List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With the GWS and Crows pick trade today it seems almost certain we won't be getting Stephens. That leaves us with a choice between Kemp and Robertson it appears with Smokey's being Weightman and Day at our pick. I don't believe we'll consider McCasey, or at least I hope not. Maybe Serong is the slider that I'd jump at if available.

With the GWS and Crows pick trade today it seems almost certain we won't be getting Stephens. That leaves us with a choice between Kemp and Robertson it appears with Smokey's being Weightman and Day at our pick. I don't believe we'll consider McCasey, or at least I hope not. Maybe Serong is the slider that I'd jump at if available.

Hope not.

Us goıng for a second 1st rounder was always on the cards but the catch is holding us back. The catch is that if the afl would allow us to trade back in to the second round of the draft at the end of next year , then we would have taken our chance. But the AFL want those deals to be settled during “ present “ draft and not allow it to spill on to the year after. But fwiw, I feel that in this draft, it’s worth having 3 picks in the Top 30!

Pickett the bolter mate. Rumours of pick 8 now.

I assume the clubs nominate the invitees to the AFL. Where do I find out the list of 16? I wonder which one is ours.
Great question
I have also been unable to find the list...does anyone have it?
Spackler: yes the clubs nominate who is invited. I think the idea is to ensure the top 10 are present for the photo op.
Last year a player was invited who was not picked in the top 20...

Last edited:
Quick question, since we can’t trade a future 1st and future 2nd does that mean now that gws having traded there future 1st they can’t go in to arrears enough to lose there 2nd next year??

Quick question, since we can’t trade a future 1st and future 2nd does that mean now that gws having traded there future 1st they can’t go in to arrears enough to lose there 2nd next year??
In theory, they can’t trade out their future 2nd* without bringing in a Future 1st, but I think they can still go into deficit this year if they wanted to, pushing their 2020 2nd back.

*They’d be allowed to if they asked to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming there has not been a bid on Finn before GCS’s Pick 15, this Draft night live swap might work...

Hawthorn give: 2020 1st round (value pick~12?) + Pick 30 (629pts)
GCS give: pick 15 + 2020 2nd round tied to Brisbane (Value pick ~36?= 502pts)

Possible loss of points~ 300.

Gain: a second 1st round pick before we take Finn.
If the GCS agree to the above... given that they have a projected 2020 top 10 pick tied to them... maybe a second 1st round pick is of value... who knows...

... then who would we take at pick 15? Here is a list:

Pick 15: possibilities in no particular order..

Jeremy Sharp: wing / half back
Cody Weightman: Marking Small fwd
Kysah Pickett: X factor Small fwd
Trent Rivers: HB / Mid
Miles Bergman: HF / wing / mid
Sam DeKoning: KPD
Dylan Williams: X factor Utility
Will Gould: Solid HB
Cooper Stephens: Inside Mid
Will Day, Josh Worrell, Jay Rantall... and more.

So many good choices. Damn I hope this happens.

Last edited:
Gould has really slid. I really like him at this pick. Will slot into Strattons spot in 2 years...
If the GCS agree to the above... given that they have a projected top 10 pick tied to them... maybe a second 1st round pick is of value... who knows...

... then who would we take at pick 15? Here is a list:

Pick 15: possibilities in no particular order..

Jeremy Sharp: wing / half back
Cody Weightman: Marking Small fwd
Kysah Pickett: X factor Small fwd
Trent Rivers: HB / Mid
Miles Bergman: HF / wing / mid
Sam DeKoning: KPD
Dylan Williams: X factor Utility
Will Gould: Solid HB
Cooper Stephens: Inside Mid
Trent Rivers, Will Day, Josh Worrell, Jay Rantall... and more.

So many good choices. Damn I hope this happens.

would Richmond give us their future second and 56 for 30 ?

Then we can give our future 1st and 56 to Gc for 15 ?
Ask the Richmond BigFooty board... if you are polite they respond well. If they think your proposal is bad... they will not be polite.... :p But you will have your answer. I proposed a swap to them... All sides had their say = a good swap.

for me... this is a big risk. If it played out as you say... then yes. But it needs two Clubs to agree to the swaps to work ... and if it is live trading swaps... there is only 5 minutes to make it work.

By all of the powers of Greyskull... this Draft is going to be fun.

I just have to ensure my wife keeps my kids away from me on Draft Night :think: Movie night?

Last edited:
So I'm not too sure we will get another first round, but we might keep an eye on some names and if any slide to the early 20s then maybe Adelaide, Geelong or Sydney might be tempted to trade that 2019 pick a future second for our 2020 future first.

On Redmi Note 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So I'm not too sure we will get another first round, but we might keep an eye on some names and if any slide to the early 20s then maybe Adelaide, Geelong or Sydney might be tempted to trade that 2019 pick a future second for our 2020 future first.

On Redmi Note 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wat: your post is like a running commentary of something you are thinking about. Are you making a point or just spewing out your thoughts on the page? Richie Benaud said something like, “If you cannot add to the moment then say nothing”.
Please Wat, add something more than meandering conversation. You know you have more focused thoughts within you. Research them well and if you think you have a point.. share.

Last edited:
Gould will get absolutely torched by quick small forwards. Stratton has been excellent against those types throughout his career.

I'm not a fan of picking up Gould, but he was a high level sprinter at one stage. His pace is terrible because he's carrying around way too much weight.

I'm not a fan of picking up Gould, but he was a high level sprinter at one stage. His pace is terrible because he's carrying around way too much weight.

If he shed 10kg he'd naturally become quicker and more agile, but will that take away what seems to be one of his biggest strengths in the end (physicality and size)?

If he shed 10kg he'd naturally become quicker and more agile, but will that take away what seems to be one of his biggest strengths in the end (physicality and size)?

There's that risk. I just look at Aaron Francis as a cautionary tale for picking up a player who has a confused position due to their size, regardless of football IQ.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back