List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jay Rantall a bolter??
Not necessary for us, but gee his ceiling is high. 184cm ex Australian under 17 basketballer. Tested at Sam Walsh like results at the combine. Averaged about 26 touches a game in NAB league. Quick, runs all day. Enticing.
I’m hearing that Rantall’s kicking is a major concern. Correct me if I am wrong though?

In saying that, Worpel slid because teams were concerned about his disposal too.

I’m hearing that Rantall’s kicking is a major concern. Correct me if I am wrong though?

In saying that, Worpel slid because teams were concerned about his disposal too.
From what I’ve read it was a serious concern at the start of the year, but he has worked really hard on it. Won’t ever be elite kick but has moved into being a good kick. Problem is kicking reputations stick with people

I'm starting to get nerves on Stephens, I don't think he'll make it to us.

It all comes down to who the crows select. If they go McAsey, Stephens will probably make it to us if the dockers pass on him ( which is pretty likely given Young will probably slide and they’re keen on WA boy Robertson)

From what I’ve read it was a serious concern at the start of the year, but he has worked really hard on it. Won’t ever be elite kick but has moved into being a good kick. Problem is kicking reputations stick with people
By all reports he is very coachable and and his kicking will improve out of sight in a professional environment. Will probably get taken in the 20’s or 30’s and would be gold for a team like, dare I say it, Essendon who haven’t got an early pick to play with. Someone like Rantall would be their ‘Worpel’ I reckon..

By all reports he is very coachable and and his kicking will improve out of sight in a professional environment. Will probably get taken in the 20’s or 30’s and would be gold for a team like, dare I say it, Essendon who haven’t got an early pick to play with. Someone like Rantall would be their ‘Worpel’ I reckon..
Essendon would love him. I have him going slightly earlier only due to how much upside he as probably 15-20. Like Worpel, Rantall seems to be obsessed with getting better which will hold him in good stead anywhere he goes. Get Sam Mitchell to help him though and he could be anything.

A bid for Finn would make 23 useless, we traded 30 out for that reason.
How would it work though? if as expected bid comes for Maginess at pick 18, being equivalent of pick 23 with 20% discount, if we do not have pick 23, would pick 42, 63 be enough? If we traded in our next year's first round pick for say a pick 20 in this year's draft, wouldn't that first get used up for the bid for Magginess? The system is complicated.

How would it work though? if as expected bid comes for Maginess at pick 18, being equivalent of pick 23 with 20% discount, if we do not have pick 23, would pick 42, 63 be enough? If we traded in our next year's first round pick for say a pick 20 in this year's draft, wouldn't that first get used up for the bid for Magginess? The system is complicated.
Pick 42, 50 & 54 is enough. The maths has been done.
If we trade a future 1st for a pick this year then it'll likely be as the team we want to trade with is on the clock therefore no chance for a bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to use the next pick/picks u have so we want to use 11 and then get finn with our later picks, if you don't have enough you can go into points debt next year, so trading 11 down to 20 and 23 would mean unless Finn slip past 23 then we would get to use only one of 20/23 and finn. Rather than 11 and Finn.

Also pick in the 20s are only marginally better than picks in the 40s as far as you're odds of getting a good player or better, you want to stay out of that region and get into the top 15.

I imagine the likelihood of us using our last two picks is very slim?

So what will we likely end up getting?

- pick 11
- trading back in to the first round with our 2020 first
- points accumulation for Finn
- late pick on Pepper

Pretty confident it’ll be either Stephens or Kemp from what I’m hearing, Kemp we’ve been big on for a bloody long time and would be hard to pass up. The emergence of Finn has probably muddled the waters a bit as he looks like developing into a genuine inside bull, If no bid comes for Finn and both Kemp and Stephens are there I can see us going Stephens. Just an opinion but I know we’ve been massive on Kemp so who knows.

Pretty confident it’ll be either Stephens or Kemp from what I’m hearing, Kemp we’ve been big on for a bloody long time and would be hard to pass up. The emergence of Finn has probably muddled the waters a bit as he looks like developing into a genuine inside bull, If no bid comes for Finn and both Kemp and Stephens are there I can see us going Stephens. Just an opinion but I know we’ve been massive on Kemp so who knows.
Win/win if this happens.

The two i have been most keen on and would be over the moon with either. Still love the ceiling of what Kemp could be

would Geelong accept our future first for 14 (would be around 16 after Green and Ryan bids)?

How good would it be to get stephens at 11 and then kemp with the cats pick!

would Geelong accept our future first for 14 (would be around 16 after Green and Ryan bids)?

How good would it be to get stephens at 11 and then kemp with the cats pick!
Roles reversed, would you accept a Pick 2020 Pick 15-20 for a 2019 Pick 14?

Rumour- and it’s only a rumour. IF ....massive IF...Kemp and Stephens both available for Pick 11
then we will select Kemp leaving Port to pick Stephens with Pick 12.....the byproduct being they will trade Pick 18
to us for our 2020 1st round pick !?

Make of that what you will !?

i actually doubt Stephens will last that long.

Rumour- and it’s only a rumour. IF ....massive IF...Kemp and Stephens both available for Pick 11
then we will select Kemp leaving Port to pick Stephens with Pick 12.....the byproduct being they will trade Pick 18
to us for our 2020 1st round pick !?

Make of that what you will !?

i actually doubt Stephens will last that long.
Good mail mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back