2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that as a club you are also banking on being crap again next year to get similar compensation. Not the greatest message to send to your sponsors and fans.
Yep said the same thing to one of their supporters in the Neale thread ages ago. Clearly they seem to be happy to resign themselves to the bottom of the ladder whilst loosing a quality mid. This year they could conceivably get a key forward they have crying out for years, a quality ruck forward to replace Sandi and potentially a good kid from the draft( mid) for Neale, even with the loss of Neale they could possibly make ground next year, but just to spite everyone they would rather go backwards. IDIOTS!!!!

One thing I think Freo fans are missing about the whole hard line Bell stance with Hogan is there are two places to do it. In a traditional negotiation you tell the seller their price is too steep, walk away, make your bluster etc and wait it out for a couple of days. Bell went straight for the nuclear option, the press. This is a highly inflammatory tactic usually used when all avenues have been explored. If the reports are true and Melb were asking for 5 and 24 (easily attainable and would’ve basically meant Neale out Hogan in no extra) then the stance he’s taking is ridiculous.

In his first trade period he’s put 2 teams (and plenty more due to the flow on effects) totally offside through this win at all cost tactics. This isn’t negotiating hard for the best result for the club, it will come back to bite them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Assuming he talked to Hogan first about what he was going to say or explained it to Hogan's manager. The fall out is the speculation about what he meant by "Due Diligence" and why was it included. The is speculation all over the boards now it's Hogan's foot and something showed up in the medical and there are plenty of reference to his off ground activities and what might have been in the Melbourne files they shared to help him get to Freo. Sure other teams won't be as accepting to working with Freo and other players might consider their future but when the bluff may have that flow on effect to Hogan himself the tactic seems wrong. A weekend of Hogan being asked what it all meant and what was Bell on about might change his mind as well. Great bluff tactics if your buying a car or a sheep station but when the item for sale is a person that can think for themselves it adds an extra element of risk.

Assuming he talked to Hogan first about what he was going to say or explained it to Hogan's manager. The fall out is the speculation about what he meant by "Due Diligence" and why was it included. The is speculation all over the boards now it's Hogan's foot and something showed up in the medical and there are plenty of reference to his off ground activities and what might have been in the Melbourne files they shared to help him get to Freo. Sure other teams won't be as accepting to working with Freo and other players might consider their future but when the bluff may have that flow on effect to Hogan himself the tactic seems wrong. A weekend of Hogan being asked what it all meant and what was Bell on about might change his mind as well. Great bluff tactics if your buying a car or a sheep station but when the item for sale is a person that can think for themselves it adds an extra element of risk.

To be that’s just legalese to legitimise a stupid position. The due diligence is still saying they want him, just not that they want to pay fair value. All media reports point to the medical is passed. I know there are off field issues and maybe they feel burnt by Bennell but this is clearly a different situation. We’re talking about effectively swapping Neale directly for Hogan. That is a MASSIVE win for Freo value wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew Brayshaw lives with Neale I’m pretty sure.

I’m sure he’s taking some interest in what Freo are putting a great servant of the club through.
Obviously we only see a small part of what Neale is like but to me he seems pretty low maintenance. On the field you never see him blowing up at his own team, opponents or the umpires. Plays hard and rarely has a bad game.

I’m not normally one for the BS that goes on at this time of yeah but it does make you wonder about the Fremantle club as a whole not just Ross Lyons as a coach.

They could have brought in Hogan and Lobb with the loss of Neale and I’d think you’d call it a win for them for the trade period.

Now they look unprofessional, completely inept and just a little bit spiteful. If I was Fyfe I’d be wondering why I signed on again.

Seriously hope our club is talking to Melb and Hogan about a move north. Grab Hogan with our picks this year, get Neale next year as FA.
Bloody oath, if Hogan was cleared medically the Dockers are insane not offering their first this year and next.

Would be a huge story if we came in over the top, gazumped the Dockers and Hogan had a breakout season with us next year. He's only 23 and not in his prime yet, he will be an elite KPF if his body is right.

Hogan actually holds some affinity for Melbourne so I would be shocked if he secretly signed off on these tactics of screwing them around like this. On the something showed up in medicals angle, that's a 100% guess.

My take is that if you have to come up with total hypothetical guesses to explain this behaviour it is a pretty good sign that the behaviour in question is stupid.

Bloody oath, if Hogan was cleared medically the Dockers are insane not offering their first this year and next.

Would be a huge story if we came in over the top, gazumped the Dockers and Hogan had a breakout season with us next year. He's only 23 and not in his prime yet, he will be an elite KPF if his body is right.
The lions have tracked Hogan closely from the time he turned 15. They made a big play for him prior to the 2015 draft when the Giants had 17-year old access. Leigh Matthews was involved in negotiations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lions have tracked Hogan closely from the time he turned 15. They made a big play for him prior to the 2015 draft when the Giants had 17-year old access. Leigh Matthews was involved in negotiations

Correct. 2012 draft though, not 2015.

fairly disappointed we aren't doing more to land some of these Giants players who re leaving because of cap pressure. Scully for Hawks 3rd rounder? FFS get us some Noble. I don't care who it is, you can't say not to bargains like that.

Just can’t compete with that Victorian pull.

Bell is completely out of his depth and is all over the shop.

Demanding stupid overs for players going out, stupid unders for players coming in. Trades out six in a super draft to position himself to do deals, then tries on a totally ham-fisted, tough-guy "we won't trade" routine. Leaving the door open for WC to pounce next year.

Freo has had one gun KPF in their entire history. They get a rolled gold opportunity to bring in another and Bell wants to play silly buggers.

Grownup clubs just get the deals done. Bell is running around like a chook with its head cut off.
Does he even have any experience in this area? As far as I know he seemed to be working in media just a couple of months ago.

all the jokes about Bell he has been around a while. You not think Lyon would not be in his ear as well.
While Noble does everything behind doors.
Bell using the media for his negotiations.
Be a Feather in my cap if Neale stays
Not after Hogan anymore as Melb want too much
Want to keep Neale as lions lowballing with 5. We talk him around if he plays 2019.

Really his choice to negotiate that way.. see how it works out..
If your a player thinking of Freo who knows this put you off side nominating them
Lobb deal not done yet as well.
all they done was a great points/pick split get although moved 6 to 11.
And Conca a free agent the tigers let go as they needed Lynch $

The interesting thing of all of this May, Hogan and Neale have not come out at all.. They waiting to see how it plays.
It is all we heard that Neale is upset etc nothing from them.

If Dayne Beams goes and we don't get Lachie Neale we need to bring in a/a couple of mature aged mids, who's out there that we could make a play for at this late stage?

- Tom Liberatore, Jarryd Lyons, Jesse Lonergan, Tom Scully, Marlion Pickett, Michael Gibbons, Mitch Grigg, Mitch Maguire ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back