Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally see zero other way they can get May.

They have no 1st this year. Have used their last 2 first rounders, so couldn’t even offer next years first which wouldn’t be accepted anyway.

Hogan our is the only way UNLESS another star worth inside a top 10 pick wants out. Even if they used that on May this year they’d have to find another first this year or next as you must use 2 in 4 years.

They’ve hamstrung themselves somewhat.
Assume Neale goes. One of our early pick to melb form him, on to GC for May and (WCE’s?) first which from memory GC have.

Easy.

Assume Neale goes. One of our early pick to melb form him, on to GC for May and (WCE’s?) first which from memory GC have.

Easy.

Yes.

My comment was in reply to how do they get May unless they trade Hogan?

So Hogan to Freo was likely, as there’s just no way to get May.

I just want us to have some picks for the draft so we can spend hours and hours speculating on who we will pick in the draft. If Neale goes, I expect we will trade picks 4 and 5 and get picks 10, 15, 19, 22 Brisbane, and 27 to keep me happy leading up to the draft...anyone else in?

I just want us to have some picks for the draft so we can spend hours and hours speculating on who we will pick in the draft. If Neale goes, I expect we will trade picks 4 and 5 and get picks 10, 15, 19, 22 Brisbane, and 27 to keep me happy leading up to the draft...anyone else in?

I do too but we just have to retain either pick 5(Neale pick if it actually happens) or 6.Our list badly needs another high end draft pick.

Last edited:

I'm really excited for the draft. The melts last year from when we didn't pick LDU made for brilliant reading.

Really looking forward to see who people melt over this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really excited for the draft. The melts last year from when we didn't pick LDU made for brilliant reading.

Really looking forward to see who people melt over this year.
Why wait? If Hogan costs us pick 5 and 6, for 10 or 11 in the draft and a second rounder? Honestly we would be smarter
offering Lynch 1.3 million a year on a buddy deal.
If Hogan is worth 2 picks, GC are only getting 1 pick for Lynch, so effectively we get pick 3, 5 6, and can still swap 5 or 6
for more picks.

Melbourne IN: May
Freo IN: Hogan + 4
Gold Coast IN: Sutcliffe + 22
Brisbane IN: Neale

How about that guys? We get Hogan, 4 and keep our other picks.
This is brilliant.

So Hogan is essentially worth 22 + Sutcliffe.

I think we need to bring Brad Lloyd back with popped collars.

How do you see them getting May without trading Hogan.

Enlighten me.
I don’t. I thought you were saying that they couldn’t possibly get may.

I think we agree - if Melbourne think May is more important to a flag than hogan, then the way to get him is to trade hogan for pick 4, which gives them cap space and a pick. But they still have to use first rounder in the draft, so the eagles pick from GC seems a possibility.

Either way, all this talk is making a tough time of the footy year a lot easier to take, even if nothing eventuates.

I don’t. I thought you were saying that they couldn’t possibly get may.

I think we agree - if Melbourne think May is more important to a flag than hogan, then the way to get him is to trade hogan for pick 4, which gives them cap space and a pick. But they still have to use first rounder in the draft, so the eagles pick from GC seems a possibility.

Either way, all this talk is making a tough time of the footy year a lot easier to take, even if nothing eventuates.

They don't need to use one this year. The rules are they need to use 2 in 4 years, so they can use 2 next year if they can find one.

That said, I still see them getting 2 picks inside 10 for Hogan. One of them flicked off for May (can't see them getting 17/18 back).

They go to the draft with the other one. Then they must use their next year's first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back