Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes im sure Jack Stevens mental health issues can be attributed to not being traded 30 minutes up the road.

Why are you here?
Oh, and it’s a little over an hour with no traffic. But having to traverse inner Melbourne, it’s usually a 2 hour trip during the week.

I'm comfortable with Tucker and Conca on those wings. Here's why...

Bulldogs didn't panic when Ward, Harbrow and Griffin left - they went to the draft and got guys like Stringer and Bont.

Crows were OK without Davis, Bock and Tippett.

Eagles lost Priddis, Mitchell, Ebert, Stevens and Swift before they won a Premiership.

I'm sure Richmond didn't want Deledio to leave either.

Clubs lose players - it's the norm. Losing players doesn't mean you can't have success.

If they want to leave, make sure the club gets a good deal, take a strong hand to the draft and move on.

You might be over estimating the strength of this years draft.

I can easily see both Gold Coast and Brisbane selecting Rivers with our mid teens picks.

After say the top 10, this draft really opens up. How clubs rate the kids will be heavily influenced by club needs.

There aren’t many top tier mids this year, and quite a lot of the “decent” mids are short. And in general, AFL clubs don’t like short mids unless they are exceptional.

This draft has a 2017 feel about it. Did anyone expect Brisbane to select Brandon Starcevich with a top 20 pick then?

There are almost no KPP’s worth using a first round pick on, there are no top quality wingers, only one decent outside mid in Dylan Stephens.

There are a lot of small forwards or short mids that will start their careers as small forwards in this draft, and a lot of general defenders.

Clubs will know if they need a defender or small forward, they can find them in the second and third round. So they’re likely to prioritise kids who can play mid or project as future mids with early picks.

Gold Coast need mids, inside, outside, wing.

Brisbane’s head recruiter is already on record as saying we’re looking for mids and players who can play dual positions, such as general defence and mid. We’re also looking for a kid who can play both HBF and wing.

As much as I dislike Jeremy Sharp (because he’s soft), he has to be on our radar at either of our first two picks. So to Elijah Taylor at our second pick.

And Trent Rivers is exactly the type of kid Fagan likes and wants brought in. You can see Rivers slotting in to Hodge’s position as a general defender, the same role he played for WA at the U18 Champs. With a long term goal of moving him in to the midfield.

If Dylan Stephens, Will Gould and Brodie Kemp are off the board at our first pick, Rivers fits our profile better than any other kid rated as a top 25 prospect.

go for it

Holy fu** I have never been more angry reading an article. Hill is going to Victoria? Is he ******* now? That's funny because I could have sworn he's been here for three years on a supposedly front-loaded deal and has two ******* years to run on a contract.

The article conveniently rules out the Kelly move "coz ******* reasons"

Ok, you *******, here are some other examples of players with years left on their contract that have been held over regardless and I'll start in order of least relevance.

1) Ryan O'Keefe: Was told by Swans he was too valuable to trade, won a premiership as a result from memory, re-signed.
2) Cam McCarthy: We were told to fu** off with our two first round picks
3) Bryce Gibbs: Too important to Carlton to lose, Adelaide didnt want to pony up the picks to get him, took him the next year for the picks they didnt want to lose and got royally f’ed as a result. Didnt hurt Carlton though
4) Jack Stevens: Literally last year he asked to move to Geelong to be closer with family as he was struggling. 2 years on the contract, told he was too important.

Brad Hill will be traded if we God damn feel like it and only if the deal benefits us, otherwise, he will be staying with us. If we let him walk for anything less than a top 10 pick and change or quality mature player in return, I will grab a 1000 feathers, find Bell and sew every damn one of them into his cap until he looks a normal sized turkey

See posters, this is what happens when you upset snuff...he becomes the raging Snortingluphagus

Its enough to drive you to drink Snuff-

don't you just love stats.....the story

had 28 possessions, 18 kicks and 10 bandpasses...all effective
my 18 kicks were 100 effective all going to team members.
my 10 handpasses all went directly to team members

of my 18 kicks, 3 hit the players shoelaces, 4 his knees, 2 into the stomach, 3 into his back, 2 into the head and 4 into his hands four feet above his head
of my 10 handpasses 3 at the players feet, 3 into the stomach, 2 into the face and 2 into the hands.

Dropped the following week it was explained to me by the gruff coach that the sum total distance all my kicks was about 180 metres, that one of my teammates was lifted of his feet by an opposition bump trying to mark the ball at his bootlaces, one a displaced patella, one plastic surgery for a flattened nose and one a bruised "latissimus dorsie" (whatever that is). I said "but"....and the coach puts his hand up to continue "two hospital bandpasses have meant two of our team out this week, one with concussion, one a broken jaw and one your silly handpass causing a dislocated finger". I replied..."what is a hospital handpass'. He swore.....

still perplexed after many years... I was dropped the following week after being 100 percent efficient and effective...never to play again in the Malley outback seniors
Assisted metres gained is my favourite statistic

The reigning Brownlow medalist is amazing at it

I know Narkle from Geebung hasn’t been able to consistently crack the firsts and he’s recently had a touch of the McNamara’s at VFL level, but geeeeeez he’s a beautiful mover and user on his day. How long til he’s available?

For the record Brad loves it in Perth, can find him almost every morning at Scarborough beach catching waves, even runs his own Instagram page for it. Even his normal account is littered with photos of Scarbs.

