Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we rename this thread the Tabs is shit / Not shit thread.

Maybe a trade will happen. It’ll be like fishing when you turn your back on your line to grab a beer, knowing that the little fishies are watching and will take your bait as soon as you’re unprepared.

Can we rename this thread the Tabs is shit / Not shit thread.

Maybe a trade will happen. It’ll be like fishing when you turn your back on your line to grab a beer, knowing that the little fishies are watching and will take your bait as soon as you’re unprepared.

Thinking the same thing, and yeah go of and grab a beer and come back ..'Taberner'...aagh...go of and grab another and come back... "Tabserner"...go of and grab another and come back...'Tas na vor'....go back and get another and come back....'Az na vour'. I start singing...hic

Tabs this year, for players who played more than 5 games in the AFL.

Most marks per game ranked 1. Next 9 were defenders or mids.
Most contested marks per game ranked 1.
Marks inside 50 per game ranked 9.

It’s pretty clear with quicker & cleaner ball movement & with Tabs spending more time inside 50, isolated as much as possible, he will kick more goals.

But with his endurance & work ethic he will play further up the ground with Lobb/Darcy out of the square.

Whether he’s our best forward, small or tall, that’s open for discussion, but he is our best one on one target.

Do you give up the best contested mark in the league? (Not that there has been any formal mention of this)

Never been a fan of Tabs but he is one of those hard working physical specimen types that often do their best work later in their career Quentin Lynch , Drew Petrie , Jason Ball etc

Kelly going to WCE is now officially the biggest bullet we've dodged. We've always done stupid trades like that and it's about time we didn't. Helped by Kelly himself, bit when you go at 50% by foot you don't deserve to be traded for those picks. He is a very overrated player.
Tim Kelly is a little overrated but definitely falls in the gun category. Just so good in the clearances and clean hands. Goes at 65% disposal efficiency so field kicking lets him down a little this after only two full seasons.

Let’s be honest he would have been a very good pick up, but never had any intention of coming to Freo and would have cost two top 10 picks. Time to move on and draft two guns with 6 & 7. I’m really liking the look of Dylan Stephens for one. Ash, Young, Serong, Flanders, Robertson all more than handy.

On a separate matter- why the continual obsession with ditching Darcy and collecting Luke Jackson. Jackson with time will be fine but everything points to a pick in the teens. I’d actually rather Jamieson at a later pick.

Hogan lining up for goals this year.. was Freo like.
Even Jesse couldn’t bag one for a while. Being a forward for Freo comes with extra 20 kilos of weight. Has one remotely key forward even arised since Pavlich in 05?
Murphy
Campbell
GUMBLETON
ANTHONY.
Been shockers.

JLo being a hybrid forward/ruck himself will be undoubtedly useful for Tabs and Lobb. Can’t wait

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St kilda are definately starting to bite of more than they can chew. Hill, jones, Ryder already coming in and now Howard and butler.

I hope we’re chatting with Melbourne, essondon and north to put some pressure on st kilda.
Totally agree.

Plus, they want King as well.

Saints either want to downgrade their pick 6 ie pick 6 to Port for picks 10 and 29. Then give us pick 10 or they want a pick 26 back in return for pick 6.

Bell is playing it well. The Langdon trade has been agreed to, the club won’t release it until the Hill trade has been done.

Bell can tell them that pick 26 will be used for the Henry bid.

Hopefully, Bell is telling the Saints and Colin Young if the saints trade pick 6. Then Hill won’t be traded to the Saints.

We couldn’t give a rats if the Saints need another early second round pick.

The Saints are trying to get maximum deals for Bruce and Stevens.

At the moment, they have only picks 6,57.

Totally agree.

Plus, they want King as well.

Saints either want to downgrade their pick 6 ie pick 6 to Port for picks 10 and 29. Then give us pick 10 or they want a pick 26 back in return for pick 6.

Bell is playing it well. The Langdon trade has been agreed to, the club won’t release it until the Hill trade has been done.

Bell can tell them that pick 26 will be used for the Henry bid.

Hopefully, Bell is telling the Saints and Colin Young if the saints trade pick 6. Then Hill won’t be traded to the Saints.

We couldn’t give a rats if the Saints need another early second round pick.

The Saints are trying to get maximum deals for Bruce and Stevens.

At the moment, they have only picks 6,57.

I’ll be pretty unhappy if we get less than pick 6 with nothing going back the other way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we asked for pick 6 plus another pick.

The Saints seem to have more targets than they can afford, and judging by the comments from the cats yesterday the Stevens deal doesn’t seem likely, unless the Saints let him go cheaply.

I’ve coached junior footy on & off since 1993, Kepler is the only player I’ve ever sent a tag to & he was only 11!
And I have a strict no tag policy in Junior footy.
I first knew Kepler when he was about 14 & he was a skinny, little exuberant, puppy of a kid, who was a mad Sydney fan & a ripper kid. He turned into a huge & fantastic fella. Thanks for the memories Bring back Drum :thumbsu:

There's a fair bit of WA talent this year as we all know.

Assuming we have 6 and 7 and two in the mid twenties...after Hill/Langdon trades

The draft is happening and we take 6 and 7 what's the thoughts on throwing our 2020 first into the ring if for instance Henry hasn't been bid on by say pick 14?

What if we Lobb (sic) the 2020 first in front of Geelong for 14 and 24? Most would assume given our list, new coach etc that we're a chance for bottom 6 again

6/7/14, Henry and one more in the 20's?

Can someone riddle me this logic?
Hill is the problem because the onus is completely on us to provide Freo with their demands. Bell could derail our entire trade period.

Admits the onus is completely on them to get the currency for Brad... but it's Bell's fault if they don't? Right.

Next year's draft is incredibly compromised but first round picks will still be valuable (assuming Western/Walker don't zoom up ahead of our 1st rounder). Given the risk of JL and co settling in next season I wouldn't touch our first personally. Assuming we finish around the same we'll have a top 7 pick (there will be quality available at that pick), then get Western and Walker and we'll have a great draft.

Instead I'd try and package up our future 2nd, whatever we get for Langdon and maybe our #26 to live trade for GC's #15 pick (or something similar) as well to get late picks to cover the points for Henry if the Henry bid doesn't come by then. If the bid does come before #15 I'd look at packaging the leftover pick, our future 2nd etc to try and shift up the order (ie into late 1st round).

They will try, but there's no way they'll trade a future first because they want Ben King. So ultimately, they don't have a choice, it's #6 for Hill or completely miss him. We're not accepting unders with Bell in charge

sure hope so!

with all the players they’re linked to, if you look at it objectively, Hill is the best player.

if I’m Saints, I get Hill done first. Then worry about the other guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back