to me if we are wanting to on trade 2 to Port for 5 and 10 (or 15), with 5, 6 & 10 we could take say Smith, Rozee and Caldwell.

But the Suns would be crazy to trade up (for anything) IMO but they did swap pick 2 for Weller

Gold Coast have Brisbane's 2019 first.

The rest is a hypothetical as far as what we are interested in at 1 and how we rate them. We can do that because SOS hasn't tipped his hand.

Gold Coast may trade if they have a real love for the player they think we will take at #1.

Makes sense up until a point. Awkwardly, the prestige of Murphy, Gibbs and Kruezer hasnt quite helped the sheen of our club.

I know...sorry.

That's hindsight though. At the time, there are marketing opportunities available and excitement being generated.

Gold Coast have Brisbane's 2019 first.

The rest is a hypothetical as far as what we are interested in at 1 and how we rate them. We can do that because SOS hasn't tipped his hand.

Gold Coast may trade if they have a real love for the player they think we will take at #1.

Ahh that makes sense, its hard enough to keep track of who has what this year let alone next.

Gold Coast may trade but I think it will be a massive mistake. I don't see them being in a situation where they can afford to give away multiple early picks to get a specific player. They need to do what the blues did in 2015 and grab as many first round picks as they can get.

Your point was that posts should conform to your particular code of ethics comma full stop comma full stop

Not happening full stop

Again, pick 1 for 3 & 6, if not we take Walsh and we will be more than happy with that. He fills a void we have, hence GC needs to pay a premium, if that's too high, fine, they can draft three more flight risks.
I was more hinting at things like empathy, projecting of a player's impact at a different level of football within a professional program... you know, useful stuff when talking at length about a player's value amongst a community.

Ahh that makes sense, its hard enough to keep track of who has what this year let alone next.

Gold Coast may trade but I think it will be a massive mistake. I don't see them being in a situation where they can afford to give away multiple early picks to get a specific player. They need to do what the blues did in 2015 and grab as many first round picks as they can get.

I see it the opposite way.

Much more important for them to be judicious with their draft selections and pick the right player.

Terrible for morale and therefore retention if they go wide at the draft and see another exodus in two years. Continues to erode the belief of the players who'd otherwise be inclined to stick it out.

If they could go three years without anyone notable trying to bail on the club, they'd be in a much better position.

Much more important for them to be judicious with their draft selections and pick the right player.

Terrible for morale and therefore retention if they go wide at the draft and see another exodus in two years. Continues to erode the belief of the players who'd otherwise be inclined to stick it out.

If they could go three years without anyone notable trying to bail on the club, they'd be in a much better position.
Gold Coast should be looking at building the nucleus of their leadership group going forward in this draft. They’ve just lost both captains. Rankine isn’t a smart fit for them not sure about Lukosius leadership qualities but if they go down that path around the merry go round we go. Unfortunately for them Walsh is the perfect addition. I’m not ruling anything out just yet

Choose 1 and they go home you have lost everything, much smaller margin for error.

On top of that you look at what the Lions have done, they brought in multiple players, a lot of them already new each other (Berry, McCluggage & Cox for example) and you create an environment where all these young players become great mates and don't want to leave.

The one thing I would say for you theory is that Walsh is a country kid (like the 3 lions mentioned above) and they don't seem to want to go home as much because Melbourne isn't home either.

Gold Coast should be looking at building the nucleus of their leadership group going forward in this draft. They’ve just lost both captains. Rankine isn’t a smart fit for them not sure about Lukosius leadership qualities but if they go down that path around the merry go round we go. Unfortunately for them Walsh is the perfect addition. I’m not ruling anything out just yet

Get say Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee and hopefully the common bond and prior experiences together turns them into great mates and it makes them less likely to leave.

Get say Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee and hopefully the common bond and prior experiences together turns them into great mates and it makes them less likely to leave.
That’s the rumour and it could work I’ve said before it would be hard for the SA clubs to extract all three of them, still don’t know if Rankines the right fit or what leadership qualities the others possess. It’s a tough spot for them if it were me i’de be looking at the best players with the leadership qualities you can build a side around. I can see Rankine Bernard Tomic’ing it up at the strippers on the Gold Coast

Not a hope in hell all three SA boys will be at GC in 3 years time if they draft those three. Maybe 1 stays; for sure I can't see Rankine staying up there.

If I was GC with 2, 3 & 6 I would draft M.King (2), B.King (3) and Bailey Smith (at 6 if available). If they get both Kings there is a fair chance that poaching them (in a couple years) will be a challenge for Vic clubs.

Not a hope in hell all three SA boys will be at GC in 3 years time if they draft those three. Maybe 1 stays; for sure I can't see Rankine staying up there.

If I was GC with 2, 3 & 6 I would draft M.King (2), B.King (3) and Bailey Smith (at 6 if available). If they get both Kings there is a fair chance that poaching them (in a couple years) will be a challenge for Vic clubs.
Same strategy just different names

You add expressions such as 'in my opinion' or 'in their opinion' to a statement in order to indicate that it is what you or someone else thinks, and is not necessarily a fact.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/in-someones-opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the rumour and it could work I’ve said before it would be hard for the SA clubs to extract all three of them, still don’t know if Rankines the right fit or what leadership qualities the others possess. It’s a tough spot for them if it were me i’de be looking at the best players with the leadership qualities you can build a side around. I can see Rankine Bernard Tomic’ing it up at the strippers on the Gold Coast

Best analogy of Rankine. Great post but hope your wrong for GC sake

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do remember reading somewhere on BF that GC were more into Lukosius and Rozee at 2 and 3 as opposed to Rankine. Wasnt sure how to value that but there seemed to genuine discussion about GC favouring Rozee but the hows and whys werent addressed.

AGAIN, worth what ever a club wants to give up.....ffs
9 hours later and you give it another crack - really? You have nothing better to do?

But since you are here, what do you THINK a club would give up? Don't be scared, you can't be wrong, just give it some thought, form an opinion, voice that opinion and give a reason why you came to that opinion.

Everyone is aware of your limitations so no one is expecting anything fancy - just give it a go, you may surprise yourself.

You post 9 hours later and you think I am the one who can't give up?

But since you are here, what do you THINK a club would give up? Don't be scared, you can't be wrong, just give it some thought, form an opinion, voice that opinion and give a reason why you came to that opinion.

Everyone is aware of your limitations so no one is expecting anything fancy - just give it a go, you may surprise yourself.

Hahaha

You are precious

9 hours later and you give it another crack - really? You have nothing better to do?

call me cute, but I really wouldn't be pushing for a popularity poll between you and arrow if I were you - you're an aggressive, sarcastic, arrogant smartarse - he's a moderate, reasonable, likeable poster

He might change his mind when someone tells him about Cavill Avenue ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back