Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you deal with Langdon and brad hill to satisfy all parties and get the deals done?

Fremantle: Pick 6, 24, 78

Melbourne: Pick 2, 20, 38, 56, 74

St Kilda: Pick 5, 55, 68, 77

I would like to see freo move up from 6 to 2 and get 24 to 20 from Melbourne and do some pick swaps to sweeten the deal for freos point of view.

For brad we have the power and need 5 and prob another quality pick to satisfy us.
I like Langdon and 6 to Melbourne for 2 and 20. We then split 2 by dealing with GWS who I think hold 13 and 14.

Hill to Saints for 5 plus a player like Acres perhaps and some change in low pics for points

13 and 20 to Geelong for Kelly.

Use 5, 14 and 24 etc in the draft

How would you deal with Langdon and brad hill to satisfy all parties and get the deals done?

Fremantle: Pick 6, 24, 78

Melbourne: Pick 2, 20, 38, 56, 74

St Kilda: Pick 5, 55, 68, 77

I would like to see freo move up from 6 to 2 and get 24 to 20 from Melbourne and do some pick swaps to sweeten the deal for freos point of view.

For brad we have the power and need 5 and prob another quality pick to satisfy us.

If we move from 6>2 (prob 7>3) AND 25>21, I doubt we get extra picks to sweeten the deal. That deal is pretty sweet for Freo as it is, considering Langdon is out of contract. Equates to a pick 26 for Langdon.

If they threw in their pick 60ish (what it would end up being), it would be pick 22 - probably closer to Langdon's value, pick 40 makes it pick 15, which over rates him IMO. Maybe we could throw them our pick 80 back in any scenario.

Depends how hard-line Bell is, but I think if Langdon, 7, 25 for 3, 21 and 60 = pick 22, then they're more likely to offer pick 21 and be done with it. I'd like to think Belly plays hard ball and goes for the first scenario, but realistically, Melbourne hold the cards with pick 3 and 21 - they'd possibly pick him at 21 anyway if he goes to the draft, and we would end up with sweet FA. I think it will be a straight swap Langdon for 21.

But a 7 > 3, and 25 > 21 would be a great result if we could swing it.

I like Langdon and 6 to Melbourne for 2 and 20. We then split 2 by dealing with GWS who I think hold 13 and 14.

Hill to Saints for 5 plus a player like Acres perhaps and some change in low pics for points

13 and 20 to Geelong for Kelly.

Use 5, 14 and 24 etc in the draft

Langdon and 6 for 2 & 20 values Langdon at pick 7, his value is not anywhere near there, his value is about 20.

Before Tim Kelly, there was also a bloke called Menegola who suddenly turned into an AFL player. He's dropped off a lot this year, probably to do with Kelly taking his on ball time off him.

Makes you wonder if Geelong's development coaches are better than most and they can make the transition easier.
He had a year or two at Subi under Schofield before he went to Geelong and that is where he flicked the switch. Geelong didn't have the magic beans...

If we move from 6>2 (prob 7>3) AND 25>21, I doubt we get extra picks to sweeten the deal. That deal is pretty sweet for Freo as it is, considering Langdon is out of contract. Equates to a pick 26 for Langdon.

If they threw in their pick 60ish (what it would end up being), it would be pick 22 - probably closer to Langdon's value, pick 40 makes it pick 15, which over rates him IMO. Maybe we could throw them our pick 80 back in any scenario.

Depends how hard-line Bell is, but I think if Langdon, 7, 25 for 3, 21 and 60 = pick 22, then they're more likely to offer pick 21 and be done with it. I'd like to think Belly plays hard ball and goes for the first scenario, but realistically, Melbourne hold the cards with pick 3 and 21 - they'd possibly pick him at 21 anyway if he goes to the draft, and we would end up with sweet FA. I think it will be a straight swap Langdon for 21.

But a 7 > 3, and 25 > 21 would be a great result if we could swing it.
The team trading up has to lose out a little. If we hold pick 3 it really gives us some strength.

I’d favour as you say 7, 25 > 3, 21

I’d then offer 3 alone for Kelly - take it or leave it. If no deal take 3 to the draft and be open to offers on trade evening. Best to hold cards to the last minute to extract max value (ie hopefully some momentum builds that Sydney will bid on Tom Green) and we can go big with a pick swap on draft night. Alternatively:
- we may have a player in mind and just use the pick
- if WCE and Geelong fail to negotiate a trade we could select Kelly in the ND.

I reckon Kelly will nominate West Coast and they should stump up for him.

This would please me as it means Freo should have the pick of the best WA talent. Not that they will use the opportunity in reality.
You know what will happen next - Geelong will draft 3 WA guys

Some times it's worth going against the herd-do the opposite.

We could have rookie drafted both Kelly & Ryan,worth taking a risk imo.

The amount of countless times I'd see on this board saying we should be having a crack at these guys.Rest is history.
Good idea, so WAFL watchers, who should we rookie this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Geelong offered Kelly $800k
WCE offering $833K
What about us? Hopefully we don't give up. We're no chance, but hes worth staying in touch with to see how it pans out.
Really? We ll have to offer 900+. Sorry but that’s no way as a Freo member that’s acceptable. Close to Fyfe coin. For a player that didn’t want to come here last year. Stuff it. West Coast can have him.
That means they would be out for Bolton, you’d hope

I don't understand why Geelong would want to make a top 4-8 team stronger, that and they lost two GF's to
WC.
Could come back and bite them in the ar$e, similar to when Ross let Ball go for free.
Geelong have been showing their hand before the finals even started. Started off with 2 firsts, then 3 picks inside top 30. It sounds to me like Kelly is definitely leaving and they're trying to make a bidding war that all interested teams can be involved in.

They won't get what they want, it'll be less than they want and I think their aiming high and it will work it's way to a more reasonable pick amount, something that isn't perfect for them but gets them a player they require.

Top 10 pick and a 20s pick, they lost the card up their sleeve from last year as he is uncontracted now and I bet they hoped he signed on so they could get 2 top 10s and maybe a second rounder but that bit them on the ass.

Oh for sure. Just expecting a pick 10ish plus acres type deal that’s a bit meh all round
I don’t mind as long as it’s no worse than 10

I think getting 5 and Acres is a pipe dream even if contracted. I don’t value Acres to highly but I’d take Acres and 10 over just pick 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back