Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope our strategy is not simply 7+8 and then use up points for Henry. Going to be disappointed if we don't trade back in to get something extra in the teens/20's.
How? The best we could do would be pick 30 for 2 future second rounders. Nobody is going to be give up a high second rounder for our future non first round picks. The only trade we could make would be one involving our future first. Even a swap would be risky and trading out our first outright for pick in the teens is just madness (no-one is going to swap future for pick 11 or 12 btw, forget about it).

Three top fifteen picks is fine.

not a great deal to be honest
Disagree. 28 is Henry. So your trading 2 places for forward guaranteeing henry and getting someone else
Basically means we get Henry for the equivalent in points of pick 30 (assuming mid table finishes. We finish last its a bit more pricey obviously)

How? The best we could do would be pick 30 for 2 future second rounders. Nobody is going to be give up a high second rounder for our future non first round picks. The only trade we could make would be one involving our future first. Even a swap would be risky and trading out our first outright for pick in the teens is just madness (no-one is going to swap future for pick 11 or 12 btw, forget about it).

Three top fifteen picks is fine.

You just said how. Use our future first. It is easily worth 11 or 12 in value, or two picks in the late teens/20's. I wouldn't normally advocate that, but I think Taylor and Sharp are worth top 10-15 picks.

The details seem pretty expensive for us. We lost #22 and a future 3rd to get a two pick upgrade (#10 to #8), #49 and a future 4th? Am I reading that right?

edit - actually we on traded the 4th as well by the looks. So even more expensive. wtf?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope our strategy is not simply 7+8 and then use up points for Henry. Going to be disappointed if we don't trade back in to get something extra in the teens/20's.

That is exactly our strategy.

Pick 7 and Pick 8 and Henry with remaining points. Perfect.

Get 3 first rounders for 2 and change.

That's fair good list management that deal. Gives us picks 7 and 8 and the rest of the picks used as points for Henry.

Edit - maybe not. How do we have enough points to use for Henry? Will we have trade back into the draft? I expect something else will happen.

The Crows secured pick No.22 and a future-third round selection from the Dockers in exchange for picks 28, 49 and a future fourth-round selection.
Ok, sorry, going by posts earlier in the thread, which had those two switched.

Not sure we'll miss it too much with 3 2nd rounders next year.

has cost us about 501pts in all to go 10 to 8. If I read it right though we need to do something more to cover if Henry bid occurs at 9 to 20 + we don't have enough points left in our picks. Something else looming maybe ?

current picks now 7,8,49,58,69,72

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back