Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Acres isn’t much chop but 14 would get us a Taylor, Rivers, Schoenberg or Sharp, maybe even Robertson so it’s not all bad.

I suspect we’d want a late pick as well though unless the club think higher of Acres than I do.

14 would have to come with Saints 2020 2nd imop and nothing less. That then may open other possibilities for us to set up our picks re draft

14 could also be Henry, which would be a complete waste of the points system.

If 14 came with an ironclad guarantee that no one would bid on Henry before that I would be happy with it, but 14 is right around the Henry projected spot.

I'd rather 6 and to split it ourselves, but Saints have heaps of work to do with only 6 and about 60.

They've been linked to:
Hill ~ 6
Howard ~ 20
Jones ~ 35
Ryder ~ 50

Losing:
Bruce ~ 30
Stevens ~ 35

They may need to offer up next years 1st again.
Isn't Ryder out of contract? Can't see why they would offer pick 50. It is a value-less trade just to help a non-required player get to his next contract.

This is a really easy one. I'd expect that Bell has been really upfront with both Hill and Lethlean what the expectations are...he has two years to go...we really would prefer to keep him...They can downgrade all they like...Bradley feel free to keep pulling on the purple

I agree.

I don't even want to send a pick back even if we had one at say 40.

I think Hill is pick 6 + something more. The something more IMO was Acres. A body you know can give you something, potential upside. Even pick 6 just for Hill is such a gamble.

Kelly going to WCE is now officially the biggest bullet we've dodged. We've always done stupid trades like that and it's about time we didn't. Helped by Kelly himself, bit when you go at 50% by foot you don't deserve to be traded for those picks. He is a very overrated player.

Kelly going to WCE is now officially the biggest bullet we've dodged. We've always done stupid trades like that and it's about time we didn't. Helped by Kelly himself, bit when you go at 50% by foot you don't deserve to be traded for those picks. He is a very overrated player.
He's a gun.

Yay can't wait for another 10 pages of how 95% of AFL players can't kick

Left field candidate for next year (or this year? Probably not) in Cam Zurhaar. Strong forward from WA who's out of contract next year

Hope we take a good hard look
He ll nominate West Coast. Unless Freo somehow prove their premiership contenders, why would young WA guns come to this side..
We stuffed it as a destination club with Yeo, rejected McGovern. Thankfully Bell can right the ship.

We ll probably only get pick 6 for Hill. Have to include Acres hopefully. But hopefully Bell plays hard ball like Kelly. Will Hill stay in WA anyway?

Yay can't wait for another 10 pages of how 95% of AFL players can't kick
You wouldnt understand, Brades is the only one with the intellect and intuition score high enough to know these things. AFL coaches, umpires and players could learn a thing or two from him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wouldnt understand, Brades is the only one with the intellect and intuition score high enough to know these things. AFL coaches, umpires and players could learn a thing or two from him
We are talking about Chris Scott here - a man who has taken a talented list from Premiers to winning 3 finals out of 12 games.

Rhys Palmer kicked the same yet was forced out of the AFL.
I don't think I've seen Kelly fumble the footy in the 40 odd games I've seen him play. Field kicking isn't his strong point but kicking goals and being slick by hand certainly are. Im happy we didn't sell the farm for him but still would have loved to see him in a dockers guernsey.

If the Saints mortgage their future to gain all of Hill, Jones and Howard (and others) then they have to see themselves in premiership contention, that's the expectation they will have imposed on themselves. tbh I can't wait to watch them crash and burn

I don't think they are that delusional. But I wouldn't mind putting them on the spot and getting next year's picks involved with the Hill trade, see how much they want to back themselves.

Very odd considering Battle has looked best at CHB.

All the eggs are going in the Max King basket I think. Fair enough too but it's a huge risk to trade away your second leading goalkicker.

I struggle to see how they do all the trades without using future picks, which you would think they would need to hoard if they are any chance of Ben King next year.

If they split 6, then we get highest of the picks plus next years first. They can tank for 12 months and walk B King into the PSD.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah who would want a goal a game midfielder...

Well maybe if Ross wasn't such a dick to him he would have considered us
Oh please. Can we not be like the bitter and twisted Saints supporters who look to blame Ross for everything. If it was just about ross then his departure would have opened that door to Kelly. It's far more about team success which he is more likely to see faster at Wiggles than with us in the next couple of years. Ross is gone mate... let it go.. let it go...

Oh please. Can we not be like the bitter and twisted Saints supporters who look to blame Ross for everything. If it was just about ross then his departure would have opened that door to Kelly. It's far more about team success which he is more likely to see faster at Wiggles than with us in the next couple of years. Ross is gone mate... let it go.. let it go...
How dare you tell us that everything wrong with the club isn't Ross' fault :triumph:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back