If we hang onto him I doubt he’ll be too devastated, it’s more his missus.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely no idea IP

But, here’s my pick

Ed - No
Brad - Yes

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Por que no los dos? (As in keep...)

It will be seriously flipping disappointing, frustrating, rage-inducing sadness if Hill goes. Can’t believe how players / coaches / administrators come out and bald-faced lie. Just don’t ****ing say anything. Hill, Ross and Bell have all said he’s not going. But he almost 100% will. How about they just STFU about it?

(I know this will never happen but I’m pissed off in general and thinking ‘in an ideal world’. Which is, of course, bollocks).

Fyfe and Walters have another 2-3 years at the top level, if that.

If the rebuild is going the way Ross tells us it is, we will be contending in that time frame.

BHill is contracted until 2021.

If he asks to leave, it should be declined.

Would be surprised if his output drops to sub zero and if it did? fu** him, the world is full of people who refuse to look beyond their own nose. Our grandparents generation jumped on ships and traveled from God forsaken hell holes halfway around the globe to this burned ass continent with a palm full of shrapnel in their pocket.

People make sacrifices and deals all the time. Brad's a required player and he should play to the best of his damn ability until the last day of his contract. And you know what? I think he will.

There's enough people who make sacrifices in their lives for their families just to stay afloat, there's something to be said for making a deal, being a man of values and seeing it through.

You should start by getting a grip on reality.

You went full rage and lambasted his persona on something that hasnt actually occurred and then somehow aligned it with a part of history that has nothing to do with Brad Hill or if he wants to go back to Melbourne.

You might be over estimating the strength of this years draft.

I can easily see both Gold Coast and Brisbane selecting Rivers with our mid teens picks.

After say the top 10, this draft really opens up. How clubs rate the kids will be heavily influenced by club needs.

There aren’t many top tier mids this year, and quite a lot of the “decent” mids are short. And in general, AFL clubs don’t like short mids unless they are exceptional.

This draft has a 2017 feel about it. Did anyone expect Brisbane to select Brandon Starcevich with a top 20 pick then?

There are almost no KPP’s worth using a first round pick on, there are no top quality wingers, only one decent outside mid in Dylan Stephens.

There are a lot of small forwards or short mids that will start their careers as small forwards in this draft, and a lot of general defenders.

Clubs will know if they need a defender or small forward, they can find them in the second and third round. So they’re likely to prioritise kids who can play mid or project as future mids with early picks.

Gold Coast need mids, inside, outside, wing.

Brisbane’s head recruiter is already on record as saying we’re looking for mids and players who can play dual positions, such as general defence and mid. We’re also looking for a kid who can play both HBF and wing.

As much as I dislike Jeremy Sharp (because he’s soft), he has to be on our radar at either of our first two picks. So to Elijah Taylor at our second pick.

And Trent Rivers is exactly the type of kid Fagan likes and wants brought in. You can see Rivers slotting in to Hodge’s position as a general defender, the same role he played for WA at the U18 Champs. With a long term goal of moving him in to the midfield.

If Dylan Stephens, Will Gould and Brodie Kemp are off the board at our first pick, Rivers fits our profile better than any other kid rated as a top 25 prospect.

I’m one of the few here that rates Rivers.

His character is first class, and so are his skills.

Question is can he translate into midfield at the next level, or always remain a back man.

If he can then his pick value is rerated.

On my board he is higher than Robertson, currently.

I don't understand people getting angry about potential trades, players running away, managers shopping people around etc. That is just the new nature of the AFL show business. These are fundamentally slaves / people's livelihoods which they are trying to setup so that they don't have to work as hard after the end of what is a very short space of life. The hype generated with it a necessity of the player manager as well to achieve their client's objectives. And of the media that has to sell 24/7 to make some cents and advertise sports betting.

Additionally we have a competition which is setup to try and create a pseudo-equality ecosystem through balances of salary caps, drafts and other nonsense - if you don't like it follow a sport which...oh sorry they are ALL being turned into some kind of American gum show business .....welcome to the 21st century! If you don't like it, well then.

I don't understand people getting angry about potential trades, players running away, managers shopping people around etc. That is just the new nature of the AFL show business. These are fundamentally slaves / people's livelihoods which they are trying to setup so that they don't have to work as hard after the end of what is a very short space of life. The hype generated with it a necessity of the player manager as well to achieve their client's objectives. And of the media that has to sell 24/7 to make some cents and advertise sports betting.

Additionally we have a competition which is setup to try and create a pseudo-equality ecosystem through balances of salary caps, drafts and other nonsense - if you don't like it follow a sport which...oh sorry they are ALL being turned into some kind of American gum show business .....welcome to the 21st century! If you don't like it, well then.
Totally agree. Australians just can't get their head around players being in control of their careers and clubs with the ability to change the direction of their respective clubs fortunes. 'Loyalty' is such a misused word in reference to players and clubs. Imagine a lawyer taking a pay cut to work for a firm because they needed to hire more lawyers?
If anything it should be more exciting for fans, their club has more chances to improve their list and not condemned by 1-2 years of stupid list management.

To be clear, my rant isn’t on Hill leaving, it’s on the manner that bullshit article was written. Saying he’s going to Victoria, and we can’t hold him to contract which is bullshit Vic bias since no one thought ill of Carlton and St Kilda when they did it.

The article was a bullshit mouthpiece for Young to try to put some pressure on us to let him go. We’ll let him go if we get suitably compensated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